[WC 6] PokeMMO World Cup 6th Edition - General Thread (July 23rd, 2023 to October 29th, 2023)

5 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I have a biggest idea for the WC 6. Instead of making a donate system to qualify teams, this can be used only for selecting captains. Also, allow some countrys to have secondary teams if two captains payed(Example, if two captains register for Brasil, the one that donates more choose if want use name West Brazil, while the other will use East Brasil). When ended the team selections, all teams will be displayed and players will select for which team will play. If country fail to get 6, then captain will be refunded and the players will be ellegible to "Rest of" teams. On pickup teams, we will have 6 teams pickup ellegible: Latin Party, North America United, West Europe Team, East Europe Team, African Nations and Asia - Oceania Collab team. Captains that donate more will pick one of those teams, and will have all players that don't get picked for their respective country teams. This will be decided before player signups starts, because some players can withdraw from their countrys to play in Pickup teams, for multiple reasons(Like fearing being benched due to bad relation with captain, or other player better on same tier, or even if player don't think that can trust on captain.)

Also, if a player register for a country, he can select if want to play to a country team or in the pick up team for that region.
The teamplate will look like this:

Reveal hidden contents

IGN:
Team Selected(Can only Answer the name of team or the region, example: US East/US South/US West/North America United):
Tiers:

Quick note: Players can change their tier preference on the middle of tour, but LC compatibility will be decided with the entry submited on first post. Example: My country have 5 players to play LC, but some decided to no longer play. Unless you have only 1 or no player able to play LC, your team will still be compatible with tier. Also, compatibility will only be changed after week ends.

Example:
Brasil Teams:
West Brazil - Captain: Clorokina
East Brazil - Captain: Makarov

Pickup Teams:
Latin Party - Captain; zLumiere

IGN: CaioXLive
Team Selected: West Brazil/Latin Party
Tiers: OU/NU/LC

After teams being build, then will starts a Qualifying Country Tournament, divided into the 4 regions(America/Africa/Europe/Asia-Oceania). All of them with 4 spots. 1st-4th of qualifiers will play on First Division, 5th-8th on second, and remaining will play only next year. The first and second division countrys will be splited on 4 groups of 4 in each division, and then play in 6-week group stage. Leader Group on First Division will go to play-offs, 4th place will be relegated, 3rd place will go to a Play-off. In second division, Group leader gets promoted, 2nd group place play a play-off with the 3rd group places, for spots in first division of WC 7. 4th place will need to defend their spots against teams on Regional Tournaments.

About tiers: 

The tiers will be a 6 tiers for first stage:
OU/UU/NU/DB/LC or OU, depends if team are compatible or not/Home team Choice(No LC)

On finals will be a 6 tier rotation, with a Tiebreak if needed: 
Regular: OU/UU/NU/DB/2x Captain Choice
Tie-Break: OU/2x Captain Choice

About local stadium:
Teams can go on a auction and buy some place to use as their home stadium and play their match on Home. Only requirment is to be a area of at least 7x7 with free space, and also being accesible to everyone. For instance, a random cave on Iron Island aren't ellegible but the Battleground on the Survival area of Sinnoh's Battle Frontier island is ellegible.

Absolutely not. If I host WC 6, I will never do any of those things.

One team is not a allowed to split into two. If players from the same country want two different parts of their country represented, they can do so by creating two seperate teams from the start.

I'm not going to organize 4 qualifying tournaments that will split the teams into two divisions that will then go through different group stages. This would be a huge mess. We don't even know how many teams will sign up, so there is a huge chance the 2nd Division bracket looks horrendus with tons of byes. 

All games will be played at the same place, Vermillion Ch4, so that spectators and players know exactly where to go when a match is announced instead of searching for that match all over the place.

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

One team is not a allowed to split into two. If players from the same country want two different parts of their country represented, they can do so by creating two seperate teams from the start.

Why is the problem with this? On past WC some countrys and regions are splited like Rest of Europe(Rest of Europe/West Europe) , Venezuela(Arepera/Criolla) and Philiphines(Adoboiz/Sinigang). Also, on smogon's WCOP, USA is splited in regions and aren't a problem too.

Edited by caioxlive13
1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

Why is the problem with this? On past WC some countrys and regions are splited like Rest of Europe(Rest of Europe/West Europe) , Venezuela(Arepera/Criolla) and Philiphines(Adoboiz/Sinigang). Also, on smogon's WCOP, USA is splited in regions and aren't a problem too.

"Rest of ..." teams are imo super lame and I don't want those. If a country wants to split into two, it's possible as long as they organize themselves to make it happen.

Edited by gbwead
On 10/18/2022 at 10:09 AM, kiwi said:

So you are saying that the guys who make possible for the others to watch games should lose their time for free? Yeah good idea if you want to have less than 5% of games recorded. Also a fee to participate increases prize pool, whats wrong with it?

When i said "pay to participate" it was because whoever donates more is going to get spot for world cup 6. Lol

About what you said, having some incentive to media partners can be good idea, in wc 5 they are using donated RPs for triple threat event for example, but thats pretty diferent from giving a huge part of prize pool, more than 3rd place that dont receive nothing...

Edited by LadyR0sy

Media partner thing is actually not a bad idea but it should be taken care beforehand by some kind of organization (call it the hype host that can be in charge or whatever) that will make sure they will do stuff and maybe organize events. If there is no plan for that I see difficult to implement money prize for em. If someone arises with good ideas and media partners are here to back them up it can probably be easily done. 

9 hours ago, LadyR0sy said:

When i said "pay to participate" it was because whoever donates more is going to get spot for world cup 6. Lol

About what you said, having some incentive to media partners can be good idea, in wc 5 they are using donated RPs for triple threat event for example, but thats pretty diferent from giving a huge part of prize pool, more than 3rd place that dont receive nothing...

People recording videos do more for the event than anyone else, and tbh 3rd place shouldnt recieve any prize, only 1st and 2nd

On 10/21/2022 at 7:49 AM, kiwi said:

People recording videos do more for the event than anyone else, and tbh 3rd place shouldnt recieve any prize, only 1st and 2nd

Is the first game or game-event that i even see someone just saying 3rd place doesnt matter! 
And in all games when a event happens media partners profit from their own content with their actual fans, they are not involved with the event it self in this way 😂 (Unless you guys do something along the lines of what @
Poufilou said...)
What you say doesn't make sense and doesn't happen in any game!

In fact, the whole event doesn't even make sense when teams are buying the spot to participate, so discussing everything else is a complete waste of time.

Good luck with this biased world cup for the rich pokemmo people 😂

Edited by LadyR0sy
45 minutes ago, LadyR0sy said:

Is the first game or game-event that i even see someone just saying 3rd place doesnt matter! 
And in all games when a event happens media partners profit from their own content with their actual fans, they are not involved with the event it self in this way 😂 (Unless you guys do something along the lines of what @
Poufilou said...)

In fact, the whole event doesn't even make sense when teams are buying the spot to participate, so discussing everything else is a complete waste of time.

True, I think the most acceptable thing is for the captain to pay, but also to let a nation be divided in two, to avoid that, for example, two Chinese, a random with a lot of money (assuming $30m) and one that can be a decent captain , but which has a smaller budget (Assume $15m), the randoms gets select just because he are rich. To not get so abusive, each nation could have up to 2 or 3 teams, because then it avoids, for example, 5 Chinas. Obviously, nations will be considered as independent countries, even if they are not widely recognized. For example, Taiwan won't count as a Second Chinese team, Kosovo won't count as a Second Serbia team, etc...

So, if the country fail to get 6 players, then the captain will be refunded and players that sign-up for him can integrate on a "Rest of" team. Gbwead don't agree but those teams are necessary, because most part of countrys didn't have enough players to play(We can see on Latam Team of WC5, lot of players from the team are from countrys that failed to get 6 players, especially the ones placed in latam because their continent don't have enough players to a "rest of" team, like the 3 from Vietnam, 1 for Italy, 1 from Sri Lanka and 1 from Australia)

Edited by caioxlive13

Recording duels is super important for these kind of events. It's the only way for spectators to watch a match they missed and it's also the only way to keep a trace of the event long term. People that record duels take a lot of their time to do so and it's imo imperative to support them. 

49 minutes ago, LadyR0sy said:

If all you're going to do is complain and criticize without suggesting anything to improve the event format, please stop wasting your time as well as everyone that bothers to read your rants.

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

If all you're going to do is complain and criticize without suggesting anything to improve the event format, please stop wasting your time as well as everyone that bothers to read your rants.

He/she is giving a point on an issue that may be problematic. In my opinion, I think Captains should donate to be captains and that's it. Players don't need to donate to play, after all, not everyone has 2018 vanities to sell and pay enough for the captain to choose you. Another point is the selection of teams. Again a p2w, because literally you're going to give vacancies without merit in battle, just because you donated more, and I don't think it should be like that. Large countries would be favored over smaller ones. Obviously China would be chosen over Germany even without the WC champion bonus, assuming WC 5 players all sign up again. Germany has 7 players if I'm not mistaken, China had more than 30 players wanting to join. The amount that china would donate is bigger than germany can donate.

For captain selection, i mentioned before and i repeat if are necessary: I think the most acceptable thing is for the captain to pay, but also to let a nation be divided in two, to avoid that, for example, two Chinese, a random with a lot of money (assuming $30m) and one that can be a decent captain , but which has a smaller budget (Assume $15m), the randoms gets select just because he are rich. To not get so abusive, each nation could have up to 2 or 3 teams, because then it avoids, for example, 5 Chinas. Obviously, nations will be considered as independent countries, even if they are not widely recognized. For example, Taiwan won't count as a Second Chinese team, Kosovo won't count as a Second Serbia team, etc...

So, if the country fail to get 6 players, then the captain will be refunded and players that sign-up for him can integrate on a "Rest of" team. You probally don't agree but those teams are necessary, because most part of countrys didn't have enough players to play(We can see on Latam Team of WC5, lot of players from the team are from countrys that failed to get 6 players, especially the ones placed in latam because their continent don't have enough players to a "rest of" team, like the 3 from Vietnam, 1 for Italy, 1 from Sri Lanka and 1 from Australia)

About the qualifiers, there would be 2nd division in the WC if, and only if, we had 32 or more teams, otherwise it would be 1 division only.

The Home Stadium issue is literally a way of compensating at least in part for what would not be collected with the entry of players. The home team would also have the advantage of choosing 1 of the 6 tiers, the visitor would not.

Edited by caioxlive13
36 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

He/she is giving a point on an issue that may be problematic. In my opinion, I think Captains should donate to be captains and that's it. Players don't need to donate to play, after all, not everyone has 2018 vanities to sell and pay enough for the captain to choose you. Another point is the selection of teams. Again a p2w, because literally you're going to give vacancies without merit in battle, just because you donated more, and I don't think it should be like that. Large countries would be favored over smaller ones. Obviously China would be chosen over Germany even without the WC champion bonus, assuming WC 5 players all sign up again. Germany has 7 players if I'm not mistaken, China had more than 30 players wanting to join. The amount that china would donate is bigger than germany can donate.

1. "only captains should donate"?? Why? wtf
  2. "Players don't need to donate to play" I never said players needed to donate to play.
  3. The regions with most community support are the ones that will be competing in WC 6. There is no p2w aspect whatsoever. If a country has no supporters, well tough luck. I'm not going to bend over backward just to get that country represented. Every single World Cup, we see some countries throwing the towel after the first week. I do not want to have quitters ruin the event and this is what is going to happen if every country gets automatically selected without having to put anything on line.

21 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

For captain selection, i mentioned before and i repeat if are necessary: I think the most acceptable thing is for the captain to pay, but also to let a nation be divided in two, to avoid that, for example, two Chinese, a random with a lot of money (assuming $30m) and one that can be a decent captain , but which has a smaller budget (Assume $15m), the randoms gets select just because he are rich. To not get so abusive, each nation could have up to 2 or 3 teams, because then it avoids, for example, 5 Chinas. Obviously, nations will be considered as independent countries, even if they are not widely recognized. For example, Taiwan won't count as a Second Chinese team, Kosovo won't count as a Second Serbia team, etc...

I explained this to you already: a country is allowed to be divided into two teams if the two teams represent different part of that country. What don't you understand? Why are you bringing this up again?

26 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

So, if the country fail to get 6 players, then the captain will be refunded and players that sign-up for him can integrate on a "Rest of" team. You probally don't agree but those teams are necessary, because most part of countrys didn't have enough players to play(We can see on Latam Team of WC5, lot of players from the team are from countrys that failed to get 6 players, especially the ones placed in latam because their continent don't have enough players to a "rest of" team, like the 3 from Vietnam, 1 for Italy, 1 from Sri Lanka and 1 from Australia)

I explained this already. Players create their own teams and players can sign up for any team they want. If a country fails to have the necessary funds or amount of donators to be selected, the players of that team are free to join any other team that will accept them. Not a single player is being leftout. So why are you saying "Rest of..." Teams are necessary if litteraly every single team has the potential to recruit outsider player just like a "Rest of..." team would right now? 

35 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

The Home Stadium issue is literally a way of compensating at least in part for what would not be collected with the entry of players. The home team would also have the advantage of choosing 1 of the 6 tiers, the visitor would not.

I already explained the problem with doing that.

TL;DR

Players do not need to pay to play. Countries/Regions need to pay to participate. Players can sign up for any country/region that has been selected. 

4 hours ago, LadyR0sy said:

¡Es el primer juego o evento de juego en el que veo a alguien diciendo que el tercer lugar no importa! 
Y en todos los juegos, cuando ocurre un evento, los socios de medios se benefician de su propio contenido con sus fanáticos reales, no están involucrados con el evento en sí de esta manera 😂 (A menos que ustedes hagan algo similar a lo que dijo
@Poufilou ... )
¡Lo que dices no tiene sentido y no sucede en ningún juego!

De hecho, todo el evento ni siquiera tiene sentido cuando los equipos compran el lugar para participar, por lo que discutir todo lo demás es una completa pérdida de tiempo.

Suerte con este mundial sesgado para la gente rica de pokemmo 😂

WC 6>>> TRASH >> WC5

12 hours ago, LadyR0sy said:

Poufilou said...)

I'd rather be able to watch games that I've missed than give a prize to a loser

Anyway, in my opinion there are things that are problematic.
1st - It's already kind of wrong for you to be free to compete in any country. You can represent china but just because you have a friend in the philippines will you change country to play with him? This isn't PSL or Teams Champions League to you choose players that you want to play together with you. So the WC 5 system must be maintained.
2nd - I don't agree with the whole country having to get together to buy a spot. Again, just the captain paying is enough. And this payment is not used to buy a spot, but to determine the order when choosing the local stadiums (Whoever pays more chooses first.)
3rd - Change the place that are used to play is even something interesting to do because we literally play in a totally different atmosphere when we are in another place. Furthermore, this opens up possibilities to host games in Sinnoh or Unova, allowing the winners to even set off fireworks and have a dignified celebration, which is not possible in Kanto. It also allows players to leave Vermilion, which is lagged in any channel because it is one of, if not the city with the most concentrated players. Good to avoid the lag mainly while the devs don't notice the bug in the Alphas that causes a little lag, that combined with excessive amount of players , can crash the game on weakers computers/cellphones.

4th - As I said before, a rich captain can offer a lot of money and even having support from a minority of the nation gets selected(using china as an example. They had 30 players and assuming they have 30 again in the next WC, if a captain has the support and the donations of only 9 of them, but those 9 are extremely rich, and if they(9 players + Captain giving a extra funding without anyone notice) donate more than the rest combined, they will be selected even though most of the nation doesn't want him as captain). That's why I think a country can be divided without agreement between the two captains, but with a certain limit to avoid abuse. (this captain, for example, may not agree to divide the country. So you're basically stopping 20 players from playing WC). 
5th - The schedule doesn't match much. I had already warned that I was going to wait for WC 5 to end to talk to Unnefable so he could hold WC 6 (not passing the baton or hosting the tour) so I could host the Olympic Games next year, the idea was rotating both events, one each year. Now it's not possible, because the World Cup 6 will already occupy the window reserved for that.

Edited by caioxlive13
12 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Anyway, in my opinion there are things that are problematic.
1st - It's already kind of wrong for you to be free to compete in any country. You can represent china but just because you have a friend in the philippines will you change country to play with him? This isn't PSL or Teams Champions League to you choose players that you want to play together with you. So the WC 5 system must be maintained.

As wrong as it may be, there is no way to stop someone from lying just to play in another country by pretending they are from there. And I certainly am not interested in investigating every single player that sign up for the event. That's not realistic.

2nd - I don't agree with the whole country having to get together to buy a spot. Again, just the captain paying is enough. And this payment is not used to buy a spot, but to determine the order when choosing the local stadiums (Whoever pays more chooses first.)
3rd - Change the place that are used to play is even something interesting to do because we literally play in a totally different atmosphere when we are in another place. Furthermore, this opens up possibilities to host games in Sinnoh or Unova, allowing the winners to even set off fireworks and have a dignified celebration, which is not possible in Kanto. It also allows players to leave Vermilion, which is lagged in any channel because it is one of, if not the city with the most concentrated players. Good to avoid the lag mainly while the devs don't notice the bug in the Alphas that causes a little lag, that combined with excessive amount of players , can crash the game on weakers computers/cellphones.

Aside from avoiding potential lag in Vermillion, I see absolutely no value in changing locations. Fireworks? Really? Changing the atmosphere? This is video game, if you want to change atmosphere, go outside zebi, don't change location in PokeMMO.

Anyway, I have no problem with your idea of changing location if people want that. So far, I haven't seen anyone that shares your opinion on the matter, so I see no need to change anything. 

4th - As I said before, a rich captain can offer a lot of money and even having support from a minority of the nation gets selected(using china as an example. They had 30 players and assuming they have 30 again in the next WC, if a captain has the support and the donations of only 9 of them, but those 9 are extremely rich, and if they(9 players + Captain giving a extra funding without anyone notice) donate more than the rest combined, they will be selected even though most of the nation doesn't want him as captain). That's why I think a country can be divided without agreement between the two captains, but with a certain limit to avoid abuse. (this captain, for example, may not agree to divide the country. So you're basically stopping 20 players from playing WC). 

I understand what you mean, but it's not something that can really be controlled even in past World Cups. If a country has a captain that isn't liked by everyone, not everyone will be happy. No host can control the intentions of the participants in its events, there will always be issues, I'm just minimizing them as much as I can. I am not interested in organizing elections for every single country that sign ups. I want 0 involvement in the creation of teams. 

5th - The schedule doesn't match much. I had already warned that I was going to wait for WC 5 to end to talk to Unnefable so he could hold WC 6 (not passing the baton or hosting the tour) so I could host the Olympic Games next year, the idea was rotating both events, one each year. Now it's not possible, because the World Cup 6 will already occupy the window reserved for that.

If people next year prefer have an Olympic Games event instead of a World Cup event, they can say so. I'm not imposing this event on anyone. I said it multiple times already. If I host WC 6, this thread shows what I am planning to do and that's why I wanted feedback. However, if people would rather have another event or another host, I have 0 problem with stepping down. A forum poll can settle this very simply.

I updated the event thread with the following changes:

• Added 2 extra weeks at the start of the event in order to give more time for captains to gather donations.
  • Improved the selection process through two qualifiers tournaments
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, now that the dust has settled a bit, and we have more precise details, we can comment on a few things.
There are some problems in the World Cup. The first is the Pay to Enter issue. It's already kind of evident that the vacancies will have to be "bought"(Who offers more take the spot) and less than 10% will be for merit. I don't agree, after all, the only tour that is acceptable for teams to buy their seats is the Teams Champions League. World Cup is a tournament of nations where are supposed to see the best nation of the world, A nation even with good players, and with potential of going far on tournament, can be left out if there are not enough donations. 
Another point is to give permission to anyone to play in any nation. This can result in situations unfair(to say the least) in the tournament, where a captain and 3 friends of the nation who are rich, donate enough and can leave 90% of the nation out, in addition to being able to call whoever they want, and as long as they accept and register for the same nation, they can play together. Not sayiing the players will be bad, but this can remove the spot of a player that could be potentially good, and a more fair captain could give him a chance.

The system to players register for WC 5 must keep. We can't allow players to switch nations freely just to "play with friends", this isn't what World Cup is about.
If wants to collect funds to World Cup, i have a idea. Just captain donates and they need to buy the Captain Role for their country. In order to avoid incoveniences related before, to a bad captain that will only donate more and gets selected, a country would be allowed to split without both captains agree, but with a limit of teams per country based on a formula on the previous WC entrys:

x = WC(N-1) players signed in for that country
(x/16 + 1), round down, cap to 3. The number is the limit of teams that a country can have. Philiphines can have 1 team, while Cuba can have a maximum 3 teams.
All regions will be pre-defined before tour starts: Latin America/North America/Europe(Can split on West/East)/Asia(Can Split in West/East)(Oceania Players will be ellegible to Asia team)/Africa

The captains will be decided before tour starts and players can sign-up filling the following teamplate:
Teams Avaliable for that country:
Nation X Teams : 

Name: 
Country Team: (This will be a priority list, you will be register on the first team of list and if the team cannot compete, you will be passed to next.)
Tiers:
Discord: 
Fluff: 

Example:
Teams Avaliable for Countrys:
Brasil Teams - Cap: 2(20 players on last WC/16 + 1 = 2,25 , Rounded to 2)
 North-West Brasil - Captain: Makarov
 Eastern Brasil - Captain: Biqueta
American Teams -
 Team Latam - Captain: zLumiere
 North American Party - Innelegible for me

Name: CaioXLive
Country Team: Eastern Brasil / Team Latam
Discord: (Do you really think that i will send it? On this example, not.)

Spoiler

This is the list of the nations of previous WC with at least 6 players, and how much teams they can have:
-Argentina: 20 players(20/16 + 1  = 2,25 , round to 2) 
-Belgium: 13 players(13/16 + 1  = 1,8125 , round to 1)
-Brasil: 20 players(20/16 + 1  = 2,25 , round to 2)
-Canada: 10 players(10/16 + 1  = 1,625 , round to 1)
-Chile: 16 players(16/16 + 1  = 2 )
-China: 17 players(17/16 + 1  = 2,0625 , round to 2)
-Colombia: 8 players(8/16 + 1  = 1,5 , round to 1)
-Cuba: 32 players(32/16 + 1  =  3)
-France: 23 players (23/16 + 1  = 2,4375 , round to 2)
-Germany: 7 players (7/16 + 1  = 1,4375 , round to 1)
-Madagascar: 8 players (8/16 + 1  = 1,5 , round to 1)
-Mexico: 21 players(21/16 + 1  = 2,3125 , round to 2)
-Netherlands: 9 players(9/16 + 1  = 1,5625 , round to 1)
-Paraguay: 9 players(9/16 + 1  = 1,5625 , round to 1)
-Peru: 16 players(16/16 + 1  = 2)
-Philippines: 9 players(9/16 + 1  = 1,5625 , round to 1)
-Portugal: 8 players (8/16 + 1  = 1,5 , round to 1)
-South Korea: 9 players(9/16 + 1  = 1,5625 , round to 1)
-Spain: 20 players(20/16 + 1  = 2,25 , round to 2)
-Taiwan: 15 players(15/16 + 1  = 1,9375 , round to 1)
-UK: 6 players(6/16 + 1  = 1,375 , round to 1)
-USA: 15 players (15/16 + 1  = 1,9375 , round to 1)
-Venezuela: 34 players (34/16 + 1  = 3,125 , round to 3)
1 Team: Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Germany, Madagascar, Netherlands, Paraguay, Philiphines, Portugal, South Korea, Taiwan, UK and USA.
2 Teams: Argentina, Brasil, Chile, China, France, Mexico, Peru and Spain.
3 Teams: Cuba and Venezuela

Edited by caioxlive13
13 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Well, now that the dust has settled a bit, and we have more precise details, we can comment on a few things.
There are some problems in the World Cup. The first is the Pay to Enter issue. It's already kind of evident that the vacancies will have to be "bought"(Who offers more take the spot) and less than 10% will be for merit. I don't agree, after all, the only tour that is acceptable for teams to buy their seats is the Teams Champions League. World Cup is a tournament of nations where are supposed to see the best nation of the world, A nation even with good players, and with potential of going far on tournament, can be left out if there are not enough donations. 
Another point is to give permission to anyone to play in any nation. This can result in situations unfair(to say the least) in the tournament, where a captain and 3 friends of the nation who are rich, donate enough and can leave 90% of the nation out, in addition to being able to call whoever they want, and as long as they accept and register for the same nation, they can play together. Not sayiing the players will be bad, but this can remove the spot of a player that could be potentially good, and a more fair captain could give him a chance.

The system to players register for WC 5 must keep. We can't allow players to switch nations freely just to "play with friends", this isn't what World Cup is about.
If wants to collect funds to World Cup, i have a idea. Just captain donates and they need to buy the Captain Role for their country. In order to avoid incoveniences related before, to a bad captain that will only donate more and gets selected, a country would be allowed to split without both captains agree, but with a limit of teams per country based on a formula on the previous WC entrys:

x = WC(N-1) players signed in for that country
(x/16 + 1), round down, cap to 3. The number is the limit of teams that a country can have. Philiphines can have 1 team, while Cuba can have a maximum 3 teams.
All regions will be pre-defined before tour starts: Latin America/North America/Europe(Can split on West/East)/Asia(Can Split in West/East)(Oceania Players will be ellegible to Asia team)/Africa

The captains will be decided before tour starts and players can sign-up filling the following teamplate:
Teams Avaliable for that country:
Nation X Teams : 

Name: 
Country Team: (This will be a priority list, you will be register on the first team of list and if the team cannot compete, you will be passed to next.)
Tiers:
Discord: 
Fluff: 

Example:
Teams Avaliable for Countrys:
Brasil Teams - Cap: 2(20 players on last WC/16 + 1 = 2,25 , Rounded to 2)
 North-West Brasil - Captain: Makarov
 Eastern Brasil - Captain: Biqueta
American Teams -
 Team Latam - Captain: zLumiere
 North American Party - Innelegible for me

Name: CaioXLive
Country Team: Eastern Brasil / Team Latam
Discord: (Do you really think that i will send it? On this example, not.)

Reveal hidden contents

This is the list of the nations of previous WC with at least 6 players, and how much teams they can have:
-Argentina: 20 players(20/16 + 1  = 2,25 , round to 2) 
-Belgium: 13 players(13/16 + 1  = 1,8125 , round to 1)
-Brasil: 20 players(20/16 + 1  = 2,25 , round to 2)
-Canada: 10 players(10/16 + 1  = 1,625 , round to 1)
-Chile: 16 players(16/16 + 1  = 2 )
-China: 17 players(17/16 + 1  = 2,0625 , round to 2)
-Colombia: 8 players(8/16 + 1  = 1,5 , round to 1)
-Cuba: 32 players(32/16 + 1  =  3)
-France: 23 players (23/16 + 1  = 2,4375 , round to 2)
-Germany: 7 players (7/16 + 1  = 1,4375 , round to 1)
-Madagascar: 8 players (8/16 + 1  = 1,5 , round to 1)
-Mexico: 21 players(21/16 + 1  = 2,3125 , round to 2)
-Netherlands: 9 players(9/16 + 1  = 1,5625 , round to 1)
-Paraguay: 9 players(9/16 + 1  = 1,5625 , round to 1)
-Peru: 16 players(16/16 + 1  = 2)
-Philippines: 9 players(9/16 + 1  = 1,5625 , round to 1)
-Portugal: 8 players (8/16 + 1  = 1,5 , round to 1)
-South Korea: 9 players(9/16 + 1  = 1,5625 , round to 1)
-Spain: 20 players(20/16 + 1  = 2,25 , round to 2)
-Taiwan: 15 players(15/16 + 1  = 1,9375 , round to 1)
-UK: 6 players(6/16 + 1  = 1,375 , round to 1)
-USA: 15 players (15/16 + 1  = 1,9375 , round to 1)
-Venezuela: 34 players (34/16 + 1  = 3,125 , round to 3)
1 Team: Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Germany, Madagascar, Netherlands, Paraguay, Philiphines, Portugal, South Korea, Taiwan, UK and USA.
2 Teams: Argentina, Brasil, Chile, China, France, Mexico, Peru and Spain.
3 Teams: Cuba and Venezuela

Please stop repeating yourself. You made your points several times already and I adressed those every single time. This is not going anywhere. I'm not hosting your event. If you want WC to be hosted in the way you want, do it yourself.

@caioxlive13 If you want me to consider your suggestions, you need to make sure they work with what I want:

1. Each team must compete! They need to care. They need to fight for their spot. I do not want a group of players to be put together by the host and then they give up after their first loss. This happens every World Cup and there is no way I'm accepting a system where players get a spot without proving that they are not going to give up.

2. I do not want unlimited teams competing. I want a number of teams that can be seperated into pools and then seperated into a single elimination brackets. I think this can work for 16 teams, 20 teams and 24 teams. If you have a suggestion, make sure the number of teams is defined into something that works and not unlimited.

3. There is absolutely no freaking way that as a host I would create "rest of ..." teams. If players go through the effort of creating a "rest of ..." team, that's fine. However, as a host, I'm not doing that. Same thing goes for multiple teams in the same country. It's not happening unless the players do it themselves. 

4. I do not want to be involved in background checking every single player to make sure they come from where they claim. Players will lie to play with who they want and I'm not going to police them around. 

5. I want the event to be simple and organized. So if you are expecting me to host a tournament with 32 different teams that go through mutliple qualifiers tournaments, then go into pools and then go into double elimination brackets, forget it. I don't want World Cup to last more than 4 months.
Edited by gbwead
  • gbwead changed the title to [WC 6] PokeMMO Wolrd Cup 6th Edition - General Thread (July 23rd, 2023 to October 29th, 2023)
2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Each team must compete! They need to care. They need to fight for their spot. I do not want a group of players to be put together by the host and then they give up after their first loss. This happens every World Cup and there is no way I'm accepting a system where players get a spot without proving that they are not going to give up.

If you think that this can be avoidable making team pay, well, will not work. Compare TCL Week 6 and 7. If you notice, on group B, one match are missing on Week 7. Some team dropped out. And need to reminder, on TCL you pay for your spot. Even on a tour pay to enter like TCL some team will drop out, what don't guarrant that here will not be the same thing?