[WC 6] PokeMMO World Cup 6th Edition - General Thread (July 23rd, 2023 to October 29th, 2023)

40 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

If you think that this can be avoidable making team pay, well, will not work. Compare TCL Week 6 and 7. If you notice, on group B, one match are missing on Week 7. Some team dropped out. And need to reminder, on TCL you pay for your spot. Even on a tour pay to enter like TCL some team will drop out, what don't guarrant that here will not be the same thing?

It's not the same thing. In TCL, teams get selected. As a matter of fact, 18 teams signed up for TCL and 16 got selected. Maybe they have to pay a fixed fee afterwards, but they certainly don't compete to get selected. I'm not seeking a guarantee, I just want to better the odds of teams staying. 

Also, you need to realise that out of all unofficial events, World Cup has by far the largest amount of activity wins and teams giving up. Something needs to be done about it.

On 11/14/2022 at 2:18 PM, caioxlive13 said:

And need to reminder, on TCL you pay for your spot. 

???
Just two teams paid for their spot, NC and ZERO. 6 teams got selected with TT rank, 4 teams got selected with council votes and 4 fight for their place.
Come on Caio, even somebody like u can search a thread and read a couple lines. U waste a lot of time in forums, maybe u can start to read a little

1 hour ago, NagaX said:

???
Just two teams paid for their spot, NC and ZERO. 6 teams got selected with TT rank, 4 teams got selected with council votes and 4 fight for their place.
Come on Caio, even somebody like u can search a thread and read a couple lines. U waste a lot of time in forums, maybe u can start to read a little

all teams paid 4m to enter. NC and Zero payed more due to auction, but all selected teams payed.

I think qualifiers should include more countries or at least add two teams to each qualifier round coming from a pre-qualifiers round whit all the teams that are not the best donators (similar to EuroBasket um structure).

Edited by ivexx2
5 hours ago, ivexx2 said:

I think qualifiers should include more countries or at least add two teams to each qualifier round coming from a pre-qualifiers round whit all the teams that are not the best donators (similar to EuroBasket um structure).

If that is something people would be interested in, it could be possible with some tweaks and help. I'll elaborate more in a few hours.

Edit:

Alright, since I want each team to represent a different region, in a qualifier where two teams represent the same region, only one can qualify. For that reason, if more teams get qualified through qualifiers, this mean we need to more qualifiers tournaments rather than qualified teams per tournament. I'm okay with two more qualifiers getting hosted as long as someone volonteers to host those. 

Edited by gbwead
3 hours ago, gbwead said:

If that is something people would be interested in, it could be possible with some tweaks and help. I'll elaborate more in a few hours.

Edit:

Alright, since I want each team to represent a different region, in a qualifier where two teams represent the same region, only one can qualify. For that reason, if more teams get qualified through qualifiers, this mean we need to more qualifiers tournaments rather than qualified teams per tournament. I'm okay with two more qualifiers getting hosted as long as someone volonteers to host those. 

That qualifiers winners you are menttioning here would go to the other stage of qualification or directly to the final stage?

18 minutes ago, ivexx2 said:

That qualifiers winners you are menttioning here would go to the other stage of qualification or directly to the final stage?

So right now, there are two teams getting qualified through qualifier. The first team gets qualified by winning the qualifier on Sunday, August 20th at 10 AM UTC. The second team gets qualified by winning the qualifier on Sunday, August 20th at 2 PM UTC. 

If two additional qualifiers get added, I guess they would be hosted on Saturday, August 19th at 10 AM UTC and 2 PM UTC.

So for 16 selected teams, we would end up with this:
Team 1: Qualified with donations

Team 2: Qualified with donations

Team 3: Qualified with donations

Team 4: Qualified with donations

Team 5: Qualified with donations

Team 6: Qualified with donations

Team 7: Qualified with donations

Team 8: Qualified with donations

Team 9: Qualified with donations

Team 10: Qualified with donations

Team 11: Qualified with donations

Team 12: Qualified with donations

Team 13: Qualified by winning the Saturday, August 19th at 10 AM UTC Qualifier.

Team 14: Qualified by winning the Saturday, August 19th at 2 PM UTC Qualifier.

Team 15: Qualified by winning the Sunday, August 20th at 10 AM UTC Qualifier.

Team 16: Qualified by winning the Sunday, August 20th at 2 PM UTC Qualifier.

I'm not saying this is happening, but just presenting the way I would do it.

On 10/17/2022 at 2:55 PM, gbwead said:

PokeMMO World Cup 6

Teams Selection | August 19th & 20th, 2023

On August 19th, 2023, all teams will yield their collected donations to WCSIX.

If more than 30 teams sign up, only 24 will be selected. The 22 teams that donated the most will be the selected. Out of the remaining teams, the 6 that donated the most will be split into two qualifiers tournaments (3 easterner teams will compete for one spot & 3 westerner teams will compete for another spot). The remaining teams wold go to pre-qualifiers and the 2 winners of pre-qualifiers would go to qualifiers .

If there are 24 to 29 teams that sign up, only 20 will be selected. The 18 teams that donated the most will be the selected. Out of the remaining teams, the 6 that donated the most will be split into two qualifiers tournaments (3 easterner teams will compete for one spot & 3 westerner teams will compete for another spot). The remaining teams wold go to pre-qualifiers and the 2 winners of pre-qualifiers would go to qualifiers .

If there are less than 24 teams that sign up, only 16 will be selected. The 14 teams that donated the most will be the selected. Out of the remaining teams, the 6 that donated the most will be split into two qualifiers tournaments (3 easterner teams will compete for one spot & 3 westerner teams will compete for another spot). The teams that do not get selected at all will have their donations returned. The remaining teams wold go to pre-qualifiers and the 2 winners of pre-qualifiers would go to qualifiers .

It is what I sugest (my chances are on Bolt) for giving a chance to more teams chance of qualification to the final stage.

Edited by ivexx2
  • 6 months later...
  • gbwead changed the title to [WC 6] PokeMMO World Cup 6th Edition - General Thread (July 23rd, 2023 to October 29th, 2023)

Asked since the past year and here i am to ask again: Let the country be splited into two without captains agree. Some countrys past year passed 30 players(Cuba and Venezuela for example) and could be easily be two teams, but if one of them had more $$$(A single player with too much money than YettoDie is enough), they could abuse from this and select who he wants to play because he could block the rest of team for entering. If countrys get able to be splited, then the renegateds could have a chance to play. 

2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Asked since the past year and here i am to ask again: Let the country be splited into two without captains agree. Some countrys past year passed 30 players(Cuba and Venezuela for example) and could be easily be two teams, but if one of them had more $$$(A single player with too much money than YettoDie is enough), they could abuse from this and select who he wants to play because he could block the rest of team for entering. If countrys get able to be splited, then the renegateds could have a chance to play. 

i explained everything regarding this many times

if countries want to split, they can, but they need organize themselves, i'm not doing it for them

now stop asking the same thing over and over

I don't think that it has been covered anywhere in the thread, but what happens if a team that hasn't been in World Cup tries signing up? They clearly can't get donations from 3 players who played for that team if it never existed before, does that mean that it's automatically excluded from being able to sign up, or is there a different procedure for them to sign up?

38 minutes ago, JeanMarc said:

I don't think that it has been covered anywhere in the thread, but what happens if a team that hasn't been in World Cup tries signing up? They clearly can't get donations from 3 players who played for that team if it never existed before, does that mean that it's automatically excluded from being able to sign up, or is there a different procedure for them to sign up?

Justice for team Vatican City 🇻🇦 

1 hour ago, JeanMarc said:

If they let, then we can have fake account of random players around the world, good players or not, playing on "Team Kosovo" for example. If not, then the tournament can't have more than 22 teams(Number of teams that compete on WC5, excluding africa and latam).

This tour has some flaws, i offered a solution for one of them that 100% will generate conflict on biggest countrys but is very clear that our opinion represents nothing

5 hours ago, JeanMarc said:

If a country that has never participated in World Cup before wants to sign up this year, that's great news.  I will make  another procedure for that situation.