Discussions about upcoming events

As the title says, this thread will serve as a place for discussions about upcoming events. The premise is that players who will be willing to host will talk there and describe what they want to achieve. 

Remember about the organization linked there and have a nice discussion.

Few reminders:

- all forum rules and in-game rules apply there too. Don't be bad to each other.

- everyone is allowed to host any event, but for the events that are ongoing, it's common courtesy to ask previous hosts if they want to continue first, and then also let the community decide if they should. 

- staff is not going to choose hosts. We are going to aid the community or voice our opinions, but that's it.

- ideas for events need to be hidden in spoilers. If someone has more than one idea, ideally please edit your previous posts.

This list can be expanded if needed.

I am seeking donations for a LC tournament series, just good old regular tournaments weekly/whenever I'm free. I want to make them newly introduced HA themed, with prizes being : 1st place Perfect HA comp + maybe some cash. 2nd semi comp HA. 3rd-4th 200k discount on a LC breed. Might do some giveaways to new LC players too. The goal is to help people aquire new stuff while testing out new meta regularly. I can't really afford making a lot of them so I'm asking for donations, the goal would be 10M so I can comfortably host 6-7 of them. Reach me in Discord if u are kind and cool : Lala#5068

Edited by Poufilou
14 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

I am seeking donations for a LC tournament series, just good old regular tournaments weekly/whenever I'm free. I want to make them newly introduced HA themed, with prizes being : 1st place Perfect HA comp + maybe some cash. 2nd semi comp HA. 3rd-4th 200k discount on a LC breed. Might do some giveaways to new LC players too. The goal is to help people aquire new stuff while testing out new meta regularly. I can't really afford making a lot of them so I'm asking for donations, the goal would be 10M so I can comfortably host 6-7 of them. Reach me in Discord if u are kind and cool : Lala#5068

Plz host 3 of them as a qualifiers for Grand Slam?

• 2 weeks later...

Yahallo its almost winter so that means its time for psl. Without a psl host or general thread ig this is the right section to post. 

So i have recently started playing tours on showdown and saw some cool ideas we could implement to psl.

My suggestions:

1 schedulingsheet : a scheduling sheet where teams are mandatory to post their matches x amount of time prio the match. I know we have a scheduling channel but its hard to keep track when games. If someone do not follow the rules a punishment could be yellow card for both players. This is something really simple and makes it better for viewers.

2 midseason/auction/trades more hype for the midseason auction let players draft from undrafted list. Do not involve credits with any player that is already drafted to avoid wintrading.

3 retains : add retains based on team colors on smogon retains are based on names what is not a bad idea having new teamnames every year is better. You could auction the colours between managers like last year and give priority to players the either managed or played for that colour previous edition.( we could use colours from previous season or implement it in 2 seasons)

4 pay recorders good : more hype imo nobrainer especially with a schedule sheet you can easily get over 80% recorded.

if you read all this your truly amazing person sry for my bad english.

Edit: if you put laugh emote or crab without any feedback i consider as trolling. I Love  to get feedback because im sure there are people that disagree with me

Edited by Quinn010

What do you guys think about creating a Youtube Channel to centralize all matches recorded ? We could collectively take care of it (like 4-5 people in charge of editing and posting videos) and it would be a good place to find any match from any event when we need to. Create a mail adress for the extra recorders to send files to or something aswell.

1 hour ago, Poufilou said:

What do you guys think about creating a Youtube Channel to centralize all matches recorded ? We could collectively take care of it (like 4-5 people in charge of editing and posting videos) and it would be a good place to find any match from any event when we need to. Create a mail adress for the extra recorders to send files to or something aswell.

Sounds good.

5 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

Yahallo its almost winter so that means its time for psl. Without a psl host or general thread ig this is the right section to post. 

So i have recently started playing tours on showdown and saw some cool ideas we could implement to psl.

My suggestions:

1 schedulingsheet : a scheduling sheet where teams are mandatory to post their matches x amount of time prio the match. I know we have a scheduling channel but its hard to keep track when games. If someone do not follow the rules a punishment could be yellow card for both players. This is something really simple and makes it better for viewers.

2 midseason/auction/trades more hype for the midseason auction let players draft from undrafted list. Do not involve credits with any player that is already drafted to avoid wintrading.

3 retains : add retains based on team colors on smogon retains are based on names what is not a bad idea having new teamnames every year is better. You could auction the colours between managers like last year and give priority to players the either managed or played for that colour previous edition.( we could use colours from previous season or implement it in 2 seasons)

4 pay recorders good : more hype imo nobrainer especially with a schedule sheet you can easily get over 80% recorded.

Edit: if you put laugh emote or crab without any feedback i consider as trolling. I Love  to get feedback because im sure there are people that disagree with me

Not only records, pay the one that will collect all usage data from LC too. Jokes Aside, yes, all suggestions look good. Also, we can discuss the PSL rules too. Instead of do a round robin with 8 teams, why not a 12 teams tour, with 2 groups or 6? The teams will face themselves once or twice. The thiers could be:
If once:
OU/UU/NU/DB/LC/Showdown - NDex OU/2x Manager Choice
If Twice;
OU/UU/NU/DB/LC/Manager Choice(Home team Only)
On Play-offs, the first 3 of each group will advance with leader skipping round 1 play-offs and going to semifinals.

More teams = More players will compete = Less or none well estabilized player will be out of tour.

Edited by caioxlive13
45 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Sounds good.

Not only records, pay the one that will collect all usage data from LC too. Jokes Aside, yes, all suggestions look good. Also, we can discuss the PSL rules too. Instead of do a round robin with 8 teams, why not a 12 teams tour, with 2 groups or 6? The teams will face themselves once or twice. The thiers could be:
If once:
OU/UU/NU/DB/LC/Showdown - NDex OU/2x Manager Choice
If Twice;
OU/UU/NU/DB/LC/Manager Choice(Home team Only)
On Play-offs, the first 3 of each group will advance with leader skipping round 1 play-offs and going to semifinals.

More teams = More players will compete = Less or none well estabilized player will be out of tour.

The whole idea from psl is that estabilized players fight agaisnt eachother. 

Also, i want to do a Suggestion. PSL 15 is upcoming but we don't have idea of which player will host him. Maybe the host aren't decided yet. Also, we don't know the format, and have the problem of finding threads in the middle of a lot of threads, specially the ones from the specific weeks. The suggestion is simple: All Long-Term events that happen(PSL/PCL, TCL, World Cup, Grand Slam, etc...) will have two threads: first will be a General Thread to discuss event itself, and have contact for previous hosts and have links for previous editions(If you want t pick a old rule and put it back on new edition). The thread intent is Suggest rules, do some feedback and even offering to host next edition. The Second thread pinned for current season only and after season ends, the thread will be unpinned.

3 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

The whole idea from psl is that estabilized players fight agaisnt eachother. 

sometimes a good player don't get drafted.

Edited by caioxlive13

Bring back Co-Managers. I really liked the implementation then it immediately got nuked...

My suggestions:

Bring back Co-Managers.. I really liked the implementation then it got nuked...

i saw some people being confused or not  knowing what a retain means so i explain it better with a example too. 
Retains is that you get to keep a player from the previous season for last draft's price+X. this encourage to buy newer players and train/help them to become better during the tournamennt. A good example is last year Manager Luke with the color pink drafted shelluny for 3k. Shelluny made significant improvement during the tournament with lukes help and his team. To reward the dedication the team and the manager put towards devoping. Luke have the option the retain him again as a player(priority +2). If he doesn't want to manage again but 1 of his players do they get the option to pick the color pink and get the retain pool from Qwilfishes(pink)(priority+1). If none of them did or are not intrested in retaining that team the other managers get the option to retain it. incase 2 players with the same priority want to retain the same color the person with the highest bid gets it (the highest bid go towards the donation pool)

14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Bring back Co-Managers. I really liked the implementation then it immediately got nuked...

Bring back Co-Managers.. I really liked the implementation then it got nuked...

yea i forgot to mention that i think co managers should be a thing. and another suggestion is helpers : often players that don't have enough time to play or don't want to play the tournament join a team discord to help. It would be great if there is a option to select that you have helpers in your team and that they also get a amount of the money for placements.

1 hour ago, Quinn010 said:

yea i forgot to mention that i think co managers should be a thing. and another suggestion is helpers : often players that don't have enough time to play or don't want to play the tournament join a team discord to help. It would be great if there is a option to select that you have helpers in your team and that they also get a amount of the money for placements.

And can have PSL Helpers too. The PSL Council, Hosts and Captains will vote onto candidates, Captains can choose 2, Host choose 1, council more 2. They will assist players during season, especially answering doubts related to PSL, also they can participate on decisions of tournament, but giving their opinion only(And maybe voting onto tiering decisions like for example, a impactant HA being released on middle of tour, if will be allowed or not, etc...)
Those that you suggest will be Team Helpers.

@Quinn010i've seen your reaction. Your suggestion is valid, and the teams can have helpers. The suggestion that i did is to have helpers on general server of PSL to assist when a Host/Co-Host/Council aren't avaliable to answer him(And most likely they will be too busy to answer).

Edited by caioxlive13

Before, we didn't have unofficial formats (Excluding LC) with rules defined in one place. Hosting tournaments in these formats was not easy, because each tournament adopted its own rules, having a standard was difficult. Now, we have a thread with the rules for these formats already set, and any player can go on him and suggest quick-bans/unbans to the tiers. With more organization on them, I think it's possible to introduce them to the big tournaments, and that means, of course, the PSL. The introduction would be gradual, in the PSL discord there would be a vote that would take place in the Approval model (Any member could vote in any of the unofficial formats, and in as many as they wanted. The format with the highest approval would be chosen). The chosen format would be introduced as the 6th tier of the tournament (Alongside OU/UU/NU/DB/LC) but without the possibility of being chosen in the Manager Choice. The proposal is to promote competitiveness on other formats(as much as we can. Pokémon can never become "competitive"(Not saying the competition on the tournaments, meaning the skill involved on game, that actually is 70% skill/30% luck, meaning that skill is important, but luck can define tournaments. And please don't quote this part like Razimove did on other thread. If a part has a strikethrough, you should ignore it at all.) with all RNG that can define matches, but we try to reach more close to a competitive game as we can.) and escape traditionalism a little.
The formats that could be Ellegible is Untiered/1v1(Bo3)/VGC(Bo3)/Monotype/NFE (Unfortunately, not Loser's game.)

Edited by caioxlive13

Proposal: New Calendar of Unofficial Events.

The one that we have is completely outdated and the idea is to build a new one. This new schedule will allow to set rules, at least for long tournaments, and guarantee control over the tournaments, avoiding the inconvenient situation where we had 3 tournaments at the same time, two more starting and no one knew what was happening(before world cup).

The rules could be:

- Will be 3 categorys for the events: Tournaments, Individual Championships and Teams Championships.
- Each category will have their calendar, and players can't schedule more than two tours for the same window, if they belong to same category(Example: Host TCL/World Cup/PSL at same window isn't valid because the three tours belong to same category(Teams Championships). However, host VGC Seasonal, Grand Slam, PSL and TCL at same time will be valid because PSL and TCL belongs to a category and VGC Seasonal and Grand Slam to another.)
- If happen of three or more tours of same category being held, on cases of Tournaments will be "first come, first served". For Individual Championships and Teams Championships, the priority will be:
  1. Windom Reserve(If a tournament gets reserved for a window, he will have priority to being hosted. Example: PSL reserved January - March. even if PSL announce after, they get priority on this window.)
  2. First-come, First-served.
The hosts of the tours that have lower on the priority list, will receive a advice via forum mail by one of the section moderators, and will have 14 days after the mail to change date and avoid overlap. If they don't do that, then the thread will be locked. A tolerance of 7 days will be given, and after that the thread will be archived.
Exception: Country-domestic leagues if some country will do, will not count onto the 2 tournaments rule and can overlap without problem, but will have a window that they can't overlap(PokéMMO Premier League).

Example:

Country-Tournament window
November - July - Any tour

Teams Championships
Febuary - April : PokéMMO Super/Challenge League
May - July: Little Cup Premier League and Teams Champions League 
August - October: World Cup/Olympic Games(one each year) and a possible PokéMMO Premier League(Only possible if national tours gets created.)
November - January: Free Window(We can do even a Continental Cup with teams from all continents except Africa and Oceania that didn't have national teams enough)

Individual Championships

January
Febuary
March
April
May - PokéMMO Gym Challenge - First Stage
June - PokéMMO Gym Challenge - Finals
July - VGC Seasonal - Group Stage
August - VGC Seasonal - Finals
September
October
November - PokéMMO Grand Slam - First Three Qualyfing weeks
December - PokéMMO Grand Slam - Last Two Qualyfing weeks and Finals

Tournaments
Long List, i will not put examples.

-----//-----//-----//-----//-----//-----

Also, this open doors to other suggestion: 
- National , Continental and a World Federation.
This will be groups to one specific country/continent, to organizate championships for him.
For example: A "USPF - United States PokéMMO Federation" to create championships for USA, or a "BPL - Brazilian Premier League" to create championships to Brasil, or a "AFP - Africa Federation of PokéMMO", to tournaments on all Africa. This federations will be for start, from Countrys that have teams on World Cup. A Federation to allocate the Remaining countrys of continent(Except Oceania,, that their countrys will take part of Asia due to lack of players on Oceania(On World Cup 5, only 1 player registered from a Oceania Country.)) can be created.
Their main role is manage the Championship of their countrys/continents, and host some tours to form a Community from that country/continents(Also, getting easier to some countrys found players and try to compete on next world cups.)
The World Cup, Both for nations and for teams, can be maked by the World Federation, determining a fixed format decided by the members of they, and not changing format every year, confusing the players and making unnecesary drama on the forums.

-----//-----//-----//-----//-----//-----

Also, a request for a rule when posting a event on Unofficial Events section: Staff will not block players from hosting events here, except if the event is Team-restricted(Only players from a specific team can enter), on this case or the event will be moved to the club of said team, or the thread will be closed if the team don't have a forum club.

Edited by caioxlive13
  • 3 months later...

Okay, we now have seen a overflow of Events focused on PvE and small tours, filling the forums. PSL's main thread now wasn't on last page because it got pinned but other series don't have same luck. I have the idea of split the section on 3 subforums:

• PvE events
    • This include all type of PvE events
  • Tournaments
    • Tournaments that don't last more than one day. If needed can let a thread with non-official and official formats rules/banlist 
  • Championships/Series(Some championships can later become Series when other player decides to host tournament again.)
    • Even PvE tournaments can fall here as long as he are a championship(example: Contest Cup)
    • Can leave one pinned thread for each series, so rules can be discussed before tours starts and avoid drama?

Also, staff sayed that they would not interfere on hosting events but they should enforce two basic rules:

1. Force all hosts to at least leave a english translation on their posts(I mean this is common sense?)
  2. If the event would be hosted here, the tour need to be open for everyone(need to give examples?) or at least to a country(Example: A UK OU Tournament would be allowed). Team-closed tours would not be allowed to be hosted(example: Aw's birthday tournament - Aw can use their name on Tournament and even sponsorship tournament or the leaders host by themselves, but they can't host the tour if only Aw members would compete, if they wish to do a tour closed to our teammates, they should do on their club. Is only a example, thankfully the tournament was open for everyone.)
Edited by caioxlive13
  • 3 months later...

World Cup 6 is coming and the format seems definitive. I have a idea for Nations tournament, could be the following World Cup format or a separated tournament running. 

How it would work?

16 teams would compete each season. For the first season, the 12 best teams of last world cup would be directly qualified, while 13-20 would play qualification playoffs. For subsequent seasons, the top 12 of previous season, plus relegation group winner would be directly qualified. Remaining spots would be disputed into a qualification tournament running at same time.

For first season, top 4 advances to final tournaments. Next seasons only top 2 advances while 3rd would go to a play-off to win their spot on tour.

The 16 will be divided on 4 groups of 4. They play on 6 weeks, home and away. At the start of season, teams will bid onto a auction to decide where they want to play and all of their home games has to be played there. Teams can decline to be on bid but they would host the games automatically on Vermilion if they choose from doing it.

The tier lineup would be: 

OU/UU/NU/Dubs/LC/Manager Choice

Home team gets the Manager Choice.

At the end of group stage the group winner go to finals while the last place go to the Relegation Group

Relegation Group: 

The four teams will play a round robin group. 3 matches only. The tiers are OU / OU / UU / NU / Dubs / LC. First place saves himself, Second place of Group and Third place from Qualification tournament faces themselves to decide who will play on next season. Third and Fourth gets relegated to Qualification tournament.

Finals:

The four on finals will face onto a knockout format. Semifinals are Home and Away(With the best on group standings playing second game as the "Home") and finals are a single game on neutral venue. Tiers are:

Games:

OU/UU/NU/Dubs/LC/Manager Choice, Home team gets the Manager Choice.

Tie-Break:

OU + Both sides gets a Manager Choice.

Finals:

OU/UU/NU/Dubs/LC/2x Manager Choice

• 3 months later...
On 2/13/2023 at 8:29 PM, caioxlive13 said:

Okay, we now have seen a overflow of Events focused on PvE and small tours, filling the forums. PSL's main thread now wasn't on last page because it got pinned but other series don't have same luck. I have the idea of split the section on 3 subforums:

• PvE events
    • This include all type of PvE events
  • Tournaments
    • Tournaments that don't last more than one day. If needed can let a thread with non-official and official formats rules/banlist 
  • Championships/Series(Some championships can later become Series when other player decides to host tournament again.)
    • Even PvE tournaments can fall here as long as he are a championship(example: Contest Cup)
    • Can leave one pinned thread for each series, so rules can be discussed before tours starts and avoid drama?

Also, staff sayed that they would not interfere on hosting events but they should enforce two basic rules:

1. Force all hosts to at least leave a english translation on their posts(I mean this is common sense?)
  2. If the event would be hosted here, the tour need to be open for everyone(need to give examples?) or at least to a country(Example: A UK OU Tournament would be allowed). Team-closed tours would not be allowed to be hosted(example: Aw's birthday tournament - Aw can use their name on Tournament and even sponsorship tournament or the leaders host by themselves, but they can't host the tour if only Aw members would compete, or you has to be invited by Aw, if they wish to do a tour closed to our teammates, they should do on their club. Is only a example, thankfully the tournament was open for everyone.)

Bringing this back because... It's impossible, people have zero common sense. 

AIR is hosting a catcing event on this section. The event is restricted to their team only(You must be invited to play if you're not from AIR.) Why they're even posting this f*** event here, and not in their club if almost no one here will participate? If their team has no club i would understand. But they have one. Why?

"This is for Disclosing purposes."
- Multimedia left the chat.

Edited by caioxlive13