PvP Mystery Boxes - Rewards

gbwead

Question

Right now, the best reward PvP Mystery Boxes can offer are cosmetics. As good as those may be, these cosmetics are imo not an appropriate rewards for PvP. Good rewards for PvP are something people would constantly want to farm. There is little incentive to keep farming for cosmetics you already acquired.

I'm suggesting to remove the cosmetics from the PvP Mystery Boxes (or at least lower the drop chance) and replace them with high value consumables. I believe these consumables would be a great addition to the PvP Mystery Boxes and would really encourage players to ladder more:

1. Untradable Prismatic Pearls or Prismatic Pears Shards
    Allowing PvP players to access Prismatic Pearls through PvP would really support the competitive scene even if the drop chance is very low.

2. Untradable IV Booster for Gift Pokemons
    Both new players and old players would really appreciate if there was a way to improve the IVs of the Semi-Comps (the ones with 2x31 & 4x25) obtained through laddering.

Those are just examples of what I believe would be more appropriate rewards for PvP Mytery Boxes and I'm sure there could be other options. My point is that cosmetics by design are more appropriate as PVE rewards and consumables are more appropriate as PvP rewards. The reward structure of the PvP Mystery Boxes should therefore be changed.

Edited by gbwead

5 answers to this question

I'd obviously like better rewards for PvP they can feel a bit lackluster. What would also be fantastic is if you could actually see what's inside the mystery boxes, I haven't been able to find a good resource for it.

Gift pokemon are a pain and should just be breedable but pass down their gift ribbon.

Edited by NotMyWaifu