[Strings] Faster Strings (Updated 10.11.2022)

On 11/3/2022 at 4:48 PM, papita14 said:

podrían hacer algún video sobre como instalarlo?? lo leí completo pero ni aun así entendí 😞

On 11/3/2022 at 8:25 PM, shamorunner said:

Ayo o7,

I was wondering if it is possible to reduce the lines of text, through strings, that pops up in combat when a pokemon levels up and also when it learns a move

I am shunting shedinja, and reducing such level up and learning move text would be of benefit. If this might be possible, please let me know.

Working on a guide, I'll try to post it today in 2 hours max.

I don't know how much control iOS gives over the device these days, haven't used one in years.

You need write access to the strings folder wherever that may be, and put them in there.

These strings currently don't work with mobile though. I don't play mobile personally.

• ShaoYuWeiZZ changed the title to [Strings] Faster Strings (Updated 10.11.2022)

I was wondering why it was necessary to have multiple files instead of just one but after looking at the code and nurver9's documentation I think I get the gist of it.

a_unova_placeholder.xml   is to prevent the game from loading a bunch of old strings (from the ROM instead of the client).
strings_en_shao.xml   is for regular strings. It includes the Kanto and Hoenn region.
strings_en_shao_CPU_0.xml   is for archived strings for the Sinnoh region.
strings_en_shao_IRB_0.xml   is for archived strings type 0 for the Unova region.
strings_en_shao_IRB_1.xml   is for archived strings type 1 for the Unova region.

Is that correct? I'm not trying to understand everything in detail. Just a general idea what the purpose of each file is.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Awakedlazy said:

Can you put a download link for mobile players? We cannot create .xml files, but we can import files on loggin screen, if you can put a download link i will apreciate it ❤ (sorry for the english, im spanish)

What I did was adding the github link with /zipball/master 

if you guys don't understand, try this link: https://github.com/Slyyxp/Shao-Strings/zipball/master

i may be stupid but i tried installing this and it doesn't seem to work at all. I've dumped all the XML files into the strings folder as instructed and chosen english as my language of choice but all trainers and nurse joy still have all their dialogue

Edit: Nevermind it just started randomly working

Edited by MCGRaven
On 2/18/2023 at 6:34 AM, MCGRaven said:

i may be stupid but i tried installing this and it doesn't seem to work at all. I've dumped all the XML files into the strings folder as instructed and chosen english as my language of choice but all trainers and nurse joy still have all their dialogue

Edit: Nevermind it just started randomly working

you should NOT include the unova placeholder one as it will counteract the other strings

On 26/10/2022 at 12:32, ShaoYuWeiZZ said:

Actualizado para acelerar el evento de Halloween.

Pensé en compartir mi modificación de cadenas, ya que cubre casi todo para los personajes del juego final.

https://github.com/Slyyxp/Shao-Strings

Estas cuerdas son compatibles con Gilians Encounter Counter.

No publicaré cada pequeña actualización de este hilo mientras las hago, puedes consultar Github para eso.

Pero publicaré lotes de actualizaciones de vez en cuando cuando hayan cambiado lo suficiente.

• Se eliminó el diálogo Nurse Joy / Healing
  • Se eliminó el diálogo de los reaprendices
  • Se eliminó el diálogo de HM.
  • Se eliminó el diálogo de Ocarina.
  • Se eliminó el diálogo de ferry de enlace de región
  • Cría más rápida
  • Bayas más rápidas
  • Pesca más rápida
  • Se eliminó el diálogo del líder del gimnasio.
  • Todos los diálogos de entrenadores de Sinnoh eliminados
  • Todos los diálogos de entrenadores de Unova eliminados
  • Se eliminó el diálogo de la mayoría de los entrenadores de Hoenn
  • Se eliminó la mayoría de los diálogos de entrenadores de Kanto
  • + Más Misc. Cambios

Todas las modificaciones de cadenas existentes que encontré no estaban tan bien documentadas, por lo que no eran fáciles de ingresar y editar, así que hice las mías, que deberían ser más fáciles de seguir.

Gracias a@nurver9 por la publicación informativa sobre el tema que me ayudó a terminar las modificaciones que quería.

Tal vez alguien más pueda beneficiarse de este repositorio, así que los publicaré aquí.

Super, funciona muy bien para cliente en Español 🙂

On 2/17/2023 at 12:50 AM, Gengarcello said:

Btw, DO NOT IMPORT THE STRING OF a_unova_placeholder.xml as it will break the string entirely.

On 2/19/2023 at 10:55 PM, Gengarcello said:

you should NOT include the unova placeholder one as it will counteract the other strings

This is incorrect- this file was made specifically to solve a "bug" that when custom strings are present on the user's system, 48,000+ of lines of text from the ROM are being displayed instead of the game text the PokeMMO developers made. If you are using modified strings without a variant of this placeholder, you a missing extensive amounts of MMO specific dialog related to re-balances, item changes, etc. Please note this is only an issue for English language users. It does not occur when other languages are set as the client language.

Further documentation with steps to reproduce this issue and evidence of this claim can be viewed here: https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/150771-docs-localization-files-understanding-syntax-and-load-order/

Moving on, in extremely rare instances the secondary strings container does not populate as per the client's console logs. An example of this bug can be seen in @CaptSkiFt's post. There is currently no known reason why this occurs. This produces the Mandela effect that the placeholder file is actually breaking systems, when it is not.

On 11/15/2022 at 4:49 AM, CaptSkiFt said:

hi i can't seem to install it properly it just messed up my UI here's some pictures:

UI.thumb.jpg.c5840f953dfa83616a1733bb215c954c.jpg

However, there is a very easy resolution to this strange issue. Simply set another language you do not use as your primary by modifying the is_primary conditional flag. Change English to 0 and another language to 1 instead. When the secondary string container does not populate, users do not have to use a placeholder file as long as they use this aforementioned workaround.

You could also change the primary language instead of using a placeholder file to begin with, but the point of the file is to streamline the loading process so files are just plug and play, so the user does not have to perform these edits. Unfortunately when the secondary string container fails to populate, this is impossible.

I have not tested if the incorrect dialog bug occurs on mobile, but it can easily be checked if incense and smoke balls have outdated item descriptions. TL;DR this is caused by the client falling back to the original ROM data instead of the MMO game text.

Upload the XMLs onto mobile via cable or file transfer service if needed.

Edited by nurver9