Design and Draw #1 - Celestial - The Winners!

Thank you everyone to everyone who took part!

A thank you to our judges: @Edwardinho @Cosmooth @xJoseee @DamianTe

I've tallied up the results and these are our winners:

1st Place: Tear

Spoiler

Celesteon.jpg

"Tears art is always bursting with detail and this one is no different. It has the celestial vibe and the name to match. It's a little crazy with a lot going on but I actually like that.

"The way he matched the topic with his drawing skills was just excellent, also the way he plays with the perspectives and the degrades with the same scale is awesome. The one I liked the most, definitely ♥"

2nd Place: Yusedric

Spoiler

Constally.jpg

Constallies.jpg

"I really like how much this looks like Sugimori's art.  I also think the concept is really cool and there's  some precedent in modern pokemon games for pokemon to collect together into new forms (Wishiwashi,  Zygarde), this is a cool way to do it. I can imagine forms based on each zodiac sign with different types (eg Scorpio == Celestial/Poison, Aquarius == Celestial/Water, etc.)"

"Honestly the concept is brilliant, it makes me want to hunt hordes of 3 and 5 for hours just to see the different constellations appear.
Personally it would stay in a pc box, it was above all the inventiveness that decided me but I still find it very well done."

3rd Place: pnielt

Spoiler

2159598_PereniweePokeMMO.jpg

"To be honest, I periodically went through the entries as the contest was going on and every time I saw this one, it was always my favourite. The contrast between the darkness and the celestial colours is what makes it for me but also it's like the darkness is consuming the celestial being and I feel his facial expression shows it. Amazing!"

"I like the idea of its hood reminiscent of a pram with the star hanging above its head like a rattle, and the drawing itself is really solid, whether it's the pokemon or the background."

@Tear @pnielt @Yusedric

I'm not gonna say much about the event itself but good job everyone! All in all I think everyone who put an entry made a good effort in their art! Art is subjective, so definitely think that everyone's art is #1 in any person's eyes! :3 So hope everyone who participated keeps doing art because I'm somewhat more inspired to do more art! Whether pokemon or about other topics! Also this was my first time making a fakemon so was quite a fun experience to do it even if I didn't win! Have a great Halloween everyone!

23 minutes ago, MachoBear said:

I'm not gonna say much about the event itself but good job everyone! All in all I think everyone who put an entry made a good effort in their art! Art is subjective, so definitely think that everyone's art is #1 in any person's eyes! :3 So hope everyone who participated keeps doing art because I'm somewhat more inspired to do more art! Whether pokemon or about other topics! Also this was my first time making a fakemon so was quite a fun experience to do it even if I didn't win! Have a great Halloween everyone!

When you say art is subjective you are absolutely right

Each judge picked their top 3 and what I can say is the first 3 judges did not have a single pick the same.. That's how undecided we all were and it's actually great to see that. We had a lot of submissions and there were so many good ones. Even if people didn't win, I'm sure we all loved to take a look at them all and I hope everyone enjoyed designing and drawing.

We will definitely have more of these so keep a look out if you enjoy art 🙂