Pumpking Strategies

Just now, Goku said:

I actually have a strategy in mind that I haven't tested against pumpking but prepared it. Let's just say some HA's will make things very... very interesting. It's like a hyper offensive strategy and doesn't rely on X-items and If it works I'll share it cuz that's what cool peeps do!

❤️ would help many souls

17 hours ago, Goku said:

I actually have a strategy in mind that I haven't tested against pumpking but prepared it. Let's just say some HA's will make things very... very interesting. It's like a hyper offensive strategy and doesn't rely on X-items and If it works I'll share it cuz that's what cool peeps do!

Yooo looking forward to it! 

This is how I beat it the first time but yeah requires x specials:

Chandelure| ghost gem | safeguard & shadowball
Typhlosion| specs| eruption (Middle)
Krookadile | band | crunch
& any filler mons

(X SPECIALS NEEDED)

(Sub)
Blastoise | water spout

BOSS PHASE STEPS:
1st phase:
shadowball eruption crunch spam

2nd phase:
safeguard first then shadowball erupt crunch spam

3rd phase:
Xspecial typhlosion twice and erupt, if typh gets one shot, sub in blastoise and x special him twice and water spout. If ur krook and chand dies use ur filler mons to load xpecials on ur carry. Rinse and repeat.

*DOES REQUIRE SOME BIT OF LUCK (Pray ur typh and blastoise dont get oneshot at start of 3rd phase) 

1 hour ago, Vitaminwhite said:

Yooo looking forward to it! 

Ez Mode done. Win rate 100% with no item use. So it costs nothing to beat him. 

Line Up:

Krook (Adamant, Choice Band), Hydreigon(Modest, specs) Chandelure(Modest, Spell Tag) ,Gengar(Modest Specs),Blastoise(Modest Specs)

1st Pumpking

Spam Assurance, Dark Pulse, Shadowball until he dies. He is a amateur.

2nd Pumpking:

Use Assurance and then Dark Pulse and then Safeguard with chandelure.

Then Repeat spamming Dark Pulse, Assurance and shadowball until he dies and if your mons switch it is okay then you just spam any attacking move. If Gengar = Shadowball and if blastoise = waterspout. Great stuff 2nd pump is dead. He was a Novice.

3rd Pumpking:

Use krook Assurance on Princess and Dark Pulse on Prince. Shadowball pumpking with chandelure. 2nd turn. Spam Assurance, Dark Pulse and Shadowball. 

3rd Turn do the same (He could be possibly dead by now depending on rng)

4th turn if you get to this point you would have Lost 2 mons and Blastoise would be In the middle and Gengar and another mon left. Spam waterspout and shadowball on pumpking. Don't worry about the Princes. That's all and he is dead Bam. 

It works 100%. I will follow with a setup for hard mode when I get the chance to play again. Gl!

Edited by Goku
47 minutes ago, Goku said:

Line Up:

Krook (Adamant, Choice Band), Hydreigon(Modest, specs) Chandelure(Modest, Spell Tag) ,Gengar(Modest Specs),Blastoise(Modest Specs)

1st Pumpking

2nd Pumpking:

Then Repeat spamming Dark Pulse, Assurance and shadowball until he dies and if your mons switch it is okay then you just spam any attacking move. If Gengar = Shadowball and if blastoise = waterspout. Great stuff 2nd pump is dead. He was a Novice.

3rd Pumpking:

Use krook Assurance on Princess and Dark Pulse on Prince. Shadowball pumpking with chandelure. 2nd turn. Spam Assurance, Dark Pulse and Shadowball. 

4th turn if you get to this point you would have Lost 2 mons and Blastoise would be In the middle and Gengar and another mon left. Spam waterspout and shadowball on pumpking. Don't worry about the Princes. That's all and he is dead Bam. 

It works 100%. I will follow with a setup for hard mode when I get the chance to play again. Gl!

great strategy! can't wait to see what u come up with for hard mode.

56 minutes ago, Goku said:

Line Up:

1st Pumpking

2nd Pumpking:

3rd Pumpking:

Thanks you are awesome! Looking forward to hard mode. Wondering if any HAs can be beneficial. 

A good way of learning some strats is to just spectate players and see what they use / do. that's how i learned last time.

in any case, i was wondering if anyone tried using Reactive gas Weezing, does it prevent Pumpking's abilities?

52 minutes ago, Lamps said:

A good way of learning some strats is to just spectate players and see what they use / do. that's how i learned last time.

in any case, i was wondering if anyone tried using Reactive gas Weezing, does it prevent Pumpking's abilities?

No idea. On that note, wonder if the move skill swap can work as well?

12 hours ago, Goku said:

Line Up:

1st Pumpking

2nd Pumpking:

3rd Pumpking:

Cant wait to see the hard strat!

Hey guys the reason I haven't posted a strategy as of yet is because I am still working on it. I am thus so far able to pass the first 2 bosses but the 3rd one is quite tricky because you need to have your mons at high HP before fighting him. Now the setup would be Aero, Krook and hydreigon with krook and hydreigon being the mains. Reason for krook is that he is able to demolish both the Princeswith earthquake. Which buffs his attack twice thanks to Moxie. You don't want a choice band on him. You want toxic on hydreigon and maybe black glasses. X attack on krook and X special on hydreigon where as aero plays a supportive roll. Aero for the reason of not getting hit by Earthquake and you have to use quite a bit of items in order to do this. My other strategy is using Krook, Blastoise and Chandelure with toxic and fire spin. Krook has to kill the mage hat prince every time it gets a chance where as Specs blastoise will kill the other prince with watersprout and unfortunately not deal enough damage to mage hat one even with rain. You want to have your mons at full hp on the 3rd so that they don't get hko first round on the final boss. I am still trying to perfect 1 of these methods. Will update when I am finished but yeh that's about it. The other mon is Togekiss and Tyranitar and then a 6th mon like alpha ditto to get the particle which will be an insane investment to make for future. The pumpking bags aren't the goal here. It is the particle. 

Edit: I think it is absolutely absurd that people won't share their methods which is the reason why I am so adamant to get this right and share it.

Edited by Goku
10 minutes ago, Goku said:

Hey guys the reason I haven't posted a strategy as of yet is because I am still working on it. I am thus so far able to pass the first 2 bosses but the 3rd one is quite tricky because you need to have your mons at high HP before fighting him. Now the setup would be Aero, Krook and hydreigon with krook and hydreigon being the mains. Reason for krook is that he is able to demolish both the Princeswith earthquake. Which buffs his attack twice thanks to Moxie. You don't want a choice band on him. You want toxic on hydreigon and maybe black glasses. X attack on krook and X special on hydreigon where as aero plays a supportive roll. Aero for the reason of not getting hit by Earthquake and you have to use quite a bit of items in order to do this. My other strategy is using Krook, Blastoise and Chandelure with toxic and fire spin. Krook has to kill the mage hat prince every time it gets a chance where as Specs blastoise will kill the other prince with watersprout and unfortunately not deal enough damage to mage hat one even with rain. You want to have your mons at full hp on the 3rd so that they don't get hko first round on the final boss. I am still trying to perfect 1 of these methods. Will update when I am finished but yeh that's about it. The other mon is Togekiss and Tyranitar and then a 6th mon like alpha ditto to get the particle which will be an insane investment to make for future. The pumpking bags aren't the goal here. It is the particle. 

Edit: I think it is absolutely absurd that people won't share their methods which is the reason why I am so adamant to get this right and share it.

Yeah I don't get why people are gatekeep strats as eventually they will get leaked. Ive been using crook hydra and aero with some success but the item use is pretty abundant. IMO I wouldn't even grind it unless u want the particle.

1 hour ago, Appable said:

Yeah I don't get why people are gatekeep strats as eventually they will get leaked. Ive been using crook hydra and aero with some success but the item use is pretty abundant. IMO I wouldn't even grind it unless u want the particle.

Speaking of leaked strategies, @Biqueta gave me a strat to use for YouTube:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, xLari said:

Im using the same estrategy as you but i get another attack from the pumpkin on the 3rd wave and my aero its dying all the time. Do you know why?

As @Rachementioned in a comment Before, always try to keep aero and krook at +87% , and keep honch between 50% and 87% for a successful start im the wave 3, as iv seen so far when honch is +87% then he uses phantom strike on a random pokemon, so RNG plays a high role here, if its below 50% he will use harvest to ohko honch and raise his def or def and atk and clears the stats you raised for krook and then it's just over.