Team Feature Updates.

Appable

Question

The fact that we can create a community within pokemmo is amazing, yet  I feel like the in-game "team" feature deserves a little more love. Creating, managing, or even just being a part of a team definitely paves a way for longevity within players which is extremely valuable to the community and should be cherished.

That being said, here are some suggestions below that might make team's have (im sure some of em has been mentioned)

Simpler Suggestions
- Custom roles for team (custom titles in team chat only *colorable if possible)
- Recruitment announcements to global (with timer)
- Team broadcast command! 
- Team chat text mini-games (ie. math questions, pokemon riddles, just something for people to interact with in chat other than small talk)

- More permissions (ie. promote, mute)

- Ability to change team name
- ALLY chat (chat with other teams)
- More characters to type in the team message
-Bigger team limit

Longshots... but maybe?

Private tournament bracketing
- Ability to change team chat color!
- Team HQ Room/stadium/shared pc

There are probably so many other things that I can't think of as well but yeah, I just think that the team feature deserves more love because I believe it will produce many more end-game players

Feel free to add more team feature suggestions! WE NEED MORE

Edited by Appable

13 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Appable said:

Custom roles for team (custom titles in team chat only *colorable if possible)

use discord

Recruitment announcements to global (with timer)

more spam? Like global isn't already terrible

Team broadcast command! 

@everyone on discord

- Team chat text mini-games (ie. math questions, pokemon riddles, just something for people to interact with in chat other than small talk)

can't you write those questions, riddles and what not on chat already?

Ability to change team name

iirc you already can, unsure if it's RP item or not but likely a possibility. 

1 hour ago, razimove said:

use discord

@everyone on discord

So your solution is to just use discord? I think you missed his point of trying to make teams more engaging IN-GAME.

5 hours ago, razimove said:

use discord

@everyone on discord

bruh... did u even read, also many of my members either don't have discord/choose not to use it. Regardless, the point is that the in-game team feature needs work no matter what we use outside of the game.

Also for any of ur suggestions that isn't answered with "use discord":

-recruiting is already limited to 5min per message which is more spam then my suggestion. We could limit to 10 min-30-min or even a hour for a brief "golbal" message.

-Team chat "mini games" would be automated which would allow  for 24/7 activity within chat, even when team staff might be off. (would be super helpful to global teams where timezones are issues)

-is there a team name change option? if there is I can't find it

Edited by Appable
On 11/4/2022 at 3:10 PM, Appable said:

- Ability to change team chat color!

You can change your team's chat color through mods. There isnt a mod thats doing that specifically but its possible. You can even change your friend's whisper color too if you want. Just get a modder to fix you a mod for that.

Recruitment announcements to global (with timer)

Razimove is right about this one.

Making an automated recruitment message pretty much removes the effort in spaming team ads. If its just one team ad per 30mins then that would be okay but imagine if most the teams were to use it, global would simply become unusable because of team ads. Removing the effort to spam the team ad guarantees more teams will use the feature.

My suggetion would be for them to add team banners like they had in runescape. You would place the banner somewhere ingame and when  People see it they could click the banner and it would have info about the team and how to join.

Team broadcast command! 

People just re-edit the team message info to have a similar attention grabbing effect. But an @  feature would be great for referring to individuals. This would be useful for people in countries that cant access discord.

On 11/5/2022 at 12:18 AM, Appable said:

is there a team name change option? if there is I can't find i

There was a team name changer ticket on the gift shop but i heard it was removed cause of bugs idk if they are working on it rn.

On 11/22/2022 at 10:35 AM, BrokenJoker said:

Razimove is right about this one.

Making an automated recruitment message pretty much removes the effort in spaming team ads. If its just one team ad per 30mins then that would be okay but imagine if most the teams were to use it, global would simply become unusable because of team ads. Removing the effort to spam the team ad guarantees more teams will use the feature.

My suggetion would be for them to add team banners like they had in runescape. You would place the banner somewhere ingame and when  People see it they could click the banner and it would have info about the team and how to join.

Another option would be to make a channel separate from global just for team recruitment. But honestly I find this pointless, it's not hard to Ctrl+V a message every 5 or so minutes.

This is actually good, I kinda thought of having a Team PC wherein teammates can withdraw/deposit pvp mons while the Team Lead has the access whoever can withdraw or Deposit. Since Team battles exist here and sharing mons also exist why not add a Team PC feature wherein anyone (who has access) can Deposit/Withdraw and has a log feature to know who deposits and withdrawn something. 

4 hours ago, iJaja said:

This is actually good, I kinda thought of having a Team PC wherein teammates can withdraw/deposit pvp mons while the Team Lead has the access whoever can withdraw or Deposit. Since Team battles exist here and sharing mons also exist why not add a Team PC feature wherein anyone (who has access) can Deposit/Withdraw and has a log feature to know who deposits and withdrawn something. 

Not a bad idea, seen as a lot of teams already do that regardless, but they have to rely on good faith from the team leader, and Google Docs. I would love to see more "small" things added in-game instead of us having to rely on tools outside the game. In a way, it would also reward the devs, because people would spend more time in-game, meaning more engagement