[PSL15] Donations - DPP vs VGC vs Gen9

Showdown Tier  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which showdown tier?

• DPP
    • VGC
    • The poll does not decide what gets picked. Donations do. Go and donate. :^)

fPaHkZS.png

We're back!

All information regarding PSL15 is not currently set in stone and will be released in due time. For now, we'll be collecting donations to the fund the event, so please dip into your pockets and give a donation!

NOTE: A showdown tier will be selected this season. The choice is out of DPP or VGC. The tier with the most donations will be used. The poll is just for curiosity.

---------

VGC: 23,500,000

DPP: 90,208,333

Gen 9 OU: 51,248,000

---------

In-game Name: "PSLDonations"

Tag VGC, GEN9 or DPP in your donation if you wish!

---------

Donations: $172,206,333

PSL14(aka gbwead): $3,625,000 (-DPP)

Tear: 150k (+Gen 9 OU)

Terresa: 2.5m (+Gen 9 OU)

CaioXLive: 95k (+Gen 9 OU)

LeZenor: 34m (+ 4m DPP, + 30m Gen 9 OU)

Huargensy: 200k (+Gen 9 OU)

PoseidonWrath 300k (+DPP)

ArisTheFang 103k (+Gen 9 OU)

BaliAds 7m (+VGC)

Gunthug 50m (+VGC 16, +DPP 16 & +Gen 9 OU 18)

TohnR 300k (+VGC)

Cali 30m (+DPP)

Onraider 600k (+VGC 200k, +DPP 200k, +Gen 9 200k)

MonkeyDMathew 10m (+DPP & Ban Luke + Wrath)

YettoDie $33,333,333 (+DPP)

FEED THE CAMERA MEN!!

7 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Idea: If VGC wins, we don't do him on Showdown. Instead, we can do it on MMO itself, like it was made on PCL.

not a chance, sorry

8 minutes ago, Umbramol said:

Only mmo tiers vote where?

Right now I was thinking something like

1. OU
  2. OU
  3. UU
  4. NU
  5. LC
  6. Dubs
  7. DPP/VGC
  8. OU/UU/NU Rotating each week. (Just an idea at the moment but would put value on flexible players in your team)

We can discuss this later on

Just now, KaynineXL said:

not a chance, sorry

sadly.

1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

1. OU
  2. OU
  3. UU
  4. NU
  5. LC
  6. Dubs
  7. DPP/VGC
  8. OU/UU/NU Rotating each week. (Just an idea at the moment but would put value on flexible players in your team)

We can do:

OU / OU / UU / NU / DB / LC / Showdown Tier / Non-official format choosed by same way than Showdown Tier(Only formats listed on Unofficial Formats Discussion thread can be selected and will follow the rules set on that thread.) / 2x Manager Choice(Excluded Showdown Tier and Non-official format.)

Why any showdown tiers? It's a managers worst nightmare - trying to find someone good when no one publicly plays showdown tiers is awful, often the competition is really low except from 1-2 people. And managers get their friends who only play showdown to enter and wreck some scrubs cos they are like a top 50 in-the-tier-player smogon tour winner. Why are we bringing back showdown? I thought this was dead and buried and I was thankful for it..

Edited by Luke
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Why any showdown tiers? It's a managers worst nightmare - trying to find someone good when no one publicly plays showdown tiers is awful, often the competition is really low except from 1-2 people. And managers get their friends who only play showdown to enter and wreck some scrubs cos they are like top 50 in the tier even on smogon lmao. Why are we bringing back showdown? I thought this was dead and buried and I was thankful for it..

If they want to escape traditionalism, i suggested use the Unofficial formats on MMO. Anyone hear me?

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Please stop quoting my posts

Eh... No.

But you're right on one point.  Found players that play Showdown and MMO at high level, especially on Old gens like DPP, is more hard than found players that play MMO Singles and Dubs at high level.

I think that are better to choose one format unofficial from MMO instead of just select a showdown tier.

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Why any showdown tiers? It's a managers worst nightmare - trying to find someone good when no one publicly plays showdown tiers is awful, often the competition is really low except from 1-2 people. And managers get their friends who only play showdown to enter and wreck some scrubs cos they are like a top 50 in-the-tier-player smogon tour winner. Why are we bringing back showdown? I thought this was dead and buried and I was thankful for it..

We will include 1 showdown tier. If the vast majority would rather not have it then I will step down and someone else can host that agrees with you.

6 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

We will include 1 showdown tier. If the vast majority would rather not have it then I will step down and someone else can host that agrees with you.

Showdown is fine to have. Problem is when the format is... DPP or RBY, for example. Not saying that the formats are bad, but they're very old and will be hard even to teambuild and test teams if you don't have friends that play on those formats.

(Also it's 100% certain that a team that have a Showdown player like TheLpZ will get a auto 1-0)

Just now, caioxlive13 said:

Showdown is fine to have. Problem is when the format is... DPP or RBY, for example. Not saying that the formats are bad, but they're very old and will be hard even to teambuild and test teams if you don't have friends that play on those formats.

(Also it's 100% certain that a team that have a Showdown player like TheLpZ will get a auto 1-0)

The meta we have in PokeMMO is far more similar to DPP than it is any newer gen on showdown

31 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

not a chance, sorry

1. OU
  2. OU
  3. UU
  4. NU
  5. LC
  6. Dubs
  7. DPP/VGC

why not a single OU, DPP/VGC instead of the second OU and 2 MC?

10 minutes ago, Latiosrol said:

something like this are also valid:

37 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

We can do:

OU / OU / UU / NU / DB / LC / Showdown Tier / Non-official format choosed by same way than Showdown Tier(Only formats listed on Unofficial Formats Discussion thread can be selected and will follow the rules set on that thread.) , beetween those : Untiered, NFE, 1v1(Best of 3), VGC(Best of 3) or Monotype /  2x Manager Choice(Excluded Showdown Tier and Non-official format.)

Edited by caioxlive13
26 minutes ago, Latiosrol said:

MC will be scrapped. I like the idea somewhat but I can't be dealing with managers forgetting to give MC early in the week and then asking for their lineups on the Sunday. I'll just be rid of it.

I want to try keep it as just 1 showdown tier for this season

5 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

MC will be scrapped. I like the idea somewhat but I can't be dealing with managers forgetting to give MC early in the week and then asking for their lineups on the Sunday. I'll just be rid of it.

I want to try keep it as just 1 showdown tier for this season

Just leave very clear a deadline to send their MC and if they  complain after the deadline ends and loss by default on MC, they get a Warning. Multiple Warnings can result on point penalty.

2 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Just leave very clear a deadline to send their MC and if they  complain after the deadline ends and loss by default on MC, they get a Warning. Multiple Warnings can result on point penalty.

Getting rid of it seems easier, I will do that.

Also it takes up at a minimum 2 tier spots. How boring.