[PSL15] Donations - DPP vs VGC vs Gen9

Showdown Tier  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which showdown tier?

• DPP
    • VGC
    • The poll does not decide what gets picked. Donations do. Go and donate. :^)

On 11/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, Luke said:

Where's the donation pot for no showdown tiers?????????????

still no option, why not let people decide what's chosen? Instead of forcing your choice onto others. There is a significant amount of people who want no SD tiers. 

Edited by Luke
22 minutes ago, Luke said:

still no option, why not let people decide what's chosen? Instead of forcing your choice onto others. There is a significant amount of people who want no SD tiers. 

I did not give the option from the start. It would be unfair of me to allow the bidding for no showdown when players have already used their own money to support their chosen SD tier.

17 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I did not give the option from the start. It would be unfair of me to allow the bidding for no showdown when players have already used their own money to support their chosen SD tier.

Ok, why didn’t you do it from the start? And why not give the option now to correct this mistake. Allow others to swap donations above 1m if they so wish to. 

28 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok, why didn’t you do it from the start? And why not give the option now to correct this mistake. Allow others to swap donations above 1m if they so wish to. 

Why not stop complaining and go with what I set out like everyone else. You don't speak for everyone.

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

Why not stop complaining and go with what I set out like everyone else. You don't speak for everyone.

Cos it’s not a due and fair process. There’s clear bias from the outset of the event , which I ignored last time. And it bit me in the ass. I don’t care what everyone else is doing, they don’t have the experience with hosts that I do. 

Edited by Luke
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Cos it’s not a due and fair process. There’s clear bias from the outset of the event , which I ignored last time. And it bit me in the ass. I don’t care what everyone else is doing, they don’t have the experience with hosts that I do. 

I already said a showdown tier being included is something I wanted to do and something to freshen up this season. I want to change things up to make sure it doesn't go stale. These were my conditions to host, if that isn't wanted then I will allow someone else to host. I don't exactly see a huge amount against the idea.

Thank you @Onraider for an additional 600k which he has evenly split between each showdown tier!

4da2630f4ca3f909489afa067e79cb0b.png

It is midnight and DPP is the showdown tier that will claim the spot if there are no outbids in the next 8 hours.

Any further bids will reset the 8 hour outbidding time.

Edit:

70e0b3b135d37767f685add471e95ea8.png

@MathewMathas donated another 10m towards DPP! Thank you!

2 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I already said a showdown tier being included is something I wanted to do and something to freshen up this season. I want to change things up to make sure it doesn't go stale. These were my conditions to host, if that isn't wanted then I will allow someone else to host. I don't exactly see a huge amount against the idea.

Impossible to make Luke happy, even though your a riven player you are doing a great job mashallah 

By the way, since I cannot check in real time, the 8 hour will be refreshed when I confirm it. That said I can check every couple of hours during the day but of course when I’m sleeping I cannot.

Someone has put another bid down and I think it has probably outbid DPP, just waiting on confirmation. I’m at work right now and PokMMO is not on my phone, sorting this soon! Bear with me!

Edit: Oh and please please message me on here or discord if you put a bid in and let me know the chosen tier so I can update faster.

Edit 2:

AAD98842-F69E-411D-AF07-9128A75B11E2.thumb.jpeg.aea423fba34f3f81267fc907eb063854.jpeg

I got confirmation @LeZenor has p it 30m on Gen 9 OU!!!! Thank you xox

8 hours starts from the edit date. 10:25am gmt+0

Edited by KaynineXL
9 hours ago, Dontea said:

Impossible to make Luke happy, even though your a riven player you are doing a great job mashallah 

How to make me happy: don’t be biased. Isn’t hard, imagine polling something which we haven’t had for the last 2 PSL’s and not including an option to reject it. 

31 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

The two worst psl’s to date - you’re making the opposite argument you think you are 

That's not even close to being true. You can't make an assumption while not being there to see what happens. Also the perception of a person outside will always be different to the ones inside. I personally enjoyed gb hosting both times he did and there wasn't a showdown tier in there. Pachima PSL was a bit more controversial but that wasn't due to showdown ( don't even remember if there was showdown) for me it was the manager choices and the hugely flawed midseason which is something that k9 plans to install again from what I've heard.

1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

The two worst psl’s to date - you’re making the opposite argument you think you are 

Yeah, the old PSL’s of JJ coaching people as the host, someone playing on 2 accounts & people mass drafting mid season to opposing teams in a loophole sure were the epitome of high level mmo events. My bad.

On 11/6/2022 at 6:13 PM, Luke said:

And managers get their friends who only play showdown to enter and wreck some scrubs cos they are like a top 50 in-the-tier-player smogon tour winner.

there is no general thread so i post it here ig. My suggestion is that you need to link your smogon account and registration date to singup for showdown. this avoid ''managers get their friends who only play showdown to enter and wreck some scrubs''

the format would loook like this: 

IGN: Quuinn

Time Zone (UTC format): +1

Tiers: DPP/Dubs

Fluff:  XD
Smogon Acount (only needed if you singup for a showdown tier) https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/quinnxd.553008/
registration date (only needed if you singup for a showdown tier) 603fcfb14e623468e6aa0856ec7d4de0.png

Edited by Quinn010