Gen 9 Recovery nerfs

CaptnBaklava

On 11/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, suigin said:

5 PP on Recover, not sure about the rest. It'd kill the viability of a good chunk of the metagame.

I think all instant recovery except softboiled is axed to 5 (8 max) pp

RIP soft-boiled wasn't safe.

Pls don't kill recovery.

Edited by HumongousNoodle
On 11/10/2022 at 12:37 PM, suigin said:

5 PP on Recover, not sure about the rest. It'd kill the viability of a good chunk of the metagame.
Scald was also removed from the game, I believe this should also be implemented in PokeMMO

Thanks GodArceus! Now i will play Gen 9, Stall is definitively killed.

Edited by caioxlive13
  • 2 months later...

• Base PP for Recover, Softboiled, Rest, Milk Drink, Slack Off, Roost, and Heal Order have been reduced to 5

Are you serious? Why are changes that nobody asked for being made, and all the while requests which receive large amounts of public support are completely ignored?

A mechanic update of this magnitude should not have flown under the radar and be added under “balancing” (what does it even remotely balance???) as if it is some innocuous bug fix that doesn’t change anything significant

Where were the discussion threads? 

I assume this decision was made to reduce the amount of battles reaching the 1 hour threshold, regardless I believe this to be a somewhat hasty decision. The current Pokemon, items and movepools available are not the same as generation 9, I suspect a large contributor to the recovery nerfs was the introduction of heavy duty boots in generation 8 and perhaps the inclusion of three new top tier unaware Pokemon that would be difficult to break without nerfing their recovery. If a change like this was made, why do we not have the boosted power of knock off as well? Megas and Z-crystals no longer exist (in gen 8/9) to facilitate that they provide counter play to the move. Some sort of explanation is required for the thought process behind this specific change as the metagame will be completely reshaped. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.