[Denied]Catch pokemon to get GC coins.

[quote name='Siege' timestamp='1362517391' post='219192']
You aren't keeping an accurate track of time because unless you get 7's every 10 minutes, that's not happening.
[/quote]
It actually only takes me around the same amount of time to get max as well. The longest it ever too me was 3 hours and that wasn't even continuous grinding the whole time. You all can hate on me if you want I just think the GC is fun for now and it's pretty new so no reason to go all "add this, add that" about it, especially not yet. Just my opinion though ^_^

[quote name='timmyboi' timestamp='1362517453' post='219193']
how about you get off ch 1 and go to a later ch where theres not crappy lag.
[/quote]

You realize you sound incredibly stupid right now. Lag has nothing to do with it. The Corner rolls are randomly generated every time. You can't actually stop the final spin even if you slowed the frame rate down. No less your point is getting rid of the lag and speeding it up. Your point is completely invalid.

There is literally 0 way for someone to max out from 1,000 to 9,999 coins in under 2 hours. Its actually, physically impossible unless your RNG is hacked and you're botting for consistent 777s every 10-15 minutes each.

No need to lie to try and conceal your ego/pride. Its already evident you're a poor troll at best.

[quote name='HeavyCurse' timestamp='1362529410' post='219449']
It actually only takes me around the same amount of time to get max as well. The longest it ever too me was 3 hours and that wasn't even continuous grinding the whole time. You all can hate on me if you want I just think the GC is fun for now and it's pretty new so no reason to go all "add this, add that" about it, especially not yet. Just my opinion though ^_^
[/quote]

Translation: I like to kiss ass and agree with everything instead of providing feedback to better something for everyone not just my own smug ass.

GC is not fun. Post that in Global Chat and see just how many people agree with you. Go on. I'll leave Global turned on for the next hour. Can't wait to see the community's reaction to your statement.

*Grabs popcorn*

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1362531478' post='219510']
Translation: I like to kiss ass and agree with everything instead of providing feedback to better something for everyone not just my own smug ass.

GC is not fun. Post that in Global Chat and see just how many people agree with you. Go on. I'll leave Global turned on for the next hour. Can't wait to see the community's reaction to your statement.

*Grabs popcorn*
[/quote]
Well that was quite rude sir :3 I'm not going to argue with you nor am I just simply agreeing all I said was I find the GC to be fun ^_^ If people have different opinions then so be it, it doesn't bother me. I could care less about all the people who like to jump on others cases just because it makes them feel good or can't take others opinions :) I'm just all about having fun and I put my opinion in only because there are far greater things to work on (since the game is in alpha) other then pleasing those who are easily bored. So don't get so angry about the fact I share a different opinion :D

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1362426969' post='218067']
That's a load of crap. Catching Pokemon is easy.[/quote]

But catching pokemon with a certain nature is [i]not.[/i] Especially if said pokemon has a low encounter rate. I say make it 1k-1.5k depending on the difficulty.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1362531399' post='219504']
You realize you sound incredibly stupid right now. Lag has nothing to do with it. The Corner rolls are randomly generated every time. You can't actually stop the final spin even if you slowed the frame rate down. No less your point is getting rid of the lag and speeding it up. Your point is completely invalid.
[/quote]

That is actually due to lag. The reason why you don't get the same pictures you were seeing when you pressed the key to stop the roll, is because the server isn't synced with your computer, due to lag. The only way to have them sync would be having 0ms ping at all times. Given this, it would be possible to actually press the key to stop at the right time, and theorically, get 777's all the time.

They aren't generated randomly, that would be silly, and probably somewhat harder to code, since they'd have to breakdown all the roulette's into all the possible combinations and code a chance for them to roll every time, which would be much more time consuming than just doing it like the games, not caring about lag, since it's really not an issue, and give the impression that it is random, when it really isn't.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1362531399' post='219504']

There is literally 0 way for someone to max out from 1,000 to 9,999 coins in under 2 hours. Its actually, physically impossible unless your RNG is hacked and you're botting for consistent 777s every 10-15 minutes each.

No need to lie to try and conceal your ego/pride. Its already evident you're a poor troll at best.
[/quote]

The first day I maxed out from under 1000 coins to 9999 in under 2 hours actually, you wouldn't believe how many 777's I saw.

I do however know on average it takes around 4-6 hours to go from less than 1000 to 9999, I have plenty of game corner grinding to know this.

I am also against any changes to the way game corner coins work apart from other types of gambling as it would devalue the tm's for those who chose that path of grinding.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1363295963' post='229146']
^The value of tms is already going to plummet faster than a brick dropped out a plane. Encountering pokemon holding tms is confirmed, I believe.
[/quote]

I doubt every tm will be gainable that way, and if they are you still don't know the rates for that, so it very well could be still worth it to gamecorner.

The gamecorner is a viable way to get items and pokemon. The current timesink is just too big for it to warrant much use unless you really need a move. You can do an alt run and get an eevee quicker than getting the coins for it. And porygon just simply isn't worth a full set of coins right now.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='SakuraHime' timestamp='1367903376' post='323973']
Just casually going to bump this...

Would like to hear some more opinions on this idea.

Personally, I support this idea, though details such as how many coins you get can are debatable.
[/quote] Pretty sure it's been stated multiple times that devs aren't looking for workarounds for the game corner. If you've got ideas for the [i]games[/i] in the game corner, take it here: [url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/20126-game-corner-game-suggestion-thread/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/20126-game-corner-game-suggestion-thread/[/url]

[quote name='MajikDan' timestamp='1367941113' post='324378']
Pretty sure it's been stated multiple times that devs aren't looking for workarounds for the game corner.
[/quote]

This is a problem. Because ideas like these are great.

[quote name='SgtAsh' timestamp='1367949999' post='324562']
This is a problem. Because ideas like these are great.
[/quote]

Agreed, just not for workarounds for the game corner.

Quests in general are fine, but we will not be implementing game corner workarounds.

[quote name='Darkshade' timestamp='1367960398' post='324818']
Agreed, just not for workarounds for the game corner.

Quests in general are fine, but we will not be implementing game corner workarounds.
[/quote] I actually think this would be a fantastic idea if we just replaced the payment of game corner coins with a payment in pokedollars.