3 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

Edited by ScizoMonkey
Message got duplicated due to internet connection loss

Exactly. The price will drop. My secret is exchange in trade chat something that is not selling in gtl + some Pokeyen to something in a higher price so you pass the problem to someone else without reduce the price, unfortunately that is. But this person might not be interested in that at all and will reduce the price

In halowen my Krokodile 4x31 +1x30 lvl 100 could be selled for 1.2-1.3m without particle. But after the event even with shiny menace particle nobody buys that for 650k. I struggled to sell the Krokodikes. 

Krookodile was high during Halloween because it's a Pokemon used to fight the boss.

It just went back to it's regular price, and next Halloween if the strat is still viable you'll be able to sell it for 1,2m again. Same goes for Chandelure, Hydreigon, Aerodactyl, Tyranitar etc 

Typhlosion is less affected by this phenomenon because it is a Pokemon beeing farmed and use in Gym reruns.

This year the best opportunity was to sell Weezing since it was the 1st year it was used against Halloween boss

Edited by ScizoMonkey
Message got duplicated due to internet connection loss
8 hours ago, Rychell said:

Well well well looks like we need some economist over here

Not at all!

That's extremely simple, people often get confused and think

money printing = inflation 

But that's not always the case, and in PokeMMO economy it's not happening.

OP is complaining about inflation and at the same time ranting that new vanities don't go up in price... 

Except a few very old vanities, all the prices have been either decreasing (PvP Pokemons,  everstones, amulet coin, fossils, evolution items + all items that you cannot exchange for battle points) or stable (items that can be trade for BP, all cosmetics that are not exclusive, everything available in pokemarts except Timer Balls)

The only thing that increase in price is exclusive old cosmetics.

OP complaining about new exclusive cosmetics not increasing in price fast enough is not a problem of inflation, it's indeed the opposite.

There are too many hoarders right now and the only thing that could change this would be a massive arrival of new players willing to buy all the cosmetics hoarded and driving the prices up.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:00 AM, ScizoMonkey said:

Not at all!

That's extremely simple, people often get confused and think

money printing = inflation 

But that's not always the case, and in PokeMMO economy it's not happening.

OP is complaining about inflation and at the same time ranting that new vanities don't go up in price... 

Except a few very old vanities, all the prices have been either decreasing (PvP Pokemons,  everstones, amulet coin, fossils, evolution items + all items that you cannot exchange for battle points) or stable (items that can be trade for BP, all cosmetics that are not exclusive, everything available in pokemarts except Timer Balls)

The only thing that increase in price is exclusive old cosmetics.

OP complaining about new exclusive cosmetics not increasing in price fast enough is not a problem of inflation, it's indeed the opposite.

There are too many hoarders right now and the only thing that could change this would be a massive arrival of new players willing to buy all the cosmetics hoarded and driving the prices up.

I dont know very much about economics, but I can tell for sure prices are dropping cause there are a bigger amount of players farming all fuckin day plus the introduction of several vanities every year, wich leads to stacks of cheap items that will not increase its value until they are considered "rare". When that occurs there will be another considerable stack of new vanities in queue leading to the same, my conclusion: we need to limit farmeable and limited vanities per account (1), this doesnt mean vanities will be untradeable, but more valuable in a future.

About inflation, I can say I know a lot about inflation (I live in latam), and that is not happening in pokemmo.

6 hours ago, Rychell said:

my conclusion: we need to limit farmeable and limited vanities per account (1)

F for developers and game donations.

Probably a lot of players buy these vanities with in-game money but there are others who don't, and these donations help to make a better game.

On 11/19/2022 at 9:56 PM, DaBrais said:

La cantidad de jugadores que gastan más de 100m de forma individual en vanity's es abrumadora, haciendo que la oferta supere por creces la demanda.

También hay que aceptar que en PokeMMO hay una inflación, y cada vez es más y más grande.

Como decis que la oferta supera con creces a la demanda y al mismo tiempo que hay una inflacion? Entendes que significa "inflacion"? No solo significa imprimir mas dinero, sino que el dinero pierda valor. Como es obvio, si los precios bajan no es porque el dinero pierda valor sino justamente todo lo contrario.

On 11/19/2022 at 9:56 PM, DaBrais said:

Con esto contrarestariamos la inflación, generaríamos un valor real a los vanity's y incentivamos a los jugadores a seguir jugando y/o volver a jugar, incluso cuando lo tiene todo.

Estoy seguro de que si implementamos esto, la poke moneda no perderá su valor de la forma en que lo está perdiendo actualmente.

Porque pensas que lo que incentiva a la gente a jugar es el precio de los vanity? Solo por las dudas te cuento, hay mucha gente a la que los items no les interesan, juegan competitivo o hacen shiny hunt. Y de nuevo volves a lo de la "pokemoneda perdiendo valor". Como es que pierde valor si todo esta bajando de precio? Sacando un par de items extremadamente antiguos todo esta bajando, incluso items que antes se consideraban que iban en plena subida resulta que dropearon su precio (Guadaña, escoba de bruja, etc...)

Shinys? Todos extremadamente baratos. Comps? Mucho mas faciles de conseguir. Items de pvp? Los dan hasta regalados. 

Como ya se te explico (En repetidas oportunidades) en tu post anterior, un sistema gacha no ayudaria en nada al juego o a su economia. Por favor, evita seguir intentando esto, volve al genshin impact que ahi te podes cansar de tirar gachas.

Spoiler

How do you say that supply far exceeds demand and at the same time that there is inflation? Do you understand what "inflation" means? Not only does it mean printing more money, but money loses value. As is obvious, if prices fall, it is not because money loses value but just the opposite.

Why do you think that what encourages people to play is the price of the vanities? Just in case u dont knew, there are many people who are not interested in the items, they play competitive or do shiny hunt. And again you go back to the "pokecoin losing value". How is it losing value if everything is falling in price? Taking out a couple of extremely old items, everything is going down, even items that were previously considered to be on the rise now have dropped their price (Scythe, witch's broom, etc...)

Shinys? All extremely cheap. comps? Much easier to get. pvp items? They even give them as gifts.

As we already explained to you (repeatedly) in your previous post, a gacha system would not help the game or its economy at all. Please, stop trying this, go back to genshin impact where you can get tired of throw gachas.

On 12/9/2022 at 11:02 AM, IIZapperII said:

F for developers and game donations.

Probably a lot of players buy these vanities with in-game money but there are others who don't, and these donations help to make a better

Do developers care about us? For their own's pockets safety, they must fix what lacks game's economy so players have to spend more real money for vanities or other kind of stuff, and keep the developing process bringing new things that benefits both sides (players and developers). Limiting vanities you may think not helping at all, but, consider this: One player spent 100 dollars in rp to invest in vanities, the vanities dont go up in price, other players can buy it cheaper and doesnt need to invest real money, the player who initially invested 100 dollars loose half his money, why he would put more real money on that?

Limiting vanities maybe will not rise values again but will stabilize at long term. Maybe developers need to bring new stuff aside vanities we can pay for.

Edited by Rychell
Changed a letter :D
1 hour ago, Rychell said:

Do developers care about us? For their own's pockets safety, they must fix what lacks game's economy so players have to spend more real money for vanities or other kind of stuff, and keep the developing process bringing new things that benefits both sides (players and developers). Limiting vanities you may think not helping at all, but, consider this: One player spent 100 dollars in rp to invest in vanities, the vanities dont go up in price, other players can buy it cheaper and doesnt need to invest real money, the player who initially invested 100 dollars loose half his money, why he would put more real money on that?

Limiting vanities maybe will not rise values again but will stabilize at long term. Maybe developers need to bring new stuff aside vanities we can pay for.

Not all vanities are supposed to go up in price, before you buy a lot of vanities just because they are "limited vanities" you should think a little before investing your money in it, if you want to get in-game money by donating your real money better buy RP to sell it.

It is an online game that requires servers and staff to work on them and on the game code and who knows how many other things.

If we currently have delays and event copypastes imagine what we would have by further decreasing the developers budget by limiting donations to the game to get limited vanities.

apart from the large number of new players there just haven't been good vanities like the Golden Dragon Mask and Winged Helmet and the ones from halloween 2019 and years ago.

3 hours ago, IIZapperII said:

Not all vanities are supposed to go up in price, before you buy a lot of vanities just because they are "limited vanities" you should think a little before investing your money in it, if you want to get in-game money by donating your real money better buy RP to sell it.

It is an online game that requires servers and staff to work on them and on the game code and who knows how many other things.

If we currently have delays and event copypastes imagine what we would have by further decreasing the developers budget by limiting donations to the game to get limited vanities.

apart from the large number of new players there just haven't been good vanities like the Golden Dragon Mask and Winged Helmet and the ones from halloween 2019 and years 

As a junior game developer, I can tell you're right, BUT, I still think pokemmo's economy needs some refresh in how it works

On 12/9/2022 at 5:09 AM, Rychell said:

I dont know very much about economics, but I can tell for sure prices are dropping cause there are a bigger amount of players farming all fuckin day plus the introduction of several vanities every year, wich leads to stacks of cheap items that will not increase its value until they are considered "rare". When that occurs there will be another considerable stack of new vanities in queue leading to the same, my conclusion: we need to limit farmeable and limited vanities per account (1), this doesnt mean vanities will be untradeable, but more valuable in a future.

About inflation, I can say I know a lot about inflation (I live in latam), and that is not happening in pokemmo.

The truth is quite simple, let's summarize it.

1) if there is an excess supply in the market (or very little demand), an economic recession called deflation (the opposite of inflation) occurs.
2) inflation is a little more difficult to explain since it has a varied number of causes, among them the excessive printing of money, the excessive increase in supply (or absurd increase in demand), among others.

what happens in pokemmo?, well... a bit of both.

-First, how does deflation occur? It happens at the time of the release of new items (with events), the market is filled with offers to buy these new items, causing a negative spiral in prices, but it is only temporary.

-How does inflation happen? This occurs with exclusive items, with the passing of time the limited existence of these becomes noticeable and the people who want these items only grow, causing offers to skyrocket (generating inflation).

I have already said it before but it seems to me that the current economy of the game is balanced, the only problem I notice is with the alphas and the competitive pokes, currently thanks to the poke alphas it is much easier to breed, go catch a poke 4- 5x31 saves you a few hundred thousand, which incentivizes people to sell their comps cheaper.

This is honestly a problem, since the breeding of competitors (and parents) are one of the "pillars" of the economy within the game, for those who want to generate "net" profits with the breeding method, it will be very difficult for them to generate money.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:04 PM, Rychell said:

It's really not the administration's problem if you lose money or not, they create these "exclusives" for 2 reasons:

1) get investment to keep the game
2) for those who want to customize their characters

If we see it as an investment and it turns out that these items do not rise in price then the fault is only ours, we must think very well before making our investments, especially if it is with real money.

In any case, in the long term all the limited items will rise in price, this will be caused by the same inflation previously explained, obviously this can happen in 1-2 or 10 years, so this type of investment is "very very" long term.

Edited by moises6541