What is Pokemmo differences to the OG games?

Hello,

I played some Pokemmo 5 years ago and looking into getting back into it. Looks like there was exp changes and some other differences. Other than the difficulty, what do I need to know about Pokemmo going into it? I tried looking around but I couldn't find clear stark differences Pokemmo has compared to the OG rom versions? Such as exp changes, alphas, shiny rates, etc?

Thanks!

Hi, What I would say the major difference between pokemmo and the OG games is how breeding works here where you lose both parents for an egg. For a better understanding:

Shiny rates here also work differently

Odds are 1/30k to encounter a shiny, unlike the 1/8192 of the OG games.

Regarding how Alpha pokemon work here's a comprehensive guide:

Other minor differences include:

Battles do not allow a free switch when an enemy faints.

Legendary Pokemon being temporary, https://pokemmo.fandom.com/wiki/Legendary_Pokémon

On the topic of Exp there's a level cap set to all regions and their gyms once a Pokemon is over the level cap it proceeds to faint itself in battle, here's a list of level caps for the region's: https://pastelink.net/levelcaps

Hope this helps.

In addition to the above comment, pokemmo uses movepools from gen 8 (meaning pokemon can learn moves they could not in the OG games) as well as updated base stats and abilities for a few pokemon.

Said moves and abilities act like their modern counterparts too. (Weather isn't eternal, rapid spin gives +1 speed, those kind of things)

Not all hidden abilities are available either, we're currently in the process of them being added to the game.

And a few nerfs are in place, Baton pass doesnt pass stat changes, Garchomp doesn't have access to Swords Dance and Hydreigon can't learn Draco Meteor.