best counter against serperior.

1 hour ago, Plbbrt said:

Other than weezing, what are some good counters against serperior?

It depends on how viable of options you want. Dragonite (now has multiscale) resists most of what Serp is going to be doing but will be crippled by glare and hp ice. Volcarona can switch in Serp but also doesn't like glare. Amoonguss 4x resists leaf storm and has stab poison moves to pick it off, without regenerator though I'm unsure how effective it'll be.

Crobat can work very well with Infiltrator going through Sub, while outspeeding Serp. It has to be aware of Glare, though.

Most common strategy is to use Chansey + Weavile- Chansey switches in to see what's the Serp set, then uses Teleport to allow Weavile a safe switch. Weavile then can use either icicle spear or pursuit depending on the predict.

I've also seen Unaware Clefable doing some decent work against it, but it's not that viable in OU.

22 hours ago, epicdavenport said:

It depends on how viable of options you want. Dragonite (now has multiscale) resists most of what Serp is going to be doing but will be crippled by glare and hp ice. Volcarona can switch in Serp but also doesn't like glare. Amoonguss 4x resists leaf storm and has stab poison moves to pick it off, without regenerator though I'm unsure how effective it'll be.

Legit curious as if you ever seen a hp ice serp. People run dragon pulse as coverage. Most reliable answers tend to be stuff like a volt turn user with a revenge killer, like weavile, crobat/golbat, weezing (although not as reliable), offensively wise you can now also run infiltrator chandelure with scarf, volcarona is too fragile to be reliable, dragonite is likely fine now if paired with lefties and some bulk, im actually unsure if +0 leaf storm can break multiscales on bulky dnites w/haze.

12 hours ago, razimove said:

Legit curious as if you ever seen a hp ice serp. People run dragon pulse as coverage. Most reliable answers tend to be stuff like a volt turn user with a revenge killer, like weavile, crobat/golbat, weezing (although not as reliable), offensively wise you can now also run infiltrator chandelure with scarf, volcarona is too fragile to be reliable, dragonite is likely fine now if paired with lefties and some bulk, im actually unsure if +0 leaf storm can break multiscales on bulky dnites w/haze.

Pure speculation I only play NU. Just calling out common easy to see answers. 

Edited by epicdavenport
14 hours ago, razimove said:

The most common set i've seen is:

- Leaf Storm

- HP Fire

- Leech Seed / Dragon Pulse

- Substitute / Glare / Giga Drain(Only if Assault Gear)

39 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

The most common set i've seen is:

- Leaf Storm

- HP Fire

- Leech Seed / Dragon Pulse

- Substitute / Glare / Giga Drain(Only if Assault Gear)

granted that only 737 in a sample of 23780 ever ran AV in singles, how can you claim it to be common. The 'norm' is Leaf storm + hp fire +2 moves of choice, generally sub/glare, glare/dragon pulse, those are the common sets. Some change it up a bit and run leech seed/taunt/knock off, but those are not common.

1 hour ago, razimove said:

granted that only 737 in a sample of 23780 ever ran AV in singles, how can you claim it to be common. The 'norm' is Leaf storm + hp fire +2 moves of choice, generally sub/glare, glare/dragon pulse, those are the common sets. Some change it up a bit and run leech seed/taunt/knock off, but those are not common.

91 wins of Assault Gear i can guarrant that belongs to me.

And usually the sets i found is HP Fire/Leaf Storm and the two moves. Or is DPulse/Glare, that run variety of items, or Subseed, that runs Leftovers 100%, and if aren't one of those, is Assault Gear with DPulse and Giga Drain.

Edited by caioxlive13
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2022 at 10:29 PM, Plbbrt said:

Ok thank you 😄.

If anyone else knows of any more good strategies, please do mention them.

Amoongus now, with Regenerator. It got mentioned before but now with regenerator is far more viable.

Edited by caioxlive13