Reduce Sweet Scented PP cost from 5 to 4.

Jyaku

Question

Since it's not possible to increase Sweet Scent's max PP to more than 32, it seems logical to me to reduce the PP cost from 5 to 4 to help players a bit more when spamming Sweet Scent, thus the number of times it can be used out of combat is increased from 6 to 8 times by spending the maximum total of 32 PP. That is all.

6 answers to this question

I guess it spends 1 PP for each pokemon in the horde of 5, although this doesn't apply the same for when you summon hordes of 1, 2 or 3 pokemon, if it does, it should be good for players who hunt shinys in hordes of less than 5 pokemon if only 1 PP is consumed for each pokemon in the horde as it happens in hordes of 5.

I see where you're coming from but I think it's more logical for it to be dependent on how much PP you can restore with a Leppa berry (10pp) and not the total number of sweet scent PP, making it two hordes per Leppa berry. Such a change would surely help the players more when spamming Sweet Scent but, although I'm no expert when it comes to economics, I think it would also make Leppa berries rise in price since they would hold more value, meaning that it wouldn't help much from a financial point of view. The only benefit from it would be that you would have to "refill" your sweet scent less often and possibly save more time on hunts that require you to make trips to a Pokécenter but I believe that sweet scent was intentionally made to consume PP in order to counteract that for balancing reasons.

3 hours ago, SacredDiver said:

I see where you're coming from but I think it's more logical for it to be dependent on how much PP you can restore with a Leppa berry (10pp) and not the total number of sweet scent PP, making it two hordes per Leppa berry. Such a change would surely help the players more when spamming Sweet Scent but, although I'm no expert when it comes to economics, I think it would also make Leppa berries rise in price since they would hold more value, meaning that it wouldn't help much from a financial point of view. The only benefit from it would be that you would have to "refill" your sweet scent less often and possibly save more time on hunts that require you to make trips to a Pokécenter but I believe that sweet scent was intentionally made to consume PP in order to counteract that for balancing reasons.

It wouldn't raise the price. On the contrary, this change would make people buy less leppas, decreasing demand, but supply would remain the same. So with more leppas on the market, those who sell leppa would start competing price, putting cheaper than other people to sell theirown.