Revive UU/NU/DUBZ

Jgaw

As many players know that those tiers become more and more not played since the release of Randoms

I spend like 1/4hour and even +1/2 hour to get a pvp game  and when i get the game, guess Who shows up, for sure it s the same player i played against Last game

The UU tier rotates on the same players, it s like UU tier is abandoned

It s fun to face élite players and non élite players, but facing the same players in à row in the same pvp tier is not fun at all, spécially when you want to play for ladder or when U aim to get the 10000 points reward hat. 

Introducing randoms is one of the Best thing happening in pvp (great sets, good for players to try ready built teams, discover more unused pokes...) 

But it has been super hyper effective against other tiers

And for this, to revive somehow the community for UU/NU/DuBz an action must be made i May be wrong  so u Can discuss this with convincing argument, i know that there are tiers played more than others, RD/OU > UU/NU/DuBz

It s a Nice idea to make the RD 2800 points reward only 1pvp mystery box cuz many players on that tier  However i guess (maybe) rising the rewards for unused tiers makes players sign for Those tiers that become more and more unplayed and Those Who play are the same players.. 

MaX REVIVE UU/NU/DUBZ

People have debated how to revive these tiers for 5 years. Some changes help but they never last. It's nice having the option to play a niche tier but the reality is most people don't have any interest in them, regardless what changes they've tried making. 

maybe you can't revive something that was never alive to begin with 💀

Edited by Paul
1 hour ago, Paul said:

People have debated how to revive these tiers for 5 years. Some changes help but they never last. It's nice having the option to play a niche tier but the reality is most people don't have any interest in them, regardless what changes they've tried making. 

maybe you can't revive something that was never alive to begin with 💀

Yeah, that is the problem with any tier that isn't Randoms and OU. They didn't have the playerbase to begin with, and the more time passed, the more people gravitated towards Randoms, due to it being free to play (no need to breed, yadda yadda). There's not really a way to "fix" this problem, sadly.

50 minutes ago, OGQT said:

There's not really a way to "fix" this problem, sadly.

Nope im sorry to not agree with u on this

There are always some measures and actions taken to revive unused tiers. 

Im not the expert at this field but théy Can push players to play Those tiers by simply rising the rewards earned via matchamking points  and this can't affect the economy as far as i know. 

Im done with the quote saying "No suitable match could be found" 

1 hour ago, Jgaw said:

Nope im sorry to not agree with u on this

There are always some measures and actions taken to revive unused tiers. 

Im not the expert at this field but théy Can push players to play Those tiers by simply rising the rewards earned via matchamking points  and this can't affect the economy as far as i know. 

Im done with the quote saying "No suitable match could be found" 

I put fix in " " for a reason. It'll never be fixed, not entirely. There might be ways to bring some players back, but those ways would remove players from other tiers, which is counterproductive because then there'd be a thread like this for another tier, and the wheel would just keep on spinning. It's unfortunate, but it's how things go.

1 hour ago, OGQT said:

I put fix in " " for a reason. It'll never be fixed, not entirely. There might be ways to bring some players back, but those ways would remove players from other tiers, which is counterproductive because then there'd be a thread like this for another tier, and the wheel would just keep on spinning. It's unfortunate, but it's how things go.

as i can see in "spectate" most of games are OU/RD, if they re willing to make an action to revive UU/NU/DUBZ they can do it and it won't affect OU/RD ..
but it will reduce the waiting time for a UU/NU/DUBZ game .. 

Most of the actual UU/NU playerbase that we had just quit because too many changes going on that makes any team you build unviable within a few weeks

That leads to people feeling they are wasting their time learning knowledge that will not be useful in the future

The rewards for all ladders are quite bad and it would be cool to get a bump to those, but it's not really the only issue

Give idea to improve matchmaking in general, Two ideas can save lower tiers.
First is to make rewards better. This can be applied on UU/NU/DB first, to test, and get later on OU. Never reach on randoms.
Second is make Community-Hosted automated tours more flexible. So, tours on those tiers with great rewards can be hosted.

I highly doubt people would switch from RD to UU/NU or even Dubs if RD rewards were to be nerfed. It is a casual format, so I don't think they are playing RD to farm BP or PvP stuff.

UU/NU are not as atractive to play as OU or Dubs, just let it be

22 minutes ago, Ryuto said:

I highly doubt people would switch from RD to UU/NU or even Dubs if RD rewards were to be nerfed. It is a casual format, so I don't think they are playing RD to farm BP or PvP stuff.

UU/NU are not as atractive to play as OU or Dubs, just let it be

No idea why you talk about dubs since it's not played aswell. 

And tell me what exactly makes OU more desirable besides the player count? 

3 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

No idea why you talk about dubs since it's not played aswell. 

And tell me what exactly makes OU more desirable besides the player count? 

No restrictions and the metagame barely changes (so no need to rebreed your team every month)

Just 2 reasons but that's enough for a casual player to want to try it

31 minutes ago, mxdzzz said:

I would suggest delete Randoms reward and add LC as well. Sorry for all RD players but it's the way to save lower tiers. If things keep going like now, sooner uu/nu get cancelled 🙂

It s not about canceling RD

RD is à very good tier

We have a wealthy player base, However, high % tend to play OU/RD

The issue is when u sign up for a UU/NU/DuBz you wait for à long time and you ll face almost same players. 

The Best suggestion would be enhancing lower tiers rewards, and maybe this will push some % of playerbase to Those tiers 

17 hours ago, epicdavenport said:

With the current tiering system UU and NU are constantly either a trash heap for low usage OU mons or a unstable mess with pokes constantly going to UU. Fixing them will take a lot more than a few ideas and won't be happening anytime soon.

ok, feel free to give ideas:

On 11/29/2022 at 6:38 PM, caioxlive13 said:

Give idea to improve matchmaking in general, Two ideas can save lower tiers.
First is to make rewards better. This can be applied on UU/NU/DB first, to test, and get later on OU. Never reach on randoms.
Second is make Community-Hosted automated tours more flexible. So, tours on those tiers with great rewards can be hosted.

We can make devs read this and implement something.

As a new player, i must say randoms were rly helpfull for me to try NU at the beginning. I farmed randoms to get the poké rewards (4x25 2x31 not optimal but it's a start) and play them in NU. Also selling stuffs helps alot. I don't think reducing or deleting rewards from randoms is the key. 
For me, the very much issue with low tiers is pokémons moving up in tier. It's not like OU, once a pokemon goes on the upper tier, you cant't play your team anymore. It can be demotivating for new players. So it takes much investment to keep on the page. I think the Huargensy post on sample teams [OU] is a rly good initiative and we should do something similar in lower tiers. It allows players to focus on getting the pokémons and playing more than teambuilding each month.
It's not much but it's something we can work on 

1 hour ago, smadagos said:

As a new player, i must say randoms were rly helpfull for me to try NU at the beginning. I farmed randoms to get the poké rewards (4x25 2x31 not optimal but it's a start) and play them in NU. Also selling stuffs helps alot. I don't think reducing or deleting rewards from randoms is the key. 
For me, the very much issue with low tiers is pokémons moving up in tier. It's not like OU, once a pokemon goes on the upper tier, you cant't play your team anymore. It can be demotivating for new players. So it takes much investment to keep on the page. I think the Huargensy post on sample teams [OU] is a rly good initiative and we should do something similar in lower tiers. It allows players to focus on getting the pokémons and playing more than teambuilding each month.
It's not much but it's something we can work on 

yea. On my thread i offered a solution to reduce the movements, so it reduce the costs to build and mantain a team. 

One of the big problems is precisely the financial one. If it was just building another team, great, about 2 days at the showdown or going to a sample teams thread and it was resolved. The problem is that that's not enough, you have to breed the whole team, farm for a moveset, test the team, and it's easy spend around 15 days. Okay, you lost half of the month, and with 4.36% moves for a poke on your team to go up, it's easy.
Get harder to happen movements is the key and solution i give on the thread. You discard low ladder usage, and do harder cutoffs for rise and drop. Unless some top rank decides to troll, most likely end the season and no movements happen. 

Edited by caioxlive13