[PSL XV] PokeMMO Super League Season 15 - General Thread

fPaHkZS.png

Host: @KaynineXL

Co-host: @Draekyn @gbwead

• NEW: DPP returns
  • NEW: Managers must purchase the ability to play for 13CR during auction
  • NEW: New Tier: Rotating OU/UU/NU (changes randomly each week)
  • NEW: Trading returns
  • NEW: Knockout tiebreakers return
  • ADJUSTED: 100CR instead of 200CR in auction.
  • ADJUSTED: Players are no longer restricted to only playing tiers they signed up with.
  • ADJUSTED: Coaching is prohibited. You will be removed from the event if caught.
  • ADJUSTED: The top 6 teams go to playoffs instead of 8.
  • ADJUSTED: Handpicked managers
  • REMOVED: Managers Choice
  • REMOVED: Extensions

Welcome to the General Thread of PSL Season 15. The PokeMMO Super League (PSL) is a team-based event where the best competitors face each other weekly to claim a grand prize. Players will be auction-selected by one of eight managers of the season and integrate a team that will aim to win the PSL crown. Once the teams are formed, the competition begins.

There are two phases to the event: the regular season and the playoffs. Based on their performance during the regular round-robin season, each team will head into the playoffs single elimination bracket with some advantages or disadvantages.

Each week, managers will submit a tier-based lineup of players that will face an opposing team’s lineup.

The PSL 15 tiers are:

Spoiler

OU1

OU2

UU

NU

Dubs

LC

Rotating OU/UU/NU (randomly switches weekly)

DPP(showdown).

Managers will be allowed to play but must pay 13 CR during the auction to unlock this.

Host

Spoiler

The host is not allowed to participate in the event as a player or a manager.

Assistants:

If required, I will be using the co-host and previous hosts advice and assistance on matters, including managers selection.

PokeMMO Super League (PSL)

Players

Spoiler

A player signs up for the PSL to compete in duels and represent his/her team on a weekly basis in order to win the grand prize at the end of the season. Players join the PSL by signing up in the “Player Registration” thread during the preseason and will be selected by a manager during the auction. The manager select which tiers his/her players will compete in, but a manager can't force his/her players to compete in a tier he/she didn't sign up for. It is recommended that managers and players work together throughout the season for the best possible outcome. PSL players are the backbone of this event and we need a diverse group to ensure success. Past players have joined from every corner of the planet and have found a ton of enjoyment by meeting new players and challenging themselves to play in a high stakes event. Not every player who registers will be able to play. When you join the PSL, you are agreeing to play for any manager that selects you in the draft and that you are committed to playing throughout the entirety of the season. You will also follow the rules provided and will respect the decisions made by the host.

List of previously banned players:
Foggi ( PSL 3 )
Archinix ( PSL 3 )
Phatiman ( PSL 3 )
Daniellegal ( PSL 3 )
Winterbrah ( PSL 4 )
Sfkump ( PSL 4 )
Frexaz ( PSL 4 )
Lightleaks ( PSL 4 )
Zeikooo ( PSL 5 )
Axoa ( PSL 5 )
Sweendog ( PSL 6)
EnrriqueX ( PSL 6 )
PikachuKetchum ( PSL 8  )
Fred ( PSL 8 )
DoubleJ ( PSL 9 )
Barrage ( PSL 9 )
Artemiseta ( PSL 9 )
Manjume ( PSL 9 )
Parke ( PSL 9 )
Predakiller ( PSL 10 )
Thormm ( PSL 13 )
JuniorPT ( PSL 6 & 13 )
DocPBC ( PSL 9 & 13 )

The purpose of this list is to give insight to managers on players previous bans. Bid at your own risk. You have been warned.

Auction

Spoiler

The PSL Preseason Auction will be held over Discord in a private channel. Only managers and the hosts will be allowed voice and typing capabilities. All others present will be muted and act only as spectators. The draft will occur after Player Sign-ups are completed. The time will be decided by all managers and the host in order for full participation. 

• The order of the auction will be announced at the beginning of the auction and will be determined by random chance
  • Managers will be provided with 100 credits each
  • During the auction, a manager can buy the ability to be a playing manager for 13 credits.
  • Once a manager is called, they will have 2 minutes to select a player from the draft list 
  • A manager may open the bid at 2 credits (minimum) or state a higher opening bid at the time of selection
  • Once a player is selected, other managers can bid on that player by manually typing their bid
  • A minimum outbid of 1 credit is mandatory, for instance a bid of 4 credits can be outbid by a 5 credits bid
  • Once a bid has been active without any other outbids for 20 seconds, that player will be awarded to the manager's team with the highest bid
  • This will be repeated in subsequent order as indicated at the beginning of the auction
  • Manager's must draft a minimum of 9 players and a maximum of 12 players (unlocking managers to play counts as 1)
  • A manager must keep a minimum number of credits to fill their roster. Credits will be tracked by the host, but please help out as this can get messy with a live auction
  • Once a manager has drafted 9 players, they may "skip" their turn in the draft and no longer participate. Once they have announced this, their draft will be over and they can no longer draft any further players

No player can be drafted and purposefully benched. This is not respectful nor conducive to the PSL. In the event a drafted player is unwilling or incapable of playing, the manager will be able to release that player and replace him/her with someone that wasn't drafted yet.

Managers

Spoiler

Managers are responsible for leading their teams on and off the field. They are responsible for drafting their teams, setting weekly rosters, ensuring their team follows the rules and communicating team information with the host. Players who wish to be considered for the eight manager positions will sign up in the “Manager Registration” thread when posted. The eight managers selected by the host will be chosen based on how well we believe they can lead and motivate their team. More information regarding the role and responsibilities of a manager will be posted in the manager sign up thread. If the manager is at one point or another too busy to manage, he/she can select one of his/her player or ask a friend to take over his duties temporarily.

Competition

Spoiler

You will respect your teammates and above all you will respect your manager. If you got drafted by a manager you don't like or want you will have to put these feelings aside. Signing up is like signing a contract, and these are conditions you have to accept. Disobeying your PSL duties will result in being banned from PSL. At any point of time the host can give you a warning or a restriction based on your behaviour. Don’t act like an uguu and you should be fine. Trying to purposely evade matches, or not trying to get your match done for example can result in penalties. It’s impossible for the host to plan for every situation, its possible something will arise that won’t fall within the bounds of the rules. It is important to remember the final decision lies with the host.

Coaching is not prohibited in PSL 15. If you are caught being coached, you will be removed from the event.

Ghosting is not allowed. Anyone that gets caught being ghosted or ghosting will be banned from the event. Signing up on an alt is also not allowed unless you make sure everyone knows it's an alt. Anyone that gets caught signing up on an alt without revealing his/her real identity will be banned from the event.

Do not expect the host or assistants to go on witch hunts unless there is overwhelming evidence of wrongdoing. A screenshot of players in a vocal discord channel is not overwhelming evidence for instance.

Regular Season

Spoiler

Seven week round robin, each team will play every other team once. A team will receive 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss.

• LC players are required to show teams used after battles to help with usage.
  • DPP matches require a saved replay of the battle. Muting the showdown chat is against PSL rules. Don't be boring.

Playoffs

Spoiler

The top 6 teams will qualify for playoffs. In round 1 of the single elimination bracket, the best teams of the regular season will face the worst teams of the regular season with team #1 & #2 getting a bye in round 1.

Round 1:

Team #1 bye

Team #2 bye

Team #3 vs Team #6

Team #4 vs Team #5

Lineup

Spoiler

Each week, managers must submit a lineup composed of players of their team that will represent them against another team in each of the official PokeMMO tiers. The manager may put himself in the lineup if he has unlocked the right to do so during auction.

NEW: Activity Wins

Spoiler

Main Priority: Who missed a set scheduled date/time

Priority 1: Who attempted to communicate

Priority 2. If tied above, who tried to schedule

Priority 3. If tied above, who gave the most availability windows (reasonable ones)

Priority 4. If tied above, whose availability windows were earlier in the week (no regard for Sunday schedulers)

Priority 5. If tied above, who’s the noob fishing for the W

The above is a rough idea of what will be used when needed to give an activity win or to completely void a battle. We will not be robotic here so please don't try to use this to your advantage, we will know and you won't like the result 🙂

Trading

Spoiler
  • Trading will be allowed during regular season
  • Teams no longer able to qualify can no longer trade
  • All trades will be assessed and can be rejected by the host & assistants 

Donations

Spoiler

The donations will be distributed as follows:

• 65% of the donations will go to the winning team of the playoffs
    • 45% of the grand prize will be divided evenly among the members (players and manager) of the winning team.
    • Another 45% of the grand prize will be divided evenly in an amount of portions equal to the amount of individual wins the team got during the season and each portion will go directly to the players that got these wins.
    • 10% of the grand prize will go directly to the manager of the winning team.
  • 10% of the runner-up prize will go the runner-up of the playoffs
    • 45% of the runner-up prize will be divided evenly among the members (players and manager) of the runner-up team.
    • Another 45% of the runner-up will be evenly divided in an amount of portions equal to the amount of individual wins the team got during the season and each portion will go directly to the players that got these wins.
    • 10% of the runner-up prize will go directly to the manager of the winning team.
  • 20% of the donations will go the individuals that record duels with or without commentary
  • Kyu OT Pokemon will go the best regular season players in each tier 
    • The best player of each tier will be the player with the highest score in the ranking system that will be set up.
  • Kyu OT will go to the best overall regular season player
    • The best overall player will be the player with the highest score in the ranking system that will be set up.
  • 2% of the donations will go towards salty suite
  • 3% of donations will be used for artwork

Prize:

image.gif 177m image.gif

Teams

Beedrilled

Spoiler

Sargeste

PoseidonWrath

Gabuchox

Wolfangt

GodXebec

xSparkie

Aerun

minaccia

Brumoso

monkeyDMathew

XxBahemothBladeX

Kangaskhan's Golden Horde

Spoiler

Azphiel

Gasyflour

ArtOfKilling

TehKharma

ZioMOJI

Wallarro

DarnellEK

Zokuru

AngeloDLZ

MadaraSixSix

Aldahiramirez

Evxsion

Cloddy Cloud Clodsires

Spoiler

Queest

ChronoRike

XueVoVmel

DRIDRIGOFK

TohnR

shuiqing

DTNight

Mislandier

ShanQi

SweeTforU

Stark Tyrants

Spoiler

Facursa

Imabetheverybest

Forfiter

Smadagos

TheDH

Umbramol

wickedwanga

woxiangsinile

ForFour

DoubleJ

Mkns

Bluebreath

Sweet Child O'Mime

Spoiler

NoWall

YEYOxD

Filantropial

Killua

Juanchoqui

ninamik

AlphaxStriker

DarkQuiler

iMat

Badbaarsito

Sebat

Gunthug

Absolutely Darkness

Spoiler

Axellgor

YJos

zLumiere

AwaXGoku

Mendeez

CHUCKunso

Huargensy

Lunarck

qmanzanop

Cali

zMauri

Fire Force

Spoiler

Pablobacas

Tawla

RealDevilLegend

MedichamZ

xxLazaro

heichicoda

NagaHex

LeJovi

branYT

CarolML

Endiii

WarwitoX

My Dress Up Deerling

Spoiler

Luke

Elvessss

TheLpZ

AkaruKokuyo

NecasInTrouble

Titinn

KokenoCastro

Deffonotpachima

ClayClover

LifeStyle

NikhilR

Onraider

Links:

Challonge Bracket

PSL Discord

Donations

Managers Registration

Players Registration

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

Quarter Finals

Semi Finals

Semi Finals Tiebreaker

Finals

Trades:

LeJovi from Fire Force to My Dress Up Deerling

Clayclover from My Dress Up Deerling to Fire Force

Why the changes?

Spoiler
  • NEW: DPP returns

A showdown tier was introduced to freshen up the event and bring something back that used to be a common sight in this event. DPP was specifically chosen because we had an auction and it turns out DPP players are rich.

• NEW: Managers must purchase the ability to play at 13CR during auction

This is difficult because I don't really like managers playing because it means some managers will have a greater advantage before the auction even begins but good managers are often good players, so I wanted give them the option to play. The 13CR price to gain the ability to play as a manager offsets the aforementioned advantage. This is the only way I would allow it.

• NEW: New Tier: Rotating OU/UU/NU (changes randomly each week)

Since manager choice was removed, I wanted to find a way to give managers an opportunity to outwit their opponent in some way and hopefully this is able to do just that. It keeps the weekly tiers from being predictable. Should make flexible players more valuable.

• NEW: Trading returns

Because trading is hype. Big restrictions put in place so it's not abused, see OP.

• NEW: Knockout tiebreakers return

Bo3 knockouts are hype.

• ADJUSTED: 100CR instead of 200CR in auction.

ew 200cr auction

• ADJUSTED: Players are no longer restricted to only playing tiers they signed up with.

I really disliked this. Why wouldn't everyone just sign up to every tier, automatically giving an advantage from the get go? Just remove and allow managers to do what they want.

• ADJUSTED: Coaching is prohibited. You will be removed from the event if caught.

I got my eyes on you

• ADJUSTED: The top 6 teams go to playoffs instead of 8.

Otherwise regular season is boring and feels a bit pointless

• ADJUSTED: Handpicked managers

I want good leaders, those who can motivate and maybe even a bit of personality? Having a lot of official wins doesn't guarantee that.

• REMOVED: Managers Choice

Just because

• REMOVED: Extensions

You have a whole week to play your match. If you cannot find the time, you ask for a sub. It's that simple.

Please donate to "PSLDonations"!

Donations: $177,706,333

Ya'll crazy:

Gunthug: 50m

LeZenor: 34m

YettoDie: $33,333,333

Cali: 30m

The cool kids B):

MonkeyDMathew: 10m

BaliAds: 7m

Mugiwarabru: 5m

Generous souls! Merry Christmas:

PSL14(aka gbwead): $3,625,000

Terresa: 2.5m

Onraider: 600k

Poufilou: 500k

TohnR: 300k

PoseidonWrath: 300k

Huargensy: 200k

Tear: 150k

ArisTheFang: 103k

CaioXLive: 95k

Donations thread can be found here

10 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

You will use any crazy formula like Gbwead to select managers? Or you will do something different to select managers?

There will be no formula for selecting managers. I do not want a robotic approach to it because the 'best' players by official wins doesn't necessarily mean they will be good managers. We will look at how motivated they are, how much we believe they could motivate their team, how active they are and even their personality among other things.

Have the plate ready to Players Registration? Since we will be able to play any tier, we select tier is pointless. I have a idea for Register template

IGN: 
Preferable Tiers(You just answer with Yes, Maybe or Not for the tier, a justification is optional):
OU:
UU:
NU: 
DB: 
LC:
DPP:
Fluff:

Discord:

Example:

IGN: CaioXLive 
Preferable Tiers(You just answer with Yes, Maybe or Not for the tier, a justification is optional):
OU: Yes, tier for me is very good and very flexible to teambuild.
UU: Maybe/No, in my opinion UU is a very defensive metagaming, i don't want to use Hard Stall or very fat balanced teams(players say that are Balanced but looks more Semi-stall to me), or face it every match.
NU: Maybe/Yes, in my opinion NU is a defensive metagaming, not too much than UU. I'm on Maybe because of that, but still has a open for Offense teams, that i like to play more. Also, tier becomes less fat with departure of gligar and Golbat, so it become more interessing to Hyper Offense.
DB: No, don't play so i don't know nothing about how to play Doubles.
LC: Maybe, tier is very interessing but sadly i don't have team to play.
DPP: Maybe/Yes, in my opinion DPP is a Balanced metagaming, both Agressive and Calmly play are good, but need to study metagaming and DPP is old gen, making it hard to train.
Fluff: I like to play more Agressive, putting offensive pressure on oponent early. Like a lot 
Hyper Offense and Bulky offense.
Discord:

Edited by caioxlive13
3 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Have the plate ready to Players Registration? Since we will be able to play any tier, we select tier is pointless. I have a idea for Register template

Playstyle(Optional):
Favorite type of team(Optional, answer with Hyper Offense, Bulky Offensive, Balanced, Semi-stall and Stall):

Yes this would be perfect for a competition where players are supposed to prepare and counter-team particular opponents (sarcasm).

19 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Yes this would be perfect for a competition where players are supposed to prepare and counter-team particular opponents (sarcasm).

Optional

And you will trust on this? Maybe you put that love HO teams, and use a f*** Stall. You can lure your opponent with that. But better leave as a Personal Note/Fluff

who want to put, put it.

Edited by caioxlive13
4 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

¿Tienes lista la placa para el Registro de Jugadores? Dado que podremos jugar en cualquier nivel, seleccionar el nivel no tiene sentido. Tengo una idea para la plantilla de registro

IGN: 
Niveles preferibles (simplemente responde Sí, Tal vez o No para el nivel, la justificación es opcional):
OU:
UU:
NU: 
DB: 
LC:
DPP:
Fluff:

Discord:

Ejemplo:

IGN : Niveles 
preferibles de CaioXLive (simplemente responde Sí, Quizás o No para el nivel, la justificación es opcional):
OU: Sí, el nivel para mí es muy bueno y muy flexible para formar equipos.
UU: Quizás/No, en mi opinión UU es un metajuego muy defensivo, no quiero usar Hard Stall o equipos balanceados muy gordos (los jugadores dicen que son Balanced pero me parece más Semi-stall), o enfrentarlo cada juego.
NU: Tal vez/Sí, en mi opinión, NU es un metajuego defensivo, no demasiado que UU. Estoy en Quizás por eso, pero todavía tengo una oportunidad para equipos ofensivos, que me gusta jugar más. Además, el nivel se vuelve menos gordo con la salida de Gligar y Golbat, por lo que se vuelve más interesante para Hyper Offense.
DB: No, no juego, así que no sé nada sobre cómo jugar Dobles.
LC: Tal vez, el nivel es muy interesante, pero lamentablemente no tengo equipo para jugar.
DPP: Tal vez/Sí, en mi opinión, DPP es un metajuego equilibrado, tanto el juego agresivo como el tranquilo son buenos, pero es necesario estudiar el metajuego y DPP es de vieja generación, lo que dificulta el entrenamiento.
Fluff: Me gusta jugar más Agresivo, ejerciendo presión ofensiva sobre el oponente desde el principio. Me gusta mucho 
Hyper Offense y Bulky ofensiva.
Discordia:

Nobody but absolutely nobody is going to do that, if it was with players fresh out of kindergarten maybe

4 minutes ago, Thenavarro said:

Nobody but absolutely nobody is going to do that, if it was with players fresh out of kindergarten maybe

Idea to you mark to your manager if you play that tier can be helpful to pick a suprise pick very versatile. To avoid being predictable with static Yes/No, "maybe" option is included. Player can play on said tier, but also can't.