[PSL XV] PokeMMO Super League Season 15 - General Thread

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 9:21 PM, KaynineXL said:

Since manager choice was removed, I wanted to find a way to give managers an opportunity to outwit their opponent in some way and hopefully this is able to do just that. It keeps the weekly tiers from being predictable. Should make flexible players more valuable.

Hey ! Sorry I don't know if this was mentionned anywhere but will rotating tiers be random during playoffs too ?
Or will they be picked by the highest seed team or decided through some other mean (both teams ban a tier and we play the 3rd left or idk)

On 2/10/2023 at 1:43 AM, TohnR said:

Hey ! Sorry I don't know if this was mentionned anywhere but will rotating tiers be random during playoffs too ?
Or will they be picked by the highest seed team or decided through some other mean (both teams ban a tier and we play the 3rd left or idk)

It will rotate during playoffs as well

• 2 weeks later...

image.gifMVP REWARDSimage.gif

Best OU: Elvessss

Spoiler

Scizor_Card.gif

PSL_XV_Userbar_Best_OU_Elvessss.gif

Best UU: PoseidonWrath

Spoiler

Krookodile_Card.gif

PSL_XV_Userbar_UU_PoseidonWrath.gif

Best NU: Axellgor

Spoiler

Blaziken_Card.gif

PSL_XV_Userbar_Best_NU_Axelgors.gif

Best LC: GasaiYunoSan

Spoiler

Mienfoo_Card.gif

PSL_XV_Userbar_Best_LC_GasaiYunoSan.gif

Best Doubles: DTNight

Spoiler

Metagross_Card.gif

PSL_XV_Userbar_Best_Doubles_DTNight.gif

Best DPP: NikhilR

Spoiler

Tyranitar_Card.gif

PSL_XV_Userbar_Best_DPP_NikhilR.gif

Best Manager: Shadow

Spoiler

Dragonite_Card.gif

Best Overall: Elvessss

Spoiler

Kyu OT Rotom

Title Sig will come at end of season

@Elvessss @PoseidonWrath @Axelgor @GasaiYunoSan @NikhilR

Real talk, Shad-ose really does deserve Manager of the Year. Dude took a gamble on a literal graveyard and got laughed at with nearly everyone here claiming we'd be bottom of the barrel. Low and behold, we breezed through the regular season, taking one "L" which only helped us get our shit together. Now we're number one seed in the playoffs (hoping to move on kek)

Since Finals won't do any difference on my current thoughts, and I told them I would do it, i'll give my feedback (it won't be roasting unlike Doc's (you're a legend) about our team players, being as objective as possible based in their performances and environment in the team itself) So future managers may take them into consideration according to their needs.

Note that basiclly, the fact they were super friendly and cooperative overall applies to all of them, so I'll proceed with things they highlighted in (yeah im also ready to get cringe'd, but I don't care at all): 

Facursa: Very nice fella, the fact he's that flexible in tiers made us be more relaxed about possible potential subs. Active, always ready to test and help, he always went with what he considered the best path to go, his record is also very acceptable, and honestly it'd be nice from him to play in other tiers in further editions, but in our team we mainly needed an OU to rotate and he filled that place nicely, so it's kind of a pleasure to have reached his 2nd consecutive finals with him.

Forfiter: (aka Sugar Daddy) It's been a huge pleasure knowing him personally, he was one of the few around our team I barely knew asides of seeing his name hue, about competitivity in game, always cheering for us, also to help, either by breeding, giving feedback, and/or training, specially from the weeks 3-4 ahead where he started to highlight (hail Trapinch). He was also flexible in OU (Sorry for putting you here though)/UU/NU giving overall nice performances, and in pretty crucial moments also. When he's in shape (as he's right now) definetely a nice guy to have everywhere.

TheDHAs Facursa he came extremely cheap (3/100 cr). For that price we basiclly had LC completely covered with a guy who danced around most of his matches, specially the important ones where we really needed wins. He also took care of his own builds, asking as soon as possible for breeding, or anything needed. He also helped some of our players with feedback and advices in the tier which we would need later (Smadagos is an example) to give a good fight. So, considering the price and the security he gave covering a whole tier by himself during the regular season, definetely worth, also he's a good meme maker in case you don't know what to do at home.

Wickedwanga: His price was low aswell (2 cr). His record may make you think he's not worth, but actually there are some reasons why I think otherwise. Considering one of his matches was lost basiclly by my fault, as I pressured him less than an hour before the match started, by telling my feedback about the team and stuff, he never lost the hope, neither the hype. This resulted on him always up to train and prepare our other players, keeping a nice attitude without letting his record affecting him, which also resulted in potential better results to our team, in the OU, UU and NU matter. I'm kinda sure he will have another chance next year, apart of giving his best in training, also in the PSL matches theirselves.

ForFour: ForFour is just a beast, you just need to see his record (currently 8-1). He was hyped from the first moment and even if his discord access is limited, he was always around for scheduling and sharing his teams with us. He barely/never needed help for teambuilding which was also a relief for us, since it was basiclly one thing less to worry about. And the result was just spectacular, 8-1 + his help in the team seems kinda fair for 14 cr.

Mkns: The Zebi Captain was kind of important during our journey in this PSL. His sole experience and flexibility made his invest worthy. Even if he had to be off for some time due to in-real-life stuff, he still played when we needed him, even playing a tier where he doesn't highlight in comparison of the rest (OU) and being decisive in the semi-finals tiebreakers (considering the match decided who advanced, with all the pressure that implies). Also him giving feedback and helping overall in all the team matters made him, once again, a nice pick for any PSL team.

Imabetheverybest: Kind of similar to TheDH's case. In this case I should have probably brought another pure Dubs player to either rotate, or having someone near from him to practice, since that may have affected some of his matches, which I personally do regret. Anyway, he still managed the tier by his own and he gladly played all his matches representing our Dubs place, which brings probably a bit of extra stress, so no regrets at all in drafting him♥.

Smadagos: Smadagos has never played a PSL before and he's kind of new in the comp scene (specially if we compare him to the rest of the PSL players). He is one of our main breeders, and his activity and willness to play paid of with a positive record, winning one of his matches in a brand new tier for him, which kinda shows how good he reacts to the feedback some more veteran players tell him. He was always so cooperative, also asking for trainings and training with people who requested, which ended up paying off positively. I'm so glad to have been the first manager drafting him.

UmbraMol: Umbra is a particular case. About PvP wise, his record was average, considering that poor week 1 😞 but just as some of them here, he was always up to train, making sure people were ready with their teams, advicing them about rivals, which always helps no matter what, so considering his activity, competivity and his overall performance, it makes the invest which was kind of cheap, really worth it. But what it's particular about him, was his advices to improve my managing skills. Before the auction, and consdiering his experience in the PSL scene, I asked him about previous experiences with managers, what did they do right, what did they do wrong, etc. and I used some of that knowledge to try improving the team morale. So, I'm kind of appreciated for it, since it surely helped us reaching higher.

woxiangsinile: Xiang is another beast. Him + ForFour made a nice CN duo, in which I invested 33cr for both of them. His record should have been more spectacular, but it was still positive, and it kind of represented the stomp spirit of the team. Just as ForFour's case, his build were made exclusively by himself, and he asked for training in different playstyles to see how did his team manage against many different threads. I would have loved to test him in the UU wise but that wasn't our plan. But since during PSL he won a couple of UU tours, he should surely be an option to flex there aswell by the next editions. That summed to the fact he's a great person (as basiclly all of the teammates) made him a very nice pick.

DoubleJ: DoubleJ was the other OU to rotate with Facursa, and he gave us a solid 3-1 score (funk rock blast mate). Hyping the team with the graveyard spirit and also asking for feedback for his teams to get improved, he kinda made his experience and personality a very good value in results terms. Needless to say, he was so cheap (5 cr if I remember correctly) having such score, made him a nice invest (sorry Doc but he had to come with us)-

BlueBreath: Blue was the only guy around here I didn't know at all (thank you ignorance) and he was purely recommended for some of our mates. And they didn't go wrong at all. Once again, representing a full tier by his own may be tough at some moments, yet he made his experience (which i knew afterwards) worth, completely building by himself, playing all the weeks just as Imabe and getting a positive record from them. Him cheering up our mates aswell and living our team matches was a real pleasure and he really made his 6 cr worth, making our DPP a tier to be relaxed at.

Bear: Bear was our cheerleader, and it was kinda nice having him in the team, morale aspect is something to take care at sometimes and even if he is busy as all of us, with inreal life stuff or his SGM role he comes from time to time to cheer us up, so if we're winning this, you're also a winner with us mate♥

It was also a pleasure for me meeting other people apart of our teammates, as Tohn, Art, and a large list of etecteras.

Cringe ends here, or not, cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2023 at 08:39, KaynineXL said:

imagem.gifMVP RECOMPENSASimagem.gif

Melhor UO:  Elvessss

Melhor UU: PoseidonWrath

Revele conteúdos ocultos

Krookodile_Card.gif

PSL_XV_Userbar_UU_PoseidonWrath.gif

Melhor NU: Axellgor

Revele conteúdos ocultos

Blaziken_Card.gif