NPC Costume Grind

Gengarcello

Question

6 answers to this question

I like this drop formula from classic MMO like Wow and so on, like it's a raid or something. You may have a chance to drop untradeable vanities depending on how many times you defeated elite 4, healing items used, time and instances score. Developers should take this into account

Edit: how could this be balanced? By changing e4 teams/meta so you'll be forced to make a new strat. Also, a leaderboard as the one you see during events can be added to check how other players are doing

Edited by Mokujin97
13 minutes ago, Mokujin97 said:

I like this drop formula from classic MMO like Wow and so on, like it's a raid or something. You may have a chance to drop untradeable vanities depending on how many times you defeated elite 4, healing items used, time and instances score. Developers should take this into account

Edit: how could this be balanced? By changing e4 teams/meta so you'll be forced to make a new strat. Also, a leaderboard as the one you see during events can be added to check how other players are doing

Would it not be balanced by being untradeable though? I don't have a classic MMO perspective of course, but I suppose I'd just like to share my perspective real quick here.

I don't really mind it being tradeable or untradeable, but I believe that for f2p players who would want more to do in the game, something like this is a really great idea for longevity. Given that the best f2p way to get vanities is through the pokemart, which has little to no shirt options for players. Obviously money making isn't that hard in pokemmo, so its not really p2w by any means but I suppose it might be best to have this as a semi-difficult challenge. I think there are a lot of ways this could be implemented effectively. Something like a raid, a very competitive scene especially given that in Pokemon, competitive scenes are quite popular, you'd find that the gap between the rich and poor players would widen (which could be a stretch idk im just talking out of possibility).

That being said, for a character like Cynthia, a champion of a region, something of that nature might be warranted. For the most part though I believe that maybe just making new rebattles could be an effective way to give clothes of characters who wouldn't really deserve the effort. You could maybe get Barry's outfit from just battling him once on the Sinnoh post-game island or maybe giving another Barry fight in Stark Mountain or something where he has level 80 pokemon to fight.

I think that with the addition of Johto coming through, this sort of idea can really breath life into the game actually. Giving more PVE rewards and utilising characters from the story mode into something greater would be a really nice touch and addition to a seemingly complete game.

TL;DR - Some fights deserve a raid fight for a costume like champions, but standard characters like rivals should have easier methods