Having Co-op turn the game into 2 Player Battles

IssaBoneman

Question

Hey there loving the game however I noticed if you wanta play with friends,(at least where I'm at early game) it feels extremely barebones. Like the only thing that could happen is you and your friend going through the same zones near each other. I was wondering if turning Co-oped instances of combat into two player fights where each player could play their leading pokemon(and be able to switch out pokemon like normal on their side) through the entire story is something that is possible/ something you might want to explore doing?

6 answers to this question

6 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

This is actually a thing at battle frontier, exactly as you described.

As for the storyline that would be neat but I can’t comprehend exactly how it could work.

It's not a thing in an MMO if is not implemented for a pvp enviroment.

This topic has been discussed throughly many times over the years and almost everyone agreed that it would have been difficult to implement in a pve (storywise) enviroment but that was plainly unjustified that it wasn't implemented for both competitive and friendly pvp.

9 hours ago, lallo17 said:

This topic has been discussed throughly many times over the years and almost everyone agreed that it would have been difficult to implement in a pve (storywise) enviroment but that was plainly unjustified that it wasn't implemented for both competitive and friendly pvp.

exactly, it should be implemented at least for competitive and friendly pvp fights. However, the idea of making history with a friend remains very nice and interesting

On 12/20/2022 at 11:57 AM, lallo17 said:

laziness that is the only thing i can think of. for people who cant "comprehend" how it would work in pve idk maybe look at temtem? you can do the whole story and even gyms co op. Its not a hard concept. 1v1's simply become 2v2s make it so you can pick 3 pokemon each per battle and its simple. Theres an emerald rom hack that does this. so i really cant comprehend how it would not be possible to implement here. MMO's arent just single player games played next to people theyre co op. with or without pvp. It's sad cuz i had hopes I could play this with my friend but theres no point if its literally just single player but hey you can see ur friend move next to you lol. 

On 3/25/2023 at 6:56 PM, Bored2Death101 said:

you can do the whole story and even gyms co op. Its not a hard concept

And money gaining? And experience/ev distribution? Yes you can do it but you will necessary renounce to at least those two concepts. It's stupid but are concepts to be thought through; the only way is sterile "fight this NPC" just cause and without any gain, therefore you will not fully be able to complete the story in co op. However being able to PvP-ing 2vs2 should have been implemented years ago, without any possible excuse.

Totally on point on the last concept tho. It's not a Pokemon MMO; rather a watch your friends walking simulator