January 2023- Movement Discussion

3 minutes ago, Munya said:

Because its a holiday week and I'm not going to force TC to be active during the last 2 days only of the week when they could very well be busy with other things.

I understand that during these days people are bussy but would it not be better to wait and let the tiering delay 2 days for such a important drop for uu

I assume that Venomoth is NUBL, which is fair in my opinion. 
I would like to question TC about the ways to offensively handle Salamence once Mamoswine is gone ?
It is almost the fastest mon in the meta and those faster can't really handle it either way. 

1 hour ago, Quinn010 said:

I understand that during these days people are bussy but would it not be better to wait and let the tiering delay 2 days for such a important drop for uu

Can't, usage starts on the first and I have no way of halting or delaying that.

1 hour ago, Gruul said:

Venomoth quickban? I guess so? (Idk if it has been banned in the past)

It was banned a long time ago, it was questioned if it should be banned or not still as it happened so long ago.  Electrode ban has also been in question recently. 

14 minutes ago, Munya said:

Can't, usage starts on the first and I have no way of halting or delaying that.

It was banned a long time ago, it was questioned if it should be banned or not still as it happened so long ago.  Electrode ban has also been in question recently. 

Can give to us the list of NU/UT movements and the mons on BL1/BL2 that are below cut-off?

20 minutes ago, Munya said:

They will be changed as they were this last month but not giving a list for them no, UT is not a tier and will not be receiving the same treatment that a tier would be given.

ok. And BL/BL2 mons? Have the list of those that are below cutoff? Just to see if any can be discussed.

Edited by caioxlive13
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Just drop Electrode already. It's enough of a joke already that this trash mon ever got banned in the first place. 

Problem is we don't have exactly list of BL mons that will drop. Maybe Electrode and one more can be topics of discussion? We don't know.

Only know that Nidoqueen next month will be on NU tier or on BL2, because what Nidoqueen does before as a offense with sheer force, nidoking will do better. 

Edited by caioxlive13
40 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Problem is we don't have exactly list of BL mons that will drop. Maybe Electrode and one more can be topics of discussion? We don't know.

Only know that Nidoqueen next month will be on NU tier or on BL2, because what Nidoqueen does before as a offense with sheer force, nidoking will do better. 

You can easily check, the cutoff point is provided.  Unless something is rubbing right up on the cutoff point chances are it didn't change.

32 minutes ago, Makarovs said:

Since its the last 4,36% usage month, I strongly suggest to not move up mamoswine. Otherwise he'll be stuck in OU for at least 3 months being a very important check for stuff being tested like mence and maybe the 3 upcoming mons from OU.

Problem is we can't do anything about it. It was very above cut-off(iirc 1,5-2%), and even in a "regular season"(That cutoffs are normal), Mamoswine would still rise.
Hope that nidoking at least do something vs him, but mence can simply run Quake on a DD set if are a issue. Defensive-focused sets(Toxic + Roost) and Support(Defog), however, willl not have that and will struggle a bit vs Nido if he comes from slow pivots or Teleport.

(simple to leave in paper: Under normal conditions, salamence can't kill nido in one hit even +1, if he don't run Quake. +1 252 Atk Salamence Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 130-154 (83.3 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(Note: this outrage are edited to 80 BP to simulate DClaw, lazy to change moves). And if Nidoking manage to attack, that he will do without receive dmg if Mence are bold, Mence simply dies: 252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Salamence: 343-406 (169.8 - 200.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO.

Speeds:
Mence:
 - Bold set(0 EV speed): 120
 - DD set(252 EV Speed, +nature): 167

Nidoking:
 - Modest: 137
 - Timid: 150

Before someone talk to use Adamant Mence, this lead to same situation on OU for nite users. Absolutely all nites Adamant lost if opponent uses a Jolly.)

Edited by caioxlive13
19 minutes ago, Makarovs said:

Since its the last 4,36% usage month, I strongly suggest to not move up mamoswine. Otherwise he'll be stuck in OU for at least 3 months being a very important check for stuff being tested like mence and maybe the 3 upcoming mons from OU.

Feels like a double edged sword. Sure it could check those things but whose to say we keep it and decide okay, mence and these others are fine in UU, then it moves up, at which point they are no longer fine in UU and we already decided that they were, this is probably a good opportunity to find out if they are okay without mamoswine.  And even if they are with mamoswine, if mamo is the only mon that makes them okay, isn't that kind of broken?

8 minutes ago, Munya said:

Feels like a double edged sword. Sure it could check those things but whose to say we keep it and decide okay, mence and these others are fine in UU, then it moves up, at which point they are no longer fine in UU and we already decided that they were, this is probably a good opportunity to find out if they are okay without mamoswine.  And even if they are with mamoswine, if mamo is the only mon that makes them okay, isn't that kind of broken?

I get your point and agreed about the check part. It just feels like mamoswine is one of those mons that would be back to UU next month just like crobat did, but with the old system back we'll need at least 3 months.

18 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Please implement this for 2023 usage movements. @TC

The one that i've suggested isn't better? Like, don't need to desync OU <--> UU movements with UU <---> NU movements if basically High ladder usage will be the only with value on usage table, and we know that High ladder use basically same/simmilar teams and the variety is low, so with time, drop movements will low at the point of rarely exists. The stability starts on OU, pass to UU until reach NU. The only thing that could create chaos is new HAs.