Lack of communication from the devs

I don't understand this lack of communication from the Devs, regarding Christmas Event.

If there's going to be an event, launch it or make a post it being delayed.

If there's not going to be an event, please make a post informing the player base about this.

Players will understand if Johto is taking too much of devs time, to make the event happen or this year.

But this complete lack of communication and event just keeps the players in suspense, which eventually makes people mad.

Especially if all this suspense is for nothing.

I see no good reason for the devs to behave like this tbh. 

3 minutes ago, LiIith said:

I'm starting to think about quit the game, not for the event, just bc if devs don't care of player base  then the game don't have future

Take easy on them .

Kyu announced Johto, rumours are that there can have no XMas event this year because they in the past didn't release XMas before a region.

The sacrifice of XMas gift to receive another expensiver gift: Johto.

Maybe they didnt say anything because they knew if they did it would only add fuel to the fire. I dont blame them for remaining silent. People complain no matter what, take the 10year anniversary example. People complained about everything from ability patches to even the reason they gave for delaying it's updates.

Edited by BrokenJoker
22 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

No communication is a communication, that means no.

Example:

Person 1: Marry me?

Person 2: ... Silence (means no)

24/12 and 25/12 passed and that is probable that there is no event because nothing were announced

If you can't communicate honestly in a relationship, it's usually called "a toxic relationship".

Also this lack of communication just makes people guess and make mostly baseless assumption, which is the main problem imo.

Edited by Pellemasi

Honestly what PokeMMO needs is a competent competitor. I'll be the first to say this game is miles above all the other Pokemon MMO games so they can kinda afford to do as they please concerning the playerbase.

However... Imagine if they had a legit contender for their playerbase I promise these problems would improve quickly lest they lose too many players to justify paying for the servers.

As of now they can pretty much do as they please cause most of us are going to keep playing/donating to the game anyways.

Despite many of the commenters making excuses for the lack of communication there's no reason to leave us in the dark. Many players spent November and most of December prepping for event. Devs didn't decide on Dec 23rd that they weren't going to do the event. As soon as they called it off we should have been notified. Of course some would be upset and complain but that comes with the territory.

The lack of communication is soooo disrespectful...

Anyways.... Back to PokeMMO I go... smh

3 minutes ago, Pellemasi said:

If you can't communicate honestly in a relationship, it's usually called "a toxic relationship".

I don't think there is a bad intention on that, check what BrokenJoker said, they could try to not add fuel to the fire which I agree, and they already warned us about a new region coming is expected no xmas event 

10 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

Maybe they didnt say anything because they knew if they did it would only add fuel to the fire. I dont blame them for remaining silent. People complain no matter what, take the 10year anniversary example. People complained about everything from ability patches to even the reason they gave for delaying it's updates.

Is there any possibilities they are delayed for xmas this year? Not sure haha, maybe we will get surprised soon it is still on time

10 minutes ago, Ryukaai said:

Many players spent November and most of December prepping for event. Devs didn't decide on Dec 23rd that they weren't going to do the event. As soon as they called it off we should have been notified. 

Why prepare? There is no need for preparation like Hallowen 

Edited by MightyMichele
Just now, MightyMichele said:

They said will release Johto, that means no xmas event, this rumours got spreaded since months ago from some players

Players are not a qualified source of accurate information concerning the game... Johto is coming in spring the earliest that could be is March.... So why would the Xmas event be cancelled over the more close event Chinese new years? Unless that's cancelled too and we find out the hard way. 

Even if Johto is indeed the reason that's absolutely fine. How hard was it to tell us that in the initial announcement of Johto though?

"Johto 2023 (Xmas event cancelled to focus on Johto development)"

How hard was that to do?

1 hour ago, Pellemasi said:

I don't understand this lack of communication from the Devs, regarding Christmas Event.

If there's going to be an event, launch it or make a post it being delayed.

If there's not going to be an event, please make a post informing the player base about this.

Players will understand if Johto is taking too much of devs time, to make the event happen or this year.

But this complete lack of communication and event just keeps the players in suspense, which eventually makes people mad.

Especially if all this suspense is for nothing.

I see no good reason for the devs to behave like this tbh. 

Who said this is a Community Game? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 hour ago, MightyMichele said:

Take easy on them .

Kyu announced Johto, rumours are that there can have no XMas event this year because they in the past didn't release XMas before a region.

The sacrifice of XMas gift to receive another expensiver gift: Johto.

The problem isn't that there isn't Christmas event.
The problem is that the devs leave the community guessing and arguing and going by these "rumors" that always start to circulate in these cases.
It just creates pointless arguments, when one side is guessing reasons for why there isn't christmas event and the other side is guessing reasons for why it's delayed or might still come.

Not really good for the community nor how the players view the devs.

And all this uncertainty and bickering could've been easily avoided with just one simple forum post...

..But no..

1 minute ago, Jgaw said:

Beloved santa ❤️

May your soul rest in peace

xqhctv7fad501.jpg

Santa got mugged on the way to PokeMMO world, Rudolph is yet to be found to give his statement about what happened, some believe Rudolph is the perpetrator.