Remove Lures

HumongousNoodle

Question

23 answers to this question

1 minute ago, OGQT said:

It's only pay 2 win if you can't get them with in-game money, which you can. Go farm and you'll realize they're actually a great addition

It would've been a great addition if they didn't lock Mons behind the lure system entirely, why not just add it a supplementary boosted way of obtaining them? Just feels scummy to remove starters from their normal encounters for example.

Just now, CorruptOutcast said:

It would've been a great addition if they didn't lock Mons behind the lure system entirely, why not just add it a supplementary boosted way of obtaining them? Just feels scummy to remove starters from their normal encounters for example.

It's scummy, but doesn't make it pay to win. If they made it so that you could ONLY get the starters now if you spent irl money, then yeah I'd be mad too, it just made it more grindy, which is the whole point of an MMO, especially PokeMMO, which was always known for the insane grinding.

P2W? Excuse me but definitively isn't p2w. The lure you can buy directly with Real Money is 60x more expensive than common lure buyed in mart with in-game currency(Conversion of RPs: 200RP ---> $450.000 , 100RP ---> $225.000 , 1 RP ---> $2.250) , so isn't even worth. Second point is since introduction of RP Vouchers, p2w factor have been severely reduced due to players commons getting acess to Gift Shop items, including the untradeable and exclusive Trainer Link and Exp. Reamplifier. Some player would say the contrary due to be a easier way to players with RP to convert it into money, but i don't agree because of acessibility that gave to us, common players, to those items.

19 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

P2W? Excuse me but definitively isn't p2w. The lure you can buy directly with Real Money is 60x more expensive than common lure buyed in mart with in-game currency(Conversion of RPs: 200RP ---> $450.000 , 100RP ---> $225.000 , 1 RP ---> $2.250) , so isn't even worth. Second point is since introduction of RP Vouchers, p2w factor have been severely reduced due to players commons getting acess to Gift Shop items, including the untradeable and exclusive Trainer Link and Exp. Reamplifier. Some player would say the contrary due to be a easier way to players with RP to convert it into money, but i don't agree because of acessibility that gave to us, common players, to those items.

I think you don't understand the p2w concept at all. It is p2w and you can't deny that, can you achieve it through other means? Well yes, you can. But you're paying so much for so little that it's ridiculous. Either way, it's a moot point, would likely be the first time they'd listen to the community regarding RP stuff.

1 hour ago, Elizn said:

At the risk of making myself look stupid. But Burmy and Cherubi are only obtainable by Honey Trees in Sinnoh, what's the difference between paying $1,000 for a honey jar (if you don't have a combee) or paying $600 for a lure?

Nobody seems to mind having those exclusive to trees.

Elizn you're making too much sense please cease kek

2 hours ago, Elizn said:

At the risk of making myself look stupid. But Burmy and Cherubi are only obtainable by Honey Trees in Sinnoh, what's the difference between paying $1,000 for a honey jar (if you don't have a combee) or paying $600 for a lure?

the example is irrelevant
how can you compare the honey tree which comes from the original game and which contains only 2-3 mon to a system which comes to tell you: catch them all but not really because you need to pay for decoys.
I specify, there must be a good thirties of Pokemon only caught with lures.
So between 2-3 pokemon and 30 pokemon that's what.
There is already the safari park which already does this work so it was not necessary to copy it.
Hiding behind 600 yen is a huge lie.
Who guarantees you that you won't need 50 lures to find the pokemon you want?
I experimented on Rotom in the mansion, spent 45 decoys and gave up.
After a while you have to question yourself, the system could have gone well, but limiting starter or other encounters only with decoys is an abomination.
Even the real game won't dare with the legendaries.

2 hours ago, Elizn said:

I think the difference for some players (at least for me) is that it can be frustrating when the difficulty of obtaining a specific Shiny Pokemon drastically increases rather than it becoming easier to find a specific Shiny.

Since the introduction of shiny Cherubi/Burmy when Sinnoh was implemented, their difficulty of being shiny hunted was high because of how Honey Trees costed a lot and took a lot of time to encounter. When Honey Trees were recently buffed, I don't think anyone complained because the difficulty of finding them as shiny was easier.

I'd assume that people felt frustration when hordes like Heracross (and maybe Pawniard?) were taken away because the difficulty of finding them increased rather than decreased. Additionally, I think that this implementation of Lures is especially frustrating because Single Encounter hunting was one of the only methods of shiny hunting which hadn't been passively monetized/taxed yet. 

Personally, I just hope they don't add more Lure-Exclusive Pokemon outside of starters and I think they should remove the Togepi line specifically because it was traditionally not an egg hunt and more of a single encounter hunt.

Edited by jasean
1 hour ago, YumiJerza said:

the example is irrelevant
how can you compare the honey tree which comes from the original game and which contains only 2-3 mon to a system which comes to tell you: catch them all but not really because you need to pay for decoys.

The lures only made pokemon that did not spawn in the wild in original games, not spawn in the PokeMMO game. If anything it is actually closer to the original games than before. 

Edited by OGQT

All I see is that this lure system will make 0 IV Rotoms pricing on the market skyrocket since those were already around something like 7k
And Rotom being genderless, you need a lot of those 0IVs to be able to create 5x31 Rotoms for competitive 

Rotom is a pokemon that is of top popularity in all tiers (OU, UU, NU, somewhat Doubles), hence there is a lot of demand for these, I just hope competitive players don't need to spend over 2 million for a simple 5x31 comp breed ...
The way it looks to me is that Rotom could be on the Porygon price range in the future and I don't like it 😢

Edited by TohnR
6 hours ago, TohnR said:

All I see is that this lure system will make 0 IV Rotoms pricing on the market skyrocket since those were already around something like 7k
And Rotom being genderless, you need a lot of those 0IVs to be able to create 5x31 Rotoms for competitive 

Rotom is a pokemon that is of top popularity in all tiers (OU, UU, NU, somewhat Doubles), hence there is a lot of demand for these, I just hope competitive players don't need to spend over 2 million for a simple 5x31 comp breed ...
The way it looks to me is that Rotom could be on the Porygon price range in the future and I don't like it 😢

Rotom can breed with Ditto, and with Alpha Dittos 2x31+ being common, I can't see it skyrocketing as much as you say it will. If Rotom could only breed with Rotom, then yeah, it'd be insane. Let's hope the devs aren't sadists lmao

You can get lures ingame through the pokémart. The Premium Lures are payed, but are only slightly better (like 1-2%).

I like the new aspect of trying to find rarer pokes with a specific lure. It seems people are only interested in having stuff added that makes a game easier.

2 hours ago, Pexilius said:

You can get lures ingame through the pokémart. The Premium Lures are payed, but are only slightly better (like 1-2%).

I like the new aspect of trying to find rarer pokes with a specific lure. It seems people are only interested in having stuff added that makes a game easier.

i've sayed it: Premium lures are better but only slighty and don't compensate buying it due to their price(60x more expensive than a normal.)

p2w means winning in pvp or pve by paying real money, but this does not happen at all with lure integration, as it is still widely possible to buy pokemon hunted via lure from the gtl and then pair them with breeder eggs pokemon.

I really don't understand what you mean by p2w. In any case, the lures are a good pretext for the staff to finance the now huge pokemmo server project, so I'd say there's no problem

Edited by druido890
2 hours ago, druido890 said:

p2w means winning in pvp or pve by paying real money, but this does not happen at all with lure integration, as it is still widely possible to buy pokemon hunted via lure from the gtl and then pair them with breeder eggs pokemon.

I really don't understand what you mean by p2w. In any case, the lures are a good pretext for the staff to finance the now huge pokemmo server project, so I'd say there's no problem

Exactly. Since Vouchers introductions, anything that could be obtained on Gift Shop become acessible to us players. Now we can buy anything from there and they just decide to put some items. No objective advantage exist for donators, except that they got those items earlier than common players, but eventually both can get.

I agree with the idea of not locking complete species behind lures cuz its super super dumb when they weren't locked at all, it would be better if lures only locked certain evos and gave them 5% encounter chance to spice up some places and give 10% encounter rate to mons with base 5% encounter rate
I think that ALL pokemon should be encounterable (is that a word?) even if their encounter rate is super low and if you want more of them you can get lures, but they SHOULD NOT be mandatory

Edited by Lorewaifu
they>their :DDDDD

I would enjoy to have a 3% by default,  8% Lure, 12% Premium Lures rare species encounter rates.

Lure hunt should be easy/fast but expensive, because you cannot pass a particle from a non shiny to shiny like you could do in egg shiny hunt

Edited by MightyMichele