Optimal Guide to PvE Breloom [with an optimal leveling strategy]

• 2 weeks later...
  • DragoTamer changed the title to Optimal Guide to PvE Breloom [with an optimal leveling strategy]

Tip for leveling Up: For now, you cannot use it. But if you're planning to do the breloom after Gen 9 set updates, you can use Choice Band + Bulldoze on same Rapidash horde. The advantage is you don't have to deal with the 4,9% chance of miss some mon on a horde(with wide lens, without is 41,59%) and taking onto consideration that Breloom are from the slowest exp group, requiring 1,640,000 XP to go from 1 to 100, you must avoid the missing chance.

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, caioxlive13 said:

Tip for leveling Up: For now, you cannot use it. But if you're planning to do the breloom after Gen 9 set updates, you can use Choice Band + Bulldoze on same Rapidash horde. The advantage is you don't have to deal with the 4,9% chance of miss some mon on a horde(with wide lens, without is 41,59%) and taking onto consideration that Breloom are from the slowest exp group, requiring 1,640,000 XP to go from 1 to 100, you must avoid the missing chance.

Now you can with the Movepool Update(28/04/23)

Updated with the bulldoze information.

For future preference, the optimal 4 PREVO moves for Breloom were poisonpowder, worry seed, spore, and growth. After the gen 9 moveset changes were implemented, the only two PREVO moves remaining are giga drain and spore. Giga drain can be taught via TM, but it may be nice to ensure it's a prevo mvoe as it can be cheaper, depending on the heart scale market, to teach it via the move tutor rather than TM.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to give a most clean explanation because i feel like what i post before was incomplet. 

From level 54 to 100, Breloom has to gain exactly 1,454,193 Exp to go to level max. The average amount of Exp. Gain on Tentacruel Horde(You can train on Battle Frontier. No tentacruel will pass you and even a 31x on HP and Def, and Bold, wouldn't resist to Bulldoze + Band: Lvl 54 252+ Atk Choice Band Breloom Bulldoze vs. Lvl 50 0 HP / 0+ Def Tentacruel: 164-194 (105.8 - 125.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO) is 6000. You would need 243 hordes to max out. You would need a bit more with Rock Slide on Rapidash, since it had a bit less(5,9k afaik). The odds of you hit all moves is insanely low. No matter what horde you're in, if you miss you get f***, and loss precious time of Charm, healing. And on Rock Slide, on 2nd horde there is around 90% chance of you manage to hit all mons without missing. 3rd horde, this chance is from 86%. 4th horde, 81%. And it kept getting lower... Without Wide lens is 34% of landing rock slide on all mons, already on 2nd horde, don't even try.

Edited by caioxlive13

I have updated this guide to remove mention of bulldoze and reverted back to the rock slide leveling strategy.

Both methods were tested and rock slide came out superior. The reasoning is due to Rapidash carrying shuca berries which reduced ground type damage. This caused a large waste in time. Rock Slide is a proven strategy wherein if you follow the above build and leveling strategy instructions and tips, you can reach Level 100 within the time of one Exp. Charm.

I have also updated the notes for PREVO moves

Edited by DragoTamer
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really great and neat guide. for wide lens i farm Sableye in Hoenn. and for Toxic Orb i farm Muk in Kanto. My Breloom can start lvling up by itself at lvl 55 with Wide Lens equipped at Unova Rt. 12 Rapidash. It got full ev and minimum 31 attack and 31 speed though, Really2 helpful guide thanks a lot !

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2024 at 2:44 PM, DannyWith6Ys said:

If you have a 31 HP iv breloom, giving it 16 HP evs puts it to 265 hp, if you drop that to 12 hp evs your hp will be a multiple of 8, thus poison heal will heal back a substitute in 2 turns instead of 3

Great suggestion, but I just tested and Breloom heals fully within 2 turns. I added the details into the EV distribution section as an explanation with numbers. I appreciate you letting me so I could add that info in!