Time Since Last Alpha NPC.

Aidenjc

Question

I think an NPC that tells you how long it been since the last alpha could prove useful to reduce the spam of "when was last Alpha" in global. I guess you can argue it defeats the purpose of the random time spawn but I just think since the addition of Alphas you can't look at global without seeing someone ask for the time since the last. To eliminate any confusion, I don't mean a timer until the next alpha spawns, just an NPC that says how long it's been since the last one. LMK what you all think.

6 answers to this question

Like the idea, but I doubt people would use the NPC. People in general are lazy to go to specific places when asking in global is a whole lot easier. Especially if you look at how many people ask, while it was asked 10 seconds ago.., They could simply scroll up a bit, but still... people keep asking blindly. Laziness I tell ya.

It's only random per day. In our Team discord, we have a bot saying when a new day has arrived. This gives everyone a heads up that an alpha can now spawn again.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:29 PM, Pexilius said:

Like the idea, but I doubt people would use the NPC. People in general are lazy to go to specific places when asking in global is a whole lot easier. Especially if you look at how many people ask, while it was asked 10 seconds ago.., They could simply scroll up a bit, but still... people keep asking blindly. Laziness I tell ya.

It's only random per day. In our Team discord, we have a bot saying when a new day has arrived. This gives everyone a heads up that an alpha can now spawn again.

Which Discord bot do you use?