SHOULD THE DEVS FIX A SHINY RATE AFTER SOME ENCOUNTERS

SHOULD THE DEVS FIX A SHINY RATE AFTER SOME ENCOUNTERS  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should the devs fix the shiny rate after some encounters?

image.thumb.png.29f2a60c0e80934f5a7572bb35e7b53b.png

We need to talk about this with the devs, either help us out, or let us know the exact encounter rate, you can call me names if you like, but as someone who has invested over 1500 hours maybe even 2000 hours in all charcters ciombined since i started playing back in July 2021. i love this game to bits, i did not even care for the encounter rate until i had to endure this abomination. You have to help us out, help me out, and players who have gone on dry spells like me. 
image.thumb.png.ada6fc840127dcf1091f9c85d3d600ab.png

Lemme Just confirm for you, and please accept that and Just move on

The game controls economic system, shinies Can harm a while economy

If ur ip adress is New to the game so u ll get ur first shiny very quickly, maybe the 2nd as well, but since that rate of encountering decreases. 

Im concluding this from my personal expérience àround 6k hours (2 meothws, 1pikachu,1swinub,1mightyena).

So my next shiny (and i won't shunt for it) will spawn in the next 1000 hours 😄

It Will spawn while u don't even think of it, just go with it and don't go mad 

That s very logic shiny rate encountering under an economy surveyed system

I can be cursed like many others but don't take this as an example, i Heard of some players having +200 OT shinies. 

Don't lose faith

Pray for shiny starter if it costs +90m,then u ll spend this amount in leppa beriies or lures, u ll maybe spend more, u ll have it in the end after years, i know someone chasin à shiny eevee for 2 years after egghatchin.. Hé spends Millions.. after all hé got what Hé wants. 

If u are doing shunt for money making, just quit this and i advise u to start a sûre money making process, gym runs, farming berries... 

And GOOD LUCK

4 hours ago, MorimotosanIGN said:

image.thumb.png.29f2a60c0e80934f5a7572bb35e7b53b.png

We need to talk about this with the devs, either help us out, or let us know the exact encounter rate, you can call me names if you like, but as someone who has invested over 1500 hours maybe even 2000 hours in all charcters ciombined since i started playing back in July 2021. i love this game to bits, i did not even care for the encounter rate until i had to endure this abomination. You have to help us out, help me out, and players who have gone on dry spells like me. 
image.thumb.png.ada6fc840127dcf1091f9c85d3d600ab.png

Stop being a Beta and start to be an @Alphamale, afking 1000 hours doesnt give u a Single shiny, stop being lazy

Took me 50k encounters. I was hunting Lairon / scyther / other shit. Whenever I get bored of seeing the same mon I switch it up a bit. Anyways the moment I go and look for the houndour horde I found shiny dour... was happy af. Didn't hunt for anything until a month later. I bought a donator. Bought a few charms. I decided that I want lairon and I was gonna do 30k encounters with multiple charms. Needless to say I got it 2 hours after activating the donator and 2 charms later it popped up xD. Maybe like 2.6k encounters I don't know. Now I am back st 15k and taking it easy

Edit: Sorry for your bad luck. Pro tip, Charms and donator really always does the job for me. So keep going

Edited by Goku

While I sympathize with your dreadful unlucky streak and I do wish you better fortune in the future, I have voted no because in my opinion that would go against the independent-odds aspect of shiny-hunting. I can also think of ways in which the feature you're speaking of would be manipulated in order to get rarer shinies more easily. I would also be against a scenario in which the odds would just be increased like in the more recent games instead of guaranteeing the shiny.
My advice would be to just keep at it, it's bound to shine as long as you don't give up. It also tends to even out eventually the more you do it, meaning it's likely that you'll get shinies in way less encounters than average as well. The odds are fixed (not in the sense that it's guaranteed after a certain number of encounters but in the sense that the rate is always the same independently from how many encounters you've done) and there's no "fixing the encounter rate", that's just how independent odds work.