F.A.Q. Thread

This thread is created with intention of being a place to ask simple questions that a lot of players do, without needing of create a post about it and filling the forums. Before posting, check the Support Knowledge area to see if you question are there, If aren't you can return and ask here.

Below on spoiler is some questions commonly asked and their answers. I recommend you check they also.

---<Storyline questions>---

Spoiler

Q: How i can proceed on X history? 
A: Check the Walktrough made by MightyBoxer to see where you need to go. Use Ctrl + F and type the English name of the last city you have passed to see what you need to do in there.
Link for guide: https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/76529-storyline-guide-kanto-hoenn-sinnoh-unova-complete-walkthrough-all-items-hidden-items/

Q: My mons simply faint instantly when battle start/My mons can't pass from X level, what happened?
A: This is your level cap. Check trainer card pressing "C"(On computer) or in Menu(Mobile) and you can see it. If your mon is below level cap , he will obey you and he will not pass level cap, until it rise. Until that, all XP that the mon gains will be stored and will raise their level when level cap rises. If you get a mon above your level cap, on first turn that he are on field, he will ignore orders, hurt himself and faint. Remember: Each region tracks your level cap separated. So isn't because you have 7 Badges on Sinnoh that a lvl 36 mon will obey you on Kanto when you had 0 badges. Also, the level cap on PokéMMO IGNORES COMPLETY OT, so if you had a mon above level cap, he will faint itself NOT MATTERING if have you OT or not.

---< Chatting Questions>---

Spoiler

Q: How i can use Global chat and Global Trade Link? 
A: You need 2 Badges for use Global Chat and 4 badges for Global Trade Link.

Q: I can sell my mons/items or other things for In-game currency?
A: Yes, but:
 - Only in-game things for only In-game money. Selling things outside of game from In-game currency, or mons/items for real money, is considered RMT and can lead to a BAN. Exception are Forum art shops, that sell signatures and logos for been used on this forum, for in-game currency. Ask with some player that already works with that to see what you can offer and what you can't on those type of shop
 - In-game, you aren't allowed to do it on Global chat, must go to Trade Chat, and you can negotiate on whisper.

Q: Can i ask free items and mons on Global chat?
A: Yes, but is highly reccomended that you DON'T DO THAT, especially if you're from PT Chat. Some players don't like it and can complain about. On PT chat are more frequent cases of players asking for things, so in there player have less patience.

Q: I can do PokéMMO livestreams and disclose the Livestreams, discords and/or youtube channels?
A: Yes, you can do PokéMMO livestreams/video and monetize they. If wants to disclose in-game, only rule is that you must wait 5 minutes to disclose again.  Discords aren't allowed to be disclosed, except if are from a PokéMMO Community. 

---<Code of Conduct Clarifications>---

Spoiler

Q: I can have more than one account?
A: The only limit on accounts is that you aren't allowed to log with two accounts at same time on same device, but you can have the amount of accounts that you want.
In short:

• Having Multiple Accounts: Allowed.
  • Having Multiple Characters on one Account: Allowed.
  • Having Multiple Accounts running on separate devices at same time: Allowed.
  • Having Multiple Accounts running on same device at same time: Forbidden.
  • Having one account running at multiple devices: Forbidden
  • Having one account running at multiple instances on same device: Forbidden

Q: I can be Banned because of trade with friends, mail items beetween accounts?
A: No. You will not get banned for a regular trade, or mail things beetween your accounts. There isn't any problem on do that. This is a common excuse that players banned by RMT(Real Money Trading) do, and usually is to don't admit the real reason of ban.

Q: I can use Bots/Macros?

A: Depends. If you're using for the "Twitch Community Event" when the chat controls a single character, on this case and only on this case, using a bot are allowed. If you use to any other thing, can lead to ban.

Q: I can use a Phone Emulator on PC/PC emulator on Phone to load PokéMMO?

A: No. This are bannable. You will receive small bans if use one and they will be higher until you get permabanned. Probablly reason is because PokéMMO doesn't cost too much memory and are compatible and connected to other platforms(If you're on desktop you can download desktop version and you can see mobile players on game as long as you're on same channel of who you're trying to find), so you don't need to use emulators to load, so it's to avoid you to use emulators with some "buttons buffers" present on they, to press some button infinitely

Q: How i can get XYZ rom?
A: Is against the code of conduct we say it publicity, you need to search it by yourself. We are not forbidden for helping you, but we can't do it in forums, MMO official discord server, or in-game, only on private.

Q: Is there a way to convert Real Life money on In-game money?

A: There is only one legitimale way to do it: You buy Reward Points with Real-life money, buy RP Vouchers, Vanitys or other things on Gift Shop, and sell them for In-game currency. Any other way that you try to do to convert real money on In-game money can and will be met with a permanent ban.

---<Punishment-Related Questions>---

Spoiler

Q: A player are violating Y rule, what i can do?
A: You must report on https://support.pokemmo.eu , submit a ticket from player report and select type of report. If he/she are breaking a small rule, is recommended that you don't report it when it does. First, try to explain that what he/she are doing is against the rules. Some rules aren't explicity in-game or in code of conduct, so most likely he/she aren't aware of rule. If he/she persists on breaking rule, then you report.

Q: I got banned from Z reasons, what i can do?

A: If the ban are of a few days, you need to wait ban ends. If are a permanent ban, you can appeal it at https://support.pokemmo.eu , submit a Ban appeal ticket. You can only appeal once. If got approved, you can log back. If got denied, well, you lose your account. If are denied, check the appeal answer. If says that any new account that you create will be banned regardless if you break a rule on it , or not, well, you can open the store of your phone(Apple Store or Google Play) and search other game to play, because you aren't allowed to play pokemmo anymore. If they don't say that, you can create other account and play again if you want. If you don't appeal a ban in 6 months, it can't be appealed anymore.
Remember to be patient. If you have appealed and they didn't answer you, wait a answer. POST HERE DON'T SPEED UP PROCESS, AND THEY DON'T ACCEPT APPEALS THAT ARE MADE BY ANY OTHER WAY THAN SENDING A TICKET OF BAN APPEAL. Be patient, and don't waste the time of our staffs.

---<Technical Issues>---

Spoiler

Q: I found a bug on game, what i can do?
A: Go to https://support.pokemmo.eu/ and create a bug report ticket. Give details about the bug.

Q: Got stuck onto a impossible place, can't move from here!
A: Type /unstuck and wait two minutes. You will be teleported to first city of the region that you are.

---<Common Doubts>---

Spoiler

Q: I want to get assistance on teambuild for competitive
A: Go to Competitive Alley >>> Competitive Assistance. 

Q: If i think something is clearly broken on a X tier/format and have some thoughs about it, what i can do?
A: Best you can do first is talk about the mon that you think that are broken. This are complex a lot and i recommend to you read some articles about tiering etiquette to you know how you must create a discussion of a mon. Then you need to go to discussion thread to bring a mon under discussion, and the one that you would go depends of metagaming you're playing. If is OU/UU/NU/Doubles/Randoms, then you go to their respective thread. If are from LC, go to Clubs Subforum and search the Little Cup Club, join it to be aware of LC rules and discuss there about LC metagaming. If are on any gimmick format, like 1v1, Monotype, Untiered... you go to Unofficial Formats discussion thread(Make sure that the format you're looking are there.)

Q: Why i receive the pop-up warning "This pokemon is too timid to get out of their pokeball" when trying to put my mon as a follower?
A: Part of mons didn't have Overworld Sprites so they can't get out of their ball. You need of Gen 5 Follower Sprites mod to get him. Later i will let link embed.

Q: How alpha spawns in overworld?
A: They spawn once per in-game day, so alphas would appear beetween 00:00 - 06:00 , 06:00 - 12:00 , 12:00 - 18:00 and 18:00 - 24:00. All those times matching to UTC 0, you need to convert onto your timezone the hours to know what hours a alpha can be avaliable. Alphas keep for 75 minutes, and the species that come are random, based on a pre-determined list, and all have same chance of appear with exception of Ditto. Ditto have a importance on breeding so it chance are bigger than other alphas(Confirmed by Rache, one of Admins of the game.)
Event alphas non-linked to the event, like Salamence, can appear on normal rotation.

Q: Where i can post a Screenshot of something on MMO? 

A: Depends heavily of Screenshot:

- If are from Shiny founded(and most likely sucessfully captured), go to the most recent Shiny Existance Thread(I'm saying most recent because when you're reading this, 5th life of shiny existance thread maybe had been closed and a new one could be created.)

- If is a Visual Bug, you can go to this thread on multimedia Section: https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/6409-screenshot-post-your-visual-bugs-here/ .

- If are from a RNG moment(Like triple crit or RNG trolling you), go to this thread: https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/148787-screenshots-rng-moments-megathread/#comment-1924128

- If are from a Calc error bug(Like dmg too high/too low than calcs showns) , you can go to this thread: https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/148135-bugs-calcs-errors/

- If are from any other thing on MMO, you can just go in this thread: https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/10313-screenshot-general-screenshot-megathread/

---<Changes by developers>---

Spoiler

Those changes has been made in this game for the sake of balancing or to reflect generation changes. If you don't understand why XYZ of the following situations happens, then there is the reason:

Generation Mechanic Changes:

• Teleport: -6 Priority, allows you to Switch out after being used. (Changed on Gen 😎
  • Rapid Spin: 50 Base power, +1 Speed and removes Hazards and Leech Seed. (Changed on Gen 8)
  • All recovery moves: 8 PP only (Changed on Gen 9)
  • Movesets: Updated to Gen 9 - DLC I,  but: 
    • No Fairy-type attack.
    • No move created after Generation 6(Example: Nuzzle)
    • No move has been removed(No mon that has acess to Hidden Power or Scald, for example, lost it)
  • Abilitys: Updated to Gen 9 - DLC I
    • If an ability is removed, there is also removed(Levitate Gengar, now gets Cursed Body)
    • If an ability is created, there will be created, maybe with an different name, maybe not(Reactive Gas Weezing(The original name is Neutralizing Gas, but the name is the only change, the effect is the same) for example, there is Wind Rider Shiftry also added)
  • Mechanics: Updated to Gen 9 - DLC I
    • Weather lasts 5 turns, 8 with the corresponding stone that extends it
    • Hail doesn't exist in PokéMMO anymore, it was been replaced with Snow(Same effects as Gen 9)

Custom Balancing Changes:

• Shedinja: Wonder Guard during non-PvP battles will have their effect nullified after 2 attacks. This effect is not applied on a PvP battlle.
  • Shadow Tag: On both PvE and PvP battles, Shadow Tag will suppress it's own effect after 3 turns. 
  • Baton Pass: On both PvE and PvP battles, Baton Pass won't pass any stat changes, such as +1 Atk , +3 Speed, or -2 Sp. Def.
  • Sharpness: Sharpness raises the power of Slicing moves by 1,4x(Original Games: Boost is 1,5x)
  • Garchomp: It doesn't have acess to Swords Dance, it was removed from their learnpool.
  • Outrage: Retained it's Gen 3 Version(90 Base Power)
  • Knock Off: Retained it's Gen 4 Version(20 Base Power)
  • Struggle: In PvE, you can't use it more than 6 times in a row, if you manages to do so, your mon faints due to exaustion every time it goes to field, until you heal in a pokémon center.
  • Bag Items: In PvE battles you can only use 4 items per battle vs most of the NPCs. 
  • Red's Fight: Red intimidates weak pokémons, so any pokemon lvl 50 or lower cannot attack. Also, no Bag Items for both, and Red's pokemons violate the turn rules and uses an attack once they step on the field.
  • X Items: You can only use two X items in a pokemon, and the counts reset if you take an effect that clean your stat changes, such as Purification+(On Ho-oh's Boss fight), Haze or Clear Smog.
  • Legendarys and Mythicals: Most part of Legendarys and Mythicals are unobtainable. 10 of them is able to be catched by people: Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Keldeo, Arceus, Lugia, Zekrom, Shaymin-Land, Suicune, Raikou and Entei. And you can fight vs more 2: Ho-oh and Giratina. 
    • First five are all KOTH legendarys, and are not permanent.
    • Zekrom is there for helping you against N and Ghetsis on the Unova Elite 4, after that he becames an decoration for your room, unable to be used. 
    • Shaymin-Land can only be obtained on the Lunar New year, cannot be changed to Sky Form, and are permanent. 
    • Suicune, Raikou and Entei are roaming legendarys that appears on the Johto Region. They alternate themselves every month, and for each month there is one and only one to be caught. They're also permanent.
    • Ho-oh and Giratina aren't catchable, but together with Shiny Gyarados(Lake of Rage, Johto) , that became Shiny Alpha Gyarados on PokéMMO, are the bossfights of this game. Giratina and Shiny Alpha Gyarados cannot be rematched, but Ho-oh can, once every 7 days in real Life.
  • Bossfights: Are fights vs Boss Pokémon, and there is several changes compared with the regular battles.
    • There is only 5 battles against bosses: Ho-oh, Giratina, Shiny Alpha Gyarados, Pumpking(Halloween only) and "The Original You"(Anniversary Only) 
    • Ho-oh and the Pumpking uses an Protective Battle at start of the fight, reducing the incoming damage.
    • True Damage, such as Seismic toss, is Halved and capped at 10% of the boss's health.
    • All damage is hard-capped at 29,1%.
    • They all has custom attacks and abilitys, such as new attacks exclusive to them(Examples: Purification+ , Confusing Dreams, Fight Together) and "Plus" versions of existing ones(Example: Giga Drain+ , Sacred Fire+ , Earth Power+, Sky Drop+ ...)that can have additional effects. I won't explain each one because it are too long the list, but mentioning rapid examples(Giga Drain+ attacks all adjacent mons, Sacred Fire+ if lands, create an permanent sea of fire, that gives 1/8 of dmg every turn to mons that are not Fire-type)
      *Note: I use + to represent a "plus" attack, but in Game they appear with a Star Icon instead of +. 
    • Some moves fail vs them, like Endeavor for example.
    • Taunt prevents them to use status moves, however on the turn they gets taunted, they forcedly attack and their attack has 1,5x power. Taunt can fail 50% of the time too.
    • Some moves like taunt and follow me can work but has a chance of failing.

Edited by caioxlive13
1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

- Who is better for Pay day farming on overall(Covers more locations in a efficient way): Meowth or Munchlax?

Depends on your usage. Reference the below guide to see what all you want to use it for. I also included hordes you can pay day with munchlax and a leveling strat for meowth. 

- How i can pass wish to a Eevee Alpha?

I referenced Bestfriend's egg move index which I will also link below. Looking at his guide, these seem like the only current options:

• Hypno (BP) → Spinda → Eevee
  • Ralts (BP) → Spinda → Eevee
  • Kirlia (BP) → Spinda → Eevee
  • Gardevoir (Lv. 28) → Spinda → Eevee
  • Gallade (BP) → Spinda → Eevee

- Train pokémon to sell are worthy?

Yeah, but depends on the pokemon, how much time you're putting in, and if you want to do something else. gym runs give you better yen for the time you put in. 

2 minutes ago, DragoTamer said:

I referenced Bestfriend's egg move index which I will also link below. Looking at his guide, these seem like the only current options:

• Hypno (BP) → Spinda → Eevee
  • Ralts (BP) → Spinda → Eevee
  • Kirlia (BP) → Spinda → Eevee
  • Gardevoir (Lv. 28) → Spinda → Eevee
  • Gallade (BP) → Spinda → Eevee

okay, the fact that i need a Spinda broke me 100%. Simply the most expensive Alpha of GTL

Edited by caioxlive13
1 hour ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Isn't it because you can skillswap contrary to other alphas? 

Yes, but it's also a Field/Humanoid breeder, which makes it breedable with a large chunk of pokemon (you can even use it for Monster egg group breeding by cross breeding with a Monster/Field pokemon, since a lot of Field pokemon are also in the Monster Egg group), so it can be used for "3" egg group breedings. If I'm saying something stupid anyone feel free to correct me

8 hours ago, OGQT said:

Yes, but it's also a Field/Humanoid breeder, which makes it breedable with a large chunk of pokemon (you can even use it for Monster egg group breeding by cross breeding with a Monster/Field pokemon, since a lot of Field pokemon are also in the Monster Egg group), so it can be used for "3" egg group breedings. If I'm saying something stupid anyone feel free to correct me

Yea, he have this breeding utility but their main , and thay's why he are the 4th more expensive alpha(Behind Squirtle, Charmander and Bulba's trees), is Skill Swap + Contrary, to catching alphas without they buffing itself.

Also, Ditto is more important to breed than Spinda. Spinda's main utility is chainbreed Egg moves but most part of alpha mons don't use Egg moves(some dont even get used LOL). ditto is useful to breed alphas and get better IVs, but it can be used to non-alpha breeds(since it's far more easy to get a 5x31 Alpha ditto than a 5x31 regular ditto.)

Edited by caioxlive13
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New question: A few time ago i go on my neighbor house and noticed he had a Wireless Keyboard(With a small joystick and mousepad). I would search to it to buy one to me. The question is: Use this type of Keyboard is acceptable or aren't allowed?

(I will not be a hipocrit. Prefer to use this thread instead of create a new. Also waiting answer to the other 2 questions).

On 1/23/2023 at 6:19 PM, caioxlive13 said:

Q: If i think something is clearly broken on a X tier/format and have some thoughs about it, what i can do?
A: Best you can do first is talk about the mon that you think that are broken. This are complex a lot and i recommend to you read some articles about tiering etiquette to you know how you must create a discussion of a mon. Then you need to go to discussion thread to bring a mon under discussion, and the one that you would go depends of metagaming you're playing. If is OU/UU/NU/Doubles, then you go to their respective thread. If are from LC, go to Clubs Subforum and search the Little Cup Club, join it to be aware of LC rules and discuss there about LC metagaming. If are on any gimmick format, like 1v1, Monotype, Untiered... you go to Unofficial Formats discussion thread(Make sure that the format you're looking are there.)

lMAOOFDAfsdOFosedFsdfsdf s

On 2/26/2023 at 7:50 AM, KaynineXL said:

A lot of great questions answered there caiox. Good job!

Thanks. To put the questions, i've just picking some questions that people ask a lot on forums and asked frequently on Global. In general, only simple questions that if a people would create a post it would be useless after being answered, and moderators would have to waste some time after just sending they to trash. With this post, they write questions here and wait a answer

No need to lock thread after answer and deleting it, and avoiding those type of post flooding the forum.

Still need to place more questions on OP like: 

- How i can use a Signature on forums?

- Why eggs didn't generate after i left hours my mons on daycare?(Breed works different, ik how it works, but need to clarify to beginners that didn't know.) 

- How i can collect Volcanic Ash?

- Why i've seen some people using moves on some mons, only avaliable on gen 6+ movesets(e. g. Shell Smash Blastoise?)

- Have the roms but how i can load it on game?

And other smaller questions that people would do.

6 hours ago, overlydramatic said:

is there any actual re-match indicator for the Hoen region? guessing not

Nope. And most part of people don't care because hoenn is by far the worst region possible to do trainer rematches, because the best NPCs are or in Aquatic Routes or in Victory Road, so 75% of all money you earn, you'll need to spend on repel and don't using repel on hoenn routes is ask to waste time with Wild Encounters. People only do Gym Rematches there.

Edited by caioxlive13
7 hours ago, overlydramatic said:

is there a forum post with like a "best possible recommended team for each regions story line elite 4" complete with move-sets and held items? You know for super noobs like myself

Well, anything not super mememaker like Physical Alakazam/Gengar can work. I've beaten game only with the mons given/traded with NPCs, so everything is possible.

Better/Recomended teams  doesn't had posts because people beat with any trash team.

Edited by caioxlive13
7 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Well, anything not super mememaker like Physical Alakazam/Gengar can work. I've beaten game only with the mons given/traded with NPCs, so everything is possible.

Better/Recomended teams  doesn't had posts because people beat with any trash team.

my team must be great then, cause I havnt managed to beat it lol

1 hour ago, overlydramatic said:

I finally have access to all 4 regions, and was wondering, whats the best place to level up fast?

Hoenn battle frontier, Temtacruel horde(10 Sp. Def EVs/Horde)

Exp. Gain: 3000/Horde(Assuming 1 exp. share)

Best move to kill this horde: Earthquake.

Recommend you to train EVs before lvl up.

Some hordes give more Exp. but they're not too worth because they're too far from pokecenter.

Edited by caioxlive13
2 hours ago, overlydramatic said:

I finally have access to all 4 regions, and was wondering, whats the best place to level up fast?

Unova Route 12 against Rapidash. 

Closer to a Pokemon Center compared to Tentacruel, Leave the Pokemon Center in Lacunosa Town and cycle left. 

These will also give 10 Speed EV's per horde.