Lunar New Year 2023 FAQ

Damian

Hello, as usual many players are asking the same / similar questions so I thought I would consolidate common answers into a single thread to save repeating myself.

Q. What is with this event? What's happening?

A. There are two primary components to the event, a PvE hunting game similar to the Christmas 2022 event's lost presents and the PvPvE instance game normally associated with the LNY event. I will break this FAQ into two sections based on each one.

Tablet Hunter

Q. What is a tablet / what do I do with this tablet?

A. Collecting 12 tablets of the same type will allow you to interact with a corresponding pillar of light and obtain an exclusive Alpha which may have the seasonal particle on it.

Q. What is this pillar of light?

A. Interact with the correct pillar of light after obtaining 12 of the same tablet to battle the corresponding alpha. There is one pillar per zodiac sign for a total of 12 pillars, plus a special one in Floaroma Town Sinnoh.

Q. Do I call out pillars when I see them?

A. No, the locations for these are fixed and all known at this point. Refer to @Elizn's list:

Q. Where can I find the tablets?

A. Tablets spawn randomly in the overworld. There are 3 locations per cycle per region, but you can only obtain 3 tablets per cycle across all regions. A cycle lasts 20 mins, so if you've obtained 3 tablets in the last 20 mins or so, others will be invisible to you. The tablet you obtain from any given location is of a random type.

Q. Please provide excruciating detail on tablet spawn mechanics?

A. Each region has some set of locations in which a tablet can spawn. Once every ~20 real-time minutes, a new cycle of tablet spawns will begin. From all possible spawn locations, 3 will be selected per region in which a tablet can spawn, and the item will then appear in the overworld. During this 20 minute timeframe, you can visit any of the 12 (3 per region) tablet locations to obtain a maximum of 3 tablets across all regions. After this, for the remainder of that 20 minute period, no other tablets will appear for you. It will seem as though they have not spawned, the pokeball will not be visible in the overworld. After the 20 minute period ends, a new cycle will begin, with new locations in each region, and you may obtain 3 more tablets. There is no way to tell whether you have collected 3 tablets within the current cycle other than by observing whether or not a particular location has a tablet for you.

Q. What does a tablet look like?

A. Tablets appear as sparkling pokeballs on the ground, like an item you'd pick up during the story.

Q. Where are the pillars of light / What alpha do I get from each pillar?

A. Please refer to this helpful list consolidated by user @BhenAKA YameteeKudasai:

Q. How do I obtain Shaymin?

A. Capture all 12 zodiac alphas listed above to collect 12x Dead Flower. Then, interact with the pillar of light in Floaroma Meadow and Shaymin will be given to you.

Q. Can I do thing X with Shaymin / Can Shaymin be HA or shiny or alpha or have the particle or etc.?
A. All info I have on Shaymin was helpfully collected by @Edwardinho and is available here:

Q. Can I reattempt catching the zodiac alpha if I fail? Do I have to reobtain all the tablets?

A. You can apparently reattempt the capture and don't need to recollect the tablets.

Abundant Shrine challenge

Q. How do I play the event?

A. Interact with the fortune teller NPC in Celadon (Kanto), Slateport (Hoenn), Hearthome (Sinnoh) or Nacrene (Unova). If you're solo, you'll be queued to be matched with other players, since the event requires a team. If you're in a link already, all your link members have to interact with the NPC (doesn't need to be the same region) and you'll be dropped in together.

Q. What do I do / how do I win?

A. Possess pokemon from the starting house and collect them at the shrine as you defeat the waves. Every so often you'll have to defeat a boss challenge as well. The waves and bosses get progressively more difficult as they go on.

Q. How do I get lucky red envelopes?

A. Defeat at least 3 bosses during the instance

Q. How do I leave the instance?

A. Interact with the traffic cone at the starting house/shrine

2 hours ago, FMdaVP said:

Onde estão os 12 locais do tablet? São difíceis de encontrar lá.

12 hours ago, IaraLuv said:

Could we know, if possible, how long are the cooldowns for each person's personal tablets? Several people accuse each other of "fake calls" and there's just so much chaos going on. Knowing how the cooldown system works would help dispel doubts.

The location changes every 20 minutes, you can get three tables in that amount of time. I recommend seeing the Global chat, it is possible that they are saying table locations there.

A localização muda a cada 20 minutos, você pode obter três mesas nesse período de tempo. Recomendo ver o chat Global, é possível que estejam dizendo localizações de mesas lá.

Hola ya tengo los 12 alfas capturados y comenze sinnoh hasta llegar a pueblo aromaflor,lo puedo invocar sin completar a toda la región?

On 25/1/2023 at 9:49, Edwardinho said:

La ubicación cambia cada 20 minutos, puedes conseguir tres mesas en esa cantidad de tiempo. Recomiendo ver el chat Global, es posible que ahí estén diciendo ubicaciones de mesas.

A localização muda a cada 20 minutos, você pode obter três mesas nesse período de tempo. Recomendado ver o chat Global, é possível que estejam dizendo localizações de mesas lá.

Hola ya tengo los 12 alfas capturados y comenze sinnoh hasta llegar a pueblo aromaflor,lo puedo invocar sin completar a toda la región?

On 1/27/2023 at 6:15 AM, xXZeRoXx899 said:

Hola ya tengo los 12 alfas capturados y comenze sinnoh hasta llegar a pueblo aromaflor,lo puedo invocar sin completar a toda la región?

Hola ya tengo los 12 alfas capturados y comenze sinnoh hasta llegar a pueblo aromaflor,lo puedo invocar sin completar a toda la región?

No, debes vencer a 3 líderes de gimnasio.

• 1 month later...