The difference in power is real (Well well well)

I wonder what's changed?
oh? look at all these change logs, this'll take forever to read through and I've got all this work to do too. Luckily our Mayor has that handled, I can figure that out while I work.
its quite a long time since I've last logged on forums, plenty of the older generation will remember me. The newer ones will likely just wonder what this topic is about and who is this guy?

Well the purpose of this topic is to discuss the difference in power.

power? wait pokes? no that's not right that goes in the comp ally...

this isn't the right place.

NO NO NO

I meant the difference in real power 

KNOWLEDGE-

See everything in this game competitively and even upper management speaking comes down to knowledge of the game and utilities and how it works this includes the daily function of how everything operates.

No this isn't a need for a tutorial or guide of the game in any sense,

Any form of tips that could be put on another thread

No this is an open discussion on older generation players and newer generation players coming together in a place to discuss secrets of the game knowledge general information both known and unknown the journey to power per se; further more I'm interested in hearing from everyone I know and even new faces.

The questions-

if you were to be completely destroyed as a player and start all from new with all the knowledge you have now and no access to any old friends or old items,

how would you reintroduce yourself to the game? How would you gather knowledge? Forums? Teams? Videos?

Both competitively speaking

What and where would you focus on? 

Shiny hunter speaking?

Where would you start your shiny hunting quest? Paint me a picture of what your journey looks like.

and even the ambitious hungry community helpers who desire to assist others by all needs

how would you go about gathering knowledge?

As for the newer players tell me about how this wonderful experience has been, what great insight can you drop on us older players. Have you had the chance to attend the community events? That Our wonderful staff have been creating. Are you keeping up with current news on forums or on Roy rogers news? 

Feel free to answer one or all depending on the type of player you are.

I wonder what end game content is leaning towards and where this wonderful games journey will take us.

P.S to all staff I hope everyone's well

Its been quite a long time my good friends and former co workers. Hopefully you can leave this unlocked in general discussion and not move it. 

I hope I didn't break any new rules lol. Also can you not alter my title.

Edited by Jerryzoo
  • Jerryzoo changed the title to The difference in power is real (Well well well)
11 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I've reached on this game on 2020. Please tell me who is him, that i legit don't know.

@Jerryzoo has a pretty esteemed record here on PokeMMO.

1. He led 3 competitive teams and some of his former teammates are competitive household names of today.

2. (This is more personal) He was a co-host for my YouTube ventures throughout the years.

3. He was there for me during my first days as Mayor. Advising me on how to better help the Community as a whole.

4. He joined the Staff Team to help the Community even further.

5. (This is also personal) He helped me with production decisions at the time.

He is one of the most charitable players here on PokeMMO.

2 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

1. He led 3 competitive teams and some of his former teammates are competitive household names of today.

2. (This is more personal) He was a co-host for my YouTube ventures throughout the years.

3. He was there for me during my first days as Mayor. Advising me on how to better help the Community as a whole.

Okay, Thanks to informing me.

Welcome back Jerryzoo!

32 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

If he's so charitable where's my 100M pokeyen? Jk jk wb Jerry

4 hours ago, Jerryzoo said:

The questions-

if you were to be completely destroyed as a player and start all from new with all the knowledge you have now and no access to any old friends or old items,

how would you reintroduce yourself to the game? How would you gather knowledge? Forums? Teams? Videos?

Shiny hunter speaking?

Where would you start your shiny hunting quest? Paint me a picture of what your journey looks like.

and even the ambitious hungry community helpers who desire to assist others by all needs

As for the newer players tell me about how this wonderful experience has been, what great insight can you drop on us older players. Have you had the chance to attend the community events? our wonderful staff have been creating? Are you keeping up with current news on forums or on Roy rogers news? 

I wonder what end game content is learning towards and where this wonderful games journey will take us.

I love you all lol, but can you guys post adding to my actual questions? 

if you want to comment a thanks just shoot me a reaction but yes great hearing from all of you.

Now give me some juicy comments to read yums.

I'd very much enjoy reading this.

Edited by Jerryzoo
3 minutes ago, Jerryzoo said:

I love you all lol, but can you guys post with helping my actual questions? 

if you want to comment a thanks just shoot me a reaction but yes great hearing from all of you.

Now give me some juicy comments to read yums.

I'd very much enjoy reading this.

The questions-

For educational purposes, I would like to answer this question in case someone who is a newer player reads this.

1. That is simple, I would start by reading the guides published on forums as well as the Support Page @Teddi has set up.

2. Once that is done, I would try to figure out how to make in game revenue while building connections.

3. From my experience, starting up a service is an excellent way to make revenue while establishing connections (I can level up my Swampert starter to 100 while teaching it Surf and Earthquake for spread moves).

4. Once that is done, I would try to join a reputable team and become their personal EV Trainer or Leveler.

5. I would very politely ask the team if I can loan some gym comps. If they all say no, then I keep working and saving. However, if they say yes, then I try to build more wealth to buy or breed Gym Comps. This could coincide with my EV Training or Leveling business.

6. Once I make enough wealth to make my own personal Gym Team, I retire the EV Training or Leveling service.

7. While doing Gym Rematches, I try to look up valuations for items.

8. I try to learn how to flip items on the Global Trade Link.

9. Then, I can retire the Gym Rematches to flip on the Global Trade Link every few hours.

10. I can pursue the Dream of either PvP or Shiny Hunting.

Spoiler

I should note that personally, I am not at number 7 yet. Number 6 has been fulfilled.

15 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

For educational purposes, I would like to answer this question in case someone who is a newer player reads this.

1. That is simple, I would start by reading the guides published on forums as well as the Support Page @Teddi has set up.

2. Once that is done, I would try to figure out how to make in game revenue while building connections.

3. From my experience, starting up a service is an excellent way to make revenue while establishing connections (I can level up my Swampert starter to 100 while teaching it Surf and Earthquake for spread moves).

4. Once that is done, I would try to join a reputable team and become their personal EV Trainer or Leveler.

5. I would very politely ask the team if I can loan some gym comps. If they all say no, then I keep working and saving. However, if they say yes, then I try to build more wealth to buy or breed Gym Comps. This could coincide with my EV Training or Leveling business.

6. Once I make enough wealth to make my own personal Gym Team, I retire the EV Training or Leveling service.

7. While doing Gym Rematches, I try to look up valuations for items.

8. I try to learn how to flip items on the Global Trade Link.

9. Then, I can retire the Gym Rematches to flip on the Global Trade Link every few hours.

10. I can pursue the Dream of either PvP or Shiny Hunting.

Hide contents

I should note that personally, I am not at number 7 yet. Number 6 has been fulfilled.

Very insightful @Bestfriends I wonder who else can answer my questions.

The questions-

Shiny hunter speaking?

As for the newer players tell me about how this wonderful experience has been, what great insight can you drop on us older players. Have you had the chance to attend the community events? our wonderful staff have been creating? Are you keeping up with current news on forums or on Roy rogers news? 

I wonder what end game content is learning towards and where this wonderful games journey will take us.

First of all, welcome back!

Second of all, I'll just share my story since it's basically a real-life application of the prompt. I used to play back in 2013, and came back in 2021. My friends list had maybe 1 person who had logged on since 2016, the rest of it looked like a desert. My assets could be summed up with a level 100 Pay Day Persian, and 100k.

Between 2013 and 2020, I've become a VGC player, a relatively successful one at that. For a quick background of my VGC experience at that point, my PSL 14 signup covers it:

First thing I did was look for relevant guides on the forums: namely breeding, money-making, and doubles-related guides (Rakhmaninov's and OrangeManiac's mainly) in order to get a quick glance at what the meta looks like.

I originally started going through Hoenn (a mistake in hindsight, I think that going through Unova first to unlock the Mistralton plots and start Lum farming would've been the best way to go) to play through the content in the near-decade hiatus I took. Once I came close to completing Hoenn, I started looking for teams that I could join to help me get started with pvp. One of the issues that I ran into at first was the fact that most pvp teams said for their applications that they wanted to do an in-game tryout before accepting people, and since I was too poor still to get myself a team, my options were limited. I did end up finding a team eventually however, and they managed to help me start to get the ball rolling.

I ended up being the player with the best doubles fundamentals upon joining, but it was still something that was very useful for me because having teammates that had been playing for a while helped a lot with info that I wouldn't have otherwise such as:
-Confirmation on mechanics when I wasn't sure if a certain mechanic was following gen 5 or gen 8

-The moveset differences between MMO and canon

-Which players that I should look out for/study to better understand this meta

-Other ways to make money that aren't necessarily covered in guides (events or investments)

-Getting access through other practice methods than ladder (that's practically dead) or tours (which always happened during my work hours or when I was sleeping)

Once I was done with Hoenn, I ended up going through Unova as quickly as I could to get ready to start farming Lum Berries (other berries are better in the long run, but Lums are more efficient when starting out since you sell them to Pokemart so you don't need a cash cushion to keep farming consistently). I eventually finished Sinnoh not too long before Halloween since I was told that clearing every region helps a lot for events (and I wasn't lied to). Once that was done, I didn't really take time to do gym reruns like most people recommended, because the money/time invested heavily rewards berry farming, and I personally used my time until I had the funds to get my first team to study ladder matches and past tournaments.

That was basically the gist of it. After a week to a week and a half tops, I already figured out a team that I wanted to build that felt very strong on paper, got feedback that I completely ignored, and had a team carried my ass until some of the newer releases heavily nerfed the team. Overall, I'd say that my priorities mostly worked for me, and the only difference I would've made if I didn't have solid fundamentals already for pvp would've been to wait longer to have a bit more money and game time so I would've been able to be more picky on which team to join, because you would learn much quicker in a team where a lot of people know what they're doing. I knew I didn't really need much support so I knew that I could afford to be less picky since most of the relevant info I needed were things I needed to get started in general, not to get better at battling.

welcome back Jerry, I love you.

If I was starting over from scratch, I would spend a couple days researching the GTL and getting myself comfortable with the prices of different pokemon, natures, genders, stats, etc.. Then I would figure out what has the best margins and work in supplying that. All the while monitoring new listings for deals that are >=25% underlisted for easy flip money.

I’d also create a few pokemon that would help me tackle gym leader rematches, as that’s a solid source of income.

Then I’d once again realize I’m bored and quit again for a few years. Then come back and find out my limited vanities made me more money passively than I could have ever hoped to actively make lol.

18 hours ago, Jerryzoo said:

Shiny hunter speaking?

Welcome back Jerry! I sent you a DM with some GTL sales I used to do in the past that earned me some nice profit.

I think I can give some decent answers to your shunting and endgame content questions!

Shunting

While I am not a shunter myself, my recent smeargle guide has made me aware of how versatile smeargles are when shunting niche shinies such as hoppip with rage powder and memento, cofagrigus with grudge and curse, etc. I would highly recommend checking the level in which you would encounter pokemon during horde and single shunts, check GTL for those levels, look at the moveset, and prepare accordingly. If it's a Cofagrigus that is being shunted, you could prepare a smeargle with imprison, curse, grudge, and night shade. Night shade is very helpful in this instance because Cofagrigus's lowest HP is above 100. For hoppip, you can opt for pay day over night shade to get a little extra yen and try to catch the shiny at full HP unless there's another plan. Again, i'm not a professional shunter and this is something to keep in mind for those wanting to start out with harder horde/single shunts. Another note is that zorua shunts have gotten easier since Weezing's  additional ability, reactive gas, was implemented so zorua's illusion is broken.

There are new particles that were released and one of note for endgame content for shiny hunters is the secret shiny particle

Endgame content

I'm primarily a PvE player so I focus a lot on endgame content and PvE aspects as a whole.

I'll start with legendaries. @BrokenBulbcreated and continues to refine this amazing guide: https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/81062-legendary-pokemon-guide/. One thing I would add is that I preferred to use Heracross with the swarm ability to attract more wild pokemon while running around with the repel trick. Nowadays, legendary hunters in the individual regions have a line-up system for the most part where they will share the legendary pokemon so that everyone can enjoy the BP and the dex entry.

Completing the pokedex. Sometime last year, alphas were introduced. Alphas are a way to introduce Hidden Abilities and without getting into the think of it as there is a phenomenal guide which I link at the end of this, the primary purpose in writing this section is to talk about hidden abilities on starters. There are these patches that were introduced after alphas were introduced which work on your starter pokemon, except the torchic line atm. You can obtain one patch per region per character after completing that region's owned pokedex entries. if you started in sinnoh with a grass starter, you would receive a grass patch for example. On top of this, certain alpha pokemon were released in areas of regions you could only access by completing more of story, the seen dex in sinnoh, etc. which was a great move to push players to work more on story and general region access. Ultimately, completing the pokedex and the introduction of alphas spurred more players to pursue exploring different areas of regions they otherwise may not have visited. This alpha guide was creaetd by @Biquetahttps://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/150680-simply-explained-alphas-and-alpha-hordes-generalities/

There was a surge in selling 2012 pokemon that began last year I believe so players focused on completing a collection of all pokemon from 2012. There is also a living dex collection.

In terms of regions and areas, Anville Town was recently unlocked for players to visit (Unova), and you can find a rare candy and ultra ball there. Johto is expected to come this spring so many players are excited for that and are preparing in different ways.

Mythical pokemon. Shaymin was recently released in this Lunar New Year through the tablet function. It remains to be seen how other mythical pokemon will be implemented. Here is a link to the official info about Shaymin created by @Edwardinho https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/154341-shaymin-official-information/

Battle frontier challenges. Players come together to hos community wide challenges. There was recently a long-standing challenge for the MMO community in battle factory and I believe the challenge took a few months, but someone successfully accomplished it

Ditto catching. A new guide which I love was created by @Clararecently and involves using a sneasel with assist and parasect. I will link it at the end of this section. Ditto box prices recently rose from I believe 180Kish last year to around 220K-240K. https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/149075-ditto-farming-guides-one of the fastest way/

Ribbons for pokemon have become more popular as of late and the most comprehensive guide about to date was written by @Bestfriends. https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/152369-pokemmo-ribbon-assistance/

Collecting legendary moves. There are 17 at the moment so that's a fun task to accomplish. If you want to take a look, I listed them in the smeargle guide in guide tavern in a way where you could pair adamant/modest nature with the smeargles and have a variety of move types. https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/154451-the-smeargle-guide/

I'm probably missing a few other endgame things you could do, but I think I covered a good bit.

Edited by DragoTamer

welcome back! Well speaking as someone who went through the situation described. A mixture of videos, forum guides and tips gained through in-game chats. despite understanding, I'm not a pvplayer, I re-introduced myself planting fruits, and reselling. Now and then doing breeding service, and for personal reasons I'm repeating the journey, I recently arrived at E4 from Unova. with some new friends, and a goal in mind. I'm not part of a team, more because my routine is a mess and I hate disturbing other people's schedules. If you pass through Verdanturf, Akazak the Fruit Planter will welcome you. on a lucky day I'll be handing out some leppa packs

• 3 months later...
On 1/31/2023 at 5:01 PM, Jerryzoo said:

I wonder what's changed?
oh? look at all these change logs, this'll take forever to read through and I've got all this work to do too. Luckily our Mayor has that handled, I can figure that out while I work.
its quite a long time since I've last logged on forums, plenty of the older generation will remember me. The newer ones will likely just wonder what this topic is about and who is this guy?

Well the purpose of this topic is to discuss the difference in power.

power? wait pokes? no that's not right that goes in the comp ally...

this isn't the right place.

NO NO NO

I meant the difference in real power 

KNOWLEDGE-

See everything in this game competitively and even upper management speaking comes down to knowledge of the game and utilities and how it works this includes the daily function of how everything operates.

No this isn't a need for a tutorial or guide of the game in any sense,

Any form of tips that could be put on another thread

No this is an open discussion on older generation players and newer generation players coming together in a place to discuss secrets of the game knowledge general information both known and unknown the journey to power per se; further more I'm interested in hearing from everyone I know and even new faces.

The questions-

Shiny hunter speaking?

As for the newer players tell me about how this wonderful experience has been, what great insight can you drop on us older players. Have you had the chance to attend the community events? That Our wonderful staff have been creating. Are you keeping up with current news on forums or on Roy rogers news? 

I wonder what end game content is leaning towards and where this wonderful games journey will take us.

P.S to all staff I hope everyone's well

Its been quite a long time my good friends and former co workers. Hopefully you can leave this unlocked in general discussion and not move it. 

I hope I didn't break any new rules lol. Also can you not alter my title.

Great to see you back Jerry, it's been a long long time 🙂