The mess of LNY Co-op event

So this update might seem inconsequential for most of people who do not care about scoring well in the co-op event, but I wanted to explain how the co-op event was handled this year is a complete mess. 

pjlBFMc.png

To explain for everyone here, this is a change that affects completely the basic gameplay of this event, as most of it becomes Double Battles instead of Single Battles. Before that change, having 2 pokemons or more in party triggered Single battles. They simply coded it wrong from "2 pokes or more give double" to "2 pokes or more give single". 

Now, to explain how incompetent devs were to not notice that sooner, you have to understand that you get 2 pokemons in your party after roughly 10 minutes of event. Anyone in the first day of event, after 10 minutes of gameplay, noticed that you were consistently getting Single Battles. I honestly can't believe not a single dev didn't do 10 minutes of gameplay of their own event and didn't fix that sooner. It took them ONE WEEK. 

But even worse for me was the decision to fix it. The event was playable as is, surely it wasn't as they intended (a lot of poke with Doubles moveset weren't used at all), but players adapted and invented strategies and found a way to enjoy the event nonetheless. As a top scorer, we actually had a strategy where we would intentionnally trigger Double Battles with a player having only 1 pokemon, and it was a big thing. This mistake was not gamebreaking and created a different but valid event. I have no idea why devs didn't keep it that way and decided to ruin a whole week of players experience (try to get better scores, adapt strategies, etc). 

Even worse, but it doesn't affect many players, but it did affect me and 3 others during our run, we actually were in a high score run, and the update occurred DURING our run. We suddenly had double battles spawning for no reason and we had no idea why, our score was going down little by little (we really witnessed our score going down in real time after each wave). We scored something like 2380 after boss 7 (2300ish is the usual score after boss 6) while we should have had 2550+ and we lost a potential run for top 1. I don't know if any other players were affected during their run too, but it's basically 12h of gameplay going to the trash can. 

Tl;dr : worst decision ever to fix that and wtf were you doing for 1 week @Rache

Edited by Poufilou
1 hour ago, Poufilou said:

So this update might seem inconsequential for most of people who do not care about scoring well in the co-op event, but I wanted to explain how the co-op event was handled this year is a complete mess. 

pjlBFMc.png

To explain for everyone here, this is a change that affects completely the basic gameplay of this event, as most of it becomes Double Battles instead of Single Battles. Before that change, having 2 pokemons or more in party triggered Single battles. They simply coded it wrong from "2 pokes or more give double" to "2 pokes or more give single". 

Now, to explain how incompetent devs were to not notice that sooner, you have to understand that you get 2 pokemons in your party after roughly 10 minutes of event. Anyone in the first day of event, after 10 minutes of gameplay, noticed that you were consistently getting Single Battles. I honestly can't believe not a single dev didn't do 10 minutes of gameplay of their own event and didn't fix that sooner. It took them ONE WEEK. 

But even worse for me was the decision to fix it. The event was playable as is, surely it wasn't as they intended (a lot of poke with Doubles moveset weren't used at all), but players adapted and invented strategies and found a way to enjoy the event nonetheless. As a top scorer, we actually had a strategy where we would intentionnally trigger Double Battles with a player having only 1 pokemon, and it was a big thing. This mistake was not gamebreaking and created a different but valid event. I have no idea why devs didn't keep it that way and decided to ruin a whole week of players experience (try to get better scores, adapt strategies, etc). 

Even worse, but it doesn't affect many players, but it did affect me and 3 others during our run, we actually were in a high score run, and the update occurred DURING our run. We suddenly had double battles spawning for no reason and we had no idea why, our score was going down little by little (we really witnessed our score going down in real time after each wave). We scored something like 2380 after boss 7 (2300ish is the usual score after boss 6) while we should have had 2550+ and we lost a potential run for top 1. I don't know if any other players were affected during their run too, but it's basically 12h of gameplay going to the trash can. 

Tl;dr : worst decision ever to fix that and wtf were you doing for 1 week @Rache

to fix it, they splited leaderboard on 2: First one is the leadeboard pre-update. On this leaderboard players received their rewards and seems like they've reseted table, so now have started a "second leaderboard" and who finished on top 50 will receive the rewards too.

10 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

to fix it, they splited leaderboard on 2: First one is the leadeboard pre-update. On this leaderboard players received their rewards and seems like they've reseted table, so now have started a "second leaderboard" and who finished on top 50 will receive the rewards too.

Please don't ever quote me again with useless comment I'm so tired of regretting pressing "show message" everytime you post. Nothing about what they did "fix" the problems I wrote in my post, this is irrelevant once again