Optimal Delcatty [Optimal Cute Charm Pokemon]

DragoTamer

• DragoTamer changed the title to Optimal Delcatty [Optimal Cute Charm Pokemon]
  • DragoTamer changed the title to Optimal Delcatty [Optimal Cute Charm Pokemon] [Useful for Alphas]
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DragoTamer changed the title to Optimal Delcatty [Optimal Cute Charm Pokemon]
On 4/23/2023 at 5:34 AM, Libracustos said:

FYI cute charm and synchronise does not work on alphas.

Can we get a dev to confirm this? Every GM that I've asked has said that it does work, but only for the first encounter. After that, the gender, IVs and Nature of the pokémon are set, but before you encounter, they're not.

Is this true? I get conflicting information from everyone, so if possible it would be nice if a dev could confirm this, alphas have been out for quite a while now.

18 hours ago, OctaviusAugustus said:

Can we get a dev to confirm this? Every GM that I've asked has said that it does work, but only for the first encounter. After that, the gender, IVs and Nature of the pokémon are set, but before you encounter, they're not.

Is this true? I get conflicting information from everyone, so if possible it would be nice if a dev could confirm this, alphas have been out for quite a while now.

I had a dev confirm it for me some time ago, but things could have changed then so I'm also interested in knowing if you've been hearing otherwise. I did notice Munya said it didn't work on a different thread as well. If you speak with a dev and hear otherwise, keep me updated.

Update. I added a lot more content to the section for all other cute charm pokemon to help in making the decision of which cute charmer to use. I also added a section for other useful moves and the HM moves that delcatty can learn. This should further help in making the choice.

Take note: While Delcatty is the optimal cute charmer due to the myriad of things it can do such as pay daying, horde clearing for the main EV hordes, cute charm, and a decent catcher mon, Milotic and Lopunny are also two very viable options. I personally like Milotic the most due to the increased bulkiness and Rache has also provided a fantastic moveset for it for thinning out a horde when using it for shunting.

I also re-confirmed with the devs and cute charm does not work for alphas

Edited by DragoTamer
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Darksyee said:

If I'm not going to use Delcatty on alphas can I distribute the ATK and SpATK points normally right?

Depends on what you plan to use it for. The EVs were made to be able to handle the hordes specifically so I would personally recommend following the EV spread

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 3:27 AM, dooski said:

what is your shunting team behind delcatty for a regular pokemon with no annoying moves like double kick. just wanna get a idea of what team i should pick together like a utility or hm pokemon

Hey! Regarding shunting in general, that really just varies based on the pokemon you're going for. If you mean no annoying moves like teleport, explosion, selfdestruct, memento, etc. I suppose a synch or cute charm poke would be good depending on if you care more about nature or gender. Cather mons, the general HM Buddies, etc. pokes to clear a horde as well including catcher mons