What's the purpose of Exp. Reamplifier ?

TohnR

Quick thread about the latest gift shop utilitary item that was added a few patches ago.

This item essentially allows to share experience between all team members without having to hold Exp. Share. Also gives a +5% bonus to experience gathered which is cool
Initially, it was possible to combine it with other items such as Macho Brace to double the speed at which we could EV a pokémon, which means the item was useful for breeders and trainers such as myself. However maybe the devs didn't forsee that possibility early on and latest patch added this fix :

image.png.7b22a3ce9501c908f83d020c26eb3ac4.png

So now my question is simple : what should is the intended purpose of the Exp. Reamplifier ? What was it designed to accomplish ? Because I fail to see that ...

It appears as if this item has no purpose and can be replaced by the good old 5x Exp. Share that everyone used and which costs 1/10th of the price.
That cheap method is actually more QoL friendly since you can decide which mons are getting the EVs and EXP and not force giving it to everyone else. 
The only use I can see for it is for players that are still doing the playthrough, as they can continuously exp all their team while holding battle items on all their pokémon, but I doubt they will have and invest 2.600.000 yen to buy such an item off the gift shop ... (???)

I might have missed something about this item so I'll just ask again : what does it bring to the table that justifies its existence ?
:akkoshrug:

Edited by TohnR

I did consider getting this item at some point. Another use I can think of for it is leveling stuff like Meowth or Teddiursa that I don't want evolved while having it hold an everstone, which seemed like a slightly appealing luxury considering the small additional exp bonus and the fact that stacking it with Macho Brace was possible. But then I realized that I would have no control over which non-participating Pokémon receive the exp and that I would have to limit my party to my horde-killer and the Pokémon that I want to level, which in my opinion does make it inferior to Exp. Shares if you don't factor in the +5%.
As you said, I think the only advantage that this item brings to the table is the possibility of sharing exp with a Pokémon that is holding an item, which is quite underwhelming considering the inconvenience of having to adjust your party instead of simply selecting which Pokémon receive the exp. Having that possibility would perhaps make it more justifiable but still within the realm of "overpriced luxury".

On 2/10/2023 at 2:41 PM, SacredDiver said:

I did consider getting this item at some point. Another use I can think of for it is leveling stuff like Meowth or Teddiursa that I don't want evolved while having it hold an everstone, which seemed like a slightly appealing luxury considering the small additional exp bonus and the fact that stacking it with Macho Brace was possible. But then I realized that I would have no control over which non-participating Pokémon receive the exp and that I would have to limit my party to my horde-killer and the Pokémon that I want to level, which in my opinion does make it inferior to Exp. Shares if you don't factor in the +5%.
As you said, I think the only advantage that this item brings to the table is the possibility of sharing exp with a Pokémon that is holding an item, which is quite underwhelming considering the inconvenience of having to adjust your party instead of simply selecting which Pokémon receive the exp. Having that possibility would perhaps make it more justifiable but still within the realm of "overpriced luxury".

Thank you for that, I didn't think about the possibility to hold everstone.
That's 1 more reason but I still don't see how that justifies making a whole item for that 😞
Hopefully the item will be changed in the future

29 minutes ago, TohnR said:

That's 1 more reason but I still don't see how that justifies making a whole item for that 😞

I think the item was released more as of a novelty way to share exp that *seemed* super useful at first glance and that would give a lot of money to the game, but when people actually started looking at it and realizing that it's near useless, it was too late cus they already spent money/irl money on an untradable item. Oh well

Edited by OGQT
1 hour ago, TohnR said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would justify it even if we could pick which Pokémon receive the exp haha. Just something that I would personally find useful given my bad history of not paying enough attention to my screen/alt-tabbing while multi-tasking.
Would've been ideal to still be able to stack it with a macho brace on top of having that added feature of deciding who the exp goes to but I do hope it gets changed in the future to be more useful, because at its current state it does seem to only be targeting people who are still doing region playthroughs.

• 1 year later...

I'd love it if the Devs make this item so when you have level 100 pokemon, it skips exp and splits it only to the mons that need exp, then I feel this item will be worth it, with the added exp bonus to the exp earned and not having to hold an exp share, i think this will be a fare buff to this item.

13 minutes ago, Silvestermon said:

I'd love it if the Devs make this item so when you have level 100 pokemon, it skips exp and splits it only to the mons that need exp, then I feel this item will be worth it, with the added exp bonus to the exp earned and not having to hold an exp share, i think this will be a fare buff to this item.

I feel like that's how the item works nowadays. Probably has been changed since the initial post. Doesn't it ?

3 hours ago, Silvestermon said:

It's already like that:

image.png.96129846b331745bb4da49830e34e16d.png

image.png.0b83cce6d08dd2a77ecfc52733ed4f8d.png

As you can see, the exp is pretty much the same if I carry an extra lvl 100 mon or not, so it doesn't split with lvl 100 mons (the small exp variation is tied to the enemy mons' lvls being random each time you battle them).

5 hours ago, Totila said:

It's already like that:

image.png.96129846b331745bb4da49830e34e16d.png

image.png.0b83cce6d08dd2a77ecfc52733ed4f8d.png

As you can see, the exp is pretty much the same if I carry an extra lvl 100 mon or not, so it doesn't split with lvl 100 mons (the small exp variation is tied to the enemy mons' lvls being random each time you battle them).

Oh I think my wording was wrong, sorry. What I meant was something like, if you have 1 LVL 100 and 1 LVL 20 and the EXP for the horde is 3,000, then without splitting the EXP what it dose is give 100% of the EXP to the leveling mon almost like you killed the hord with the LVL 20. If you have 2 LVL 50 mons it will work by splitting the EXP 50/50, 1,500 for the main and 1,500 for the LVL 50 mon ^^

Not sure if that will make the item too OP, but I feel that will be a cool use for this item

12 minutes ago, Silvestermon said:

Oh I think my wording was wrong, sorry. What I meant was something like, if you have 1 LVL 100 and 1 LVL 20 and the EXP for the horde is 3,000, then without splitting the EXP what it dose is give 100% of the EXP to the leveling mon almost like you killed the hord with the LVL 20. If you have 2 LVL 50 mons it will work by splitting the EXP 50/50, 1,500 for the main and 1,500 for the LVL 50 mon ^^

Not sure if that will make the item too OP, but I feel that will be a cool use for this item

Oh I get it. But 50/50 would come back to the Exp. Share value. The Reamplifier currently sits on 25/75 (or it should). I just posted about its inner workings btw, you can check it out: