Make PokeMMO compatible with Nintendo Wii

Andr3a281093

Question

As this is a PokeMMO forum I suppose that most of you have been playing, or at least know Nintendo Wii
I've recovered the console 2 years ago because of Mario Kart Wii (until Nintendo Switch, and apart from Duck Hunt, the only one home console Nintendo game that I've been playing seriously in years), and after that I've downloaded a sort of custom DLC (officially mod, but for me this adjective is reductive so far) which is called CTGP Revolution, which allows to play almost all of the Mario Kart tracks until the 3DS episode, on MKWii, and even online
The insane thing about this, apart from the features such as tracks, online, etc, is that you can install that even without modifying the console
As it's so easy to install unofficial games, mods, fanmade dlc, and so on without a problem, have you ever thought, even because of the generations featured in PokeMMO which are not so requiring, to make the game compatible with the Nintendo Wii?
My Nintendo Wii is modded, and I could use it for handeld games until the GBA, and Nintendo DS (despite the fact these last ones are less fluid)
Of course this can be done after the next huge update with Johto, because it'll take time to do this, but I think that it's definitely doable for your dev team 🙂
 In the last few months I could play PokeMMO on my netbook with 2GB of ram, and CPU single core, which cannot make work basically anything
I think you can consider this 😉

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

you're probably better off just installing linux for the wii or something, and running pokemmo from there

I thought about doing that as well, but in that case you also have to process both the OS and PokeMMO, and Wii is nothing when it comes to hardware, so I don't know if it'll be that good

7 hours ago, Andr3a281093 said:

As this is a PokeMMO forum I suppose that most of you have been playing, or at least know Nintendo Wii
I've recovered the console 2 years ago because of Mario Kart Wii (until Nintendo Switch, and apart from Duck Hunt, the only one home console Nintendo game that I've been playing seriously in years), and after that I've downloaded a sort of custom DLC (officially mod, but for me this adjective is reductive so far) which is called CTGP Revolution, which allows to play almost all of the Mario Kart tracks until the 3DS episode, on MKWii, and even online
The insane thing about this, apart from the features such as tracks, online, etc, is that you can install that even without modifying the console
As it's so easy to install unofficial games, mods, fanmade dlc, and so on without a problem, have you ever thought, even because of the generations featured in PokeMMO which are not so requiring, to make the game compatible with the Nintendo Wii?
My Nintendo Wii is modded, and I could use it for handeld games until the GBA, and Nintendo DS (despite the fact these last ones are less fluid)
Of course this can be done after the next huge update with Johto, because it'll take time to do this, but I think that it's definitely doable for your dev team 🙂
 In the last few months I could play PokeMMO on my netbook with 2GB of ram, and CPU single core, which cannot make work basically anything
I think you can consider this 😉

Sorry, but PowerPC support is not within the scope of this project. The support matrix for our underlying desktop-client libraries is limited to:

Spoiler

Linux x64, arm64 (ARMv8/AArch64), arm32 (ARMv7/armhf)
macOS x64, arm64 (M1)
Windows x86, x64, arm64