Please roll back recovery nerfs.

Satore84

Please roll back recovery nerfs.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Please roll back recovery nerfs

• Yes, this was a bad call.
    • No, I am enjoying hyper offense and rain meta.

i havent played in pokemmo specifically in a while

but generally speaking i think the pp nerf was a good addition to pokemon battling

the primary reasons i'm not a hardcore pokemmo matchmaking addict:

-queue is too long

-battle is too long

tldr for me, if battles are faster, it's healthy.

plus, it could introduce new fun moves to the meta that we don't see a lot.

such as passive recovery moves that didn't get their pp slashed (ingrain, aqua ring etc)

or spite, because it's actually kinda threatening to chansey now.

First time I heard about recovery moves getting nerfed I thought: OMG why? Now Im gonna lack on walls like chansey and not be abble to win and bla bla bla. Now that the nerf is on I realize you dont need more than 3 recoverys per wall before the match finishes, unless you're a staller.

Edited by Rychell

My post was deleted because it went against the narrative lol.

Fact is it will never get rolled back unless a massive amount of people stop playing because of it. But it won't happen, devs will continue to incompetently fuck their game up and keeping it half assedly up to date with nerfs and buffs meant for things that aren't even out in MMO yet but affect the official games.

12 hours ago, suigin said:

My post was deleted because it went against the narrative lol.

Fact is it will never get rolled back unless a massive amount of people stop playing because of it. But it won't happen, devs will continue to incompetently fuck their game up and keeping it half assedly up to date with nerfs and buffs meant for things that aren't even out in MMO yet but affect the official games.

Yea but we should agree: One more regen in game(aka Slowbro) and the matchmaking would be self-destructed. Like a domino effect: Players would built teams with the new toy, match become slower and slower, having a lot of 1h time limite abusing, and players that couldn't play slow matches "for nothing"(kept 1h in match for earn nothing because loss on tiebreak) would quit. Nerfing PP makes a battle of Stall vs any team that aren't Balanced, Semistall or Stall, more faster so even if comes slowbro, 1h abusing would be more hard to do(People would need to rely on same cores to get enough longevity to hit 1h limit, and eventually counters for those cores would be discovered), and MM would not self-destruct.

Also, maybe this could save UU/NU? Slow tiers, maybe on there the matches would be faster and you'll not get too bored on a match, incentiving players that doesn't enjoy slow matches to come back

Edited by caioxlive13
8 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Yea but we should agree: One more regen in game(aka Slowbro) and the matchmaking would be self-destructed. Like a domino effect: Players would built teams with the new toy, match become slower and slower, having a lot of 1h time limite abusing, and players that couldn't play slow matches "for nothing"(kept 1h in match for earn nothing because loss on tiebreak) would quit. Nerfing PP makes a battle of Stall vs any team that aren't Balanced, Semistall or Stall, more faster so even if comes slowbro, 1h abusing would be more hard to do(People would need to rely on same cores to get enough longevity to hit 1h limit, and eventually counters for those cores would be discovered), and MM would not self-destruct.

Also, maybe this could save UU/NU? Slow tiers, maybe on there the matches would be faster and you'll not get too bored on a match, incentiving players that doesn't enjoy slow matches to come back

Don't add Slowbro then? Or ban it? Clearly that excuse that banning is bad because it throws player effort into the trash is complete bullshit if they decided to undo 80% of the metagame. Maybe remove the stupid time limit that shouldn't even be there to begin with? Maybe people should use wallbreakers or stallbreakers in their offensive teams?  Instead of

of course.

9 hours ago, suigin said:

Don't add Slowbro then? Or ban it?

Likke i sayed several times. Problem is regen cores, not Regen users by itself(Slowbro could even be a thing for Bulky Offense teams to enter with certain mons not fearing a Amoongus out of nowhere(Because if it dares to enter it wiill be a target to Future Sight), Mien never become a problem, amoongus could be a answer to serperior, mentioning the obvious examples), this nerf was unexpected but basically solved the problem, because before they could slap any wall option that they wish to fill the core, now they need to use certain cores to have longevity needed and once you have the mon to shutdown it entirely, is GG.

#StallersPleaseDoNotCry

Edited by caioxlive13
On 2/18/2023 at 1:07 PM, caioxlive13 said:

Likke i sayed several times. Problem is regen cores, not Regen users by itself(Slowbro could even be a thing for Bulky Offense teams to enter with certain mons not fearing a Amoongus out of nowhere(Because if it dares to enter it wiill be a target to Future Sight), Mien never become a problem, amoongus could be a answer to serperior, mentioning the obvious examples), this nerf was unexpected but basically solved the problem, because before they could slap any wall option that they wish to fill the core, now they need to use certain cores to have longevity needed and once you have the mon to shutdown it entirely, is GG.

#StallersPleaseDoNotCry

Then don't add more regen mons until countermeasures are added.

On 2/18/2023 at 4:07 PM, caioxlive13 said:

#StallersPleaseDoNotCry

You have no idea what you are talking about - at any point. It is a mystery how you are allowed to keep polluting threads with contain actual valuable discussion. Anyone who actually plays OU knows stall largely hasn't been affected. Balance has suffered the most by FAR.

Edited by Luke
7 hours ago, Luke said:

You have no idea what you are talking about - at any point. It is a mystery how you are allowed to keep polluting threads with contain actual valuable discussion. Anyone who actually plays OU knows stall largely hasn't been affected. Balance has suffered the most by FAR.

er-hem:

On 2/17/2023 at 5:10 AM, Rychell said:

Now that the nerf is on I realize you dont need more than 3 recoverys per wall before the match finishes, unless you're a staller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.