[MOD] Moemon for PokeMMO (MoeMMO) 1.1.5

MoeMMO

A Moemon mod for Pokemmo

---->Link to Mod<----

(Browser might think .mod file is broken video)

Moemon Project Discord Community(need to agree to the rules)

Moemmo discussion belong on #other-moemon

screenshot_1676609085.thumb.jpg.282ebc6ddd039948b6d66cf08dc835e8.jpg

PokeMMO has hosted Mega Moemon for quite a while. however, there's never been an consistently updating mod. The community has decided to do these updates ourselves. Now that we learned how to do this, this will be updated every three months at the very least. We'll also update if we add enough stuff for moemon that's in the first 5 generations.

Most of the original struct of this mod was done by CyanMarine. That version had quite a few pokemon sprites unreplaced. Seven of those are now proper moemon, including purrloin.

If you were looking for the thread for moemon hacks for emulation, click here

Edited by Septentrion
  • Septentrion changed the title to [MOD] Moemon for PokeMMO(MoeMMO)

New version! Joltik was somehow lost in the pipeline last two versions. Moe Spider added.

Vullaby and her evolution is now a moemon, greatly improving the Unova Experience. This may be the last update before Gen 4 becomes the focus for POKEmmo, so I'm only explaining Unova changes for now. For a brief time, the POKEmmo mod for moemon will be the most up-to-date moemon game.

• Septentrion changed the title to [MOD] Moemon for PokeMMO (MoeMMO)
  • Septentrion changed the title to [MOD] Moemon for PokeMMO (MoeMMO) 1.1.4
  • Septentrion changed the title to [MOD] Moemon for PokeMMO (MoeMMO) 1.1.5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can you make the sprites actually sit flush with the floor?

I remember playing some older/different versions of the mod and the sprites facing me were always standing on the floor and the ones facing away were flush with the bottom of the battle window so it felt clean (although i understand that the sprites won't be flush against the bottom of the game window when the camera starts to rotate during and idle it still looks nicer most of the time since most people don't just site idle during a battle) it feels kind of weird to just have them float there in mid air...

I'll make another post showing what i mean when i can find/make some examples, but hopefully i don't need those to have you understand.
Cool mod btw

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 9:56 AM, MSplosive said:

Can you make the sprites actually sit flush with the floor?

I remember playing some older/different versions of the mod and the sprites facing me were always standing on the floor and the ones facing away were flush with the bottom of the battle window so it felt clean (although i understand that the sprites won't be flush against the bottom of the game window when the camera starts to rotate during and idle it still looks nicer most of the time since most people don't just site idle during a battle) it feels kind of weird to just have them float there in mid air...

I'll make another post showing what i mean when i can find/make some examples, but hopefully i don't need those to have you understand.
Cool mod btw

To anyone interested, I'm currently working on this.
Well I actually already solved the problem, but since not all sprites are cut evenly at the bottom it was a bit of a bandaid fix, so I'm going through all of them and fixing that.
...and while I'm at it, I decided to update a bunch of sprites based on the current moemon sprite repository.
I'm currently almost done with gen 3, I'll post it here when I'm done testing it!

Here it is:

MoeMMO 1.1.6

I want to point out that I didn't talk to Septentrion about this, so this is not an official release or anything (unless he wants to make it so, I'm okay with that).

Changelog:

• Re-cropped all sprites to fix the floating issue (an exception is made for flying pokémon)
  • Updated and added lot of sprites. A few are still missing and will be added as soon as they're available!
  • Adjusted the scaling of both front and back sprites
  • Egg icon is now positioned correctly

If you find anything that looks out of place or missing let me know and I'll gladly fix it!
I'd like to thank @Rhynt for being such a sweetheart and helping me test the mod! ❤️

Edited by MaidLulia
On 8/5/2023 at 7:46 AM, MaidLulia said:

Here it is:

MoeMMO 1.1.6

I want to point out that I didn't talk to Septentrion about this, so this is not an official release or anything (unless he wants to make it so, I'm okay with that).

Changelog:

• Re-cropped all sprites to fix the floating issue (an exception is made for flying pokémon)
  • Updated and added lot of sprites. A few are still missing and will be added as soon as they're available!

Someone on the discord did an update with with icons but didn't do anything about the positioning.

On 8/5/2023 at 7:46 AM, MaidLulia said:

Here it is:

MoeMMO 1.1.6

Changelog:

If you find anything that looks out of place or missing let me know and I'll gladly fix it!
I'd like to thank @Rhynt for being such a sweetheart and helping me test the mod! ❤️

As of now, I would say your version in the best one to use, although you should fix the file extension

1 hour ago, CrzyCat said:

The Alphas has this weird red box outline like Alpha Umbreon.Screenshot_20230812-063802.thumb.png.2f10396468bf08c6d1968d0d88131715.png

Hey!
I'm aware of the problem with alphas, they also don't seem to follow positioning rules for some reason. I've been looking around for solutions but couldn't find any, but there might be one I'm ignoring... other mods seem to struggle with the same bug as well. I'll definitely fix it if I can identify what's causing it!

12 hours ago, Septentrion said:

As of now, I would say your version in the best one to use, although you should fix the file extension

I made it .mod and it works for me, I'll go ahead and change it to .zip if you think that's better. Anyway feel free to put it in the main post if you want to! or to upload it to your drive and use your own link for it, either way it's fine!
New sprites are coming out so I'll probably make a small update soon, I'll post here when I do. ^^

On 8/12/2023 at 8:14 AM, MaidLulia said:

Hey!
I'm aware of the problem with alphas, they also don't seem to follow positioning rules for some reason. I've been looking around for solutions but couldn't find any, but there might be one I'm ignoring... other mods seem to struggle with the same bug as well. I'll definitely fix it if I can identify what's causing it!

Other than that it's a very good mod keep up the amazing work and thank you for the response

Edited by CrzyCat
On 8/5/2023 at 4:46 PM, MaidLulia said:

Here it is:

MoeMMO 1.1.6

Changelog:

Small update!

- Cresselia, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus and Landurus sprites have been added!
- Ledyba, Ledian, Staryu, Starmie, Spiritomb, Muk, Grimer, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir and Mawile sprites have been updated!
- Latios sprite has been updated (feminized!)
- Shiny Meganium colors have been adjusted!

Edited by MaidLulia
于2023/8/18 AM8点07分,MaidLulia 说:

Small update!

- Cresselia, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus and Landurus sprites have been added!
- Ledyba, Ledian, Staryu, Starmie, Spiritomb, Muk, Grimer, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir and Mawile sprites have been updated!
- Latios sprite has been updated (feminized!)
- Shiny Meganium colors have been adjusted!

Can you send the link of the latest version ?Thank you for your attention!