A edited area on Navel Rock - PokéMMO Island

caioxlive13

About suggestion  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Look nice the idea?

• Yes, it would help a lot official and Unofficial tournaments
    • No, the places we have is fine.

Question

The suggest is simple: We had Navel Rock on FRLG. But since both legendarys avaliable there are Ubers, and would not be avaliable to us anytime soon, this place is complety forgotten. This suggestion is just to remove everything on this island and create a new area from here. Yes, World Edit. This New area could be renamed to PokéMMO Island and be a place with Colored fighting arenas and a BP Shop and a Flea Market like the one on Slateport, but with everything on sell(Incenses and All items from Big Markets). This area could be used for Unofficial tours(Like World Cup, TCL and PSL) but also for Official Tours like Team Tournament and staff-run tours like Tag Teams and Seasonals Reserve Tournament and Finals. On this area only, there would be a Limit of players, 3 times bigger than other areas of MMO, or no limit.

On future, could install a feature to host tournaments automated there(not on PvP page, and only acessible there) and then would be far more easily to host tours.

They could edit any area? Yes. But Navel Rock is better because:

• GBA map. Far more easily to world edit, than areas on Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, or Black and White
  • Lag would not be noticed during any tours, if you're casually playing. Because is a island and you would need to use the Ship to go there. Complete Uncrowded place and only during tours it would have a lot of players there. Maybe become visited by breeders(Travelling from Island 4 <---> PokéMMO island) due to BP Shop but would not outside of tours.
    • For official tours and Unofficial tours, except TT , we had this issue. Because on Unofficial Tours they're hosted on vermilion(I've suggested to people do the tours with Home and Away but what i talk here is heared more by a door than by people of the community.) and Vermilion is a crowned place, people playing FRLG history pass over there. And staff runs are usually done on Silph. Co that are a Crowned place as well due to same reason than Vermilion.
  • Is a useless place. Nobody would complain of miss the place. If wish to add Lugia/Ho-oh someday, can be used their places on HG/SS map.

Edit: I've done a Research and founded that Navel Rocks exists on Pokémon Emerald as well. So if the staff use the island for gatherings, like was telled on replys, you can choose one of them and just delete it to do this, and the other remains intact.

Edited by caioxlive13

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm all for expanding with what's already available, but I feel things like this would land pretty far down on the priority list.

It would also be safe to assume that these areas are reserved for staff & staff gatherings.

But even for that it would be useless on the Spring. Both Lugia and Ho-oh if staff wishes to capture it, could do going to their spot in HG/SS. This would help a issue right now with hosting on TTs(Because Lilycove contest hall are pretty limited but we don't have any other good place to go), and to other Unofficial Teams Leagues(Getting out of Pokécenters and reducing the lag for new players that are just enjoying a casual play). 

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

I reformed my opinion since then, but my old self use to agree with you.

No need to have a PokeMMO Island. Everything is just fine the way it is now.

Just want to split TT spectators so if we wish to watch it it would be possible. Right now is impossible due to Channel 4 after 2 rounds get impossible to acess.

Also, it would be a nice place to just get Afk without need to care about new players with rattata lv. 13, pikachu lvl 8 and starter lvl 21, attempt to bother you. 

To acess the island would be simple: After all e4 on a pokecenter of any place acessible on Post-game only(Suggestions: Black City on Unova, Fight Area on Sinnoh, Battle Frontier on Hoenn and Island 4 on Kanto) and pick a "Rainbow Star Fragment" that would be useless. Couldn't be solded or traded with players, or throwed away. You could only pick 4 and when you pick all, just go to a Second assistant on Oak's lab to trade shards for the ticket to go to the island. No new player with 0 knowledge of game would be able to acess the island and will be a very good place to do any type of tours player/staff run.

Edited by caioxlive13

Also, complementing what i was talking about bestfriends comment: Context sensitivity. At the moment we're still waiting for a new region, aka johto. Now he region is coming we will not have new regions anytime soon because the next ones are from 3ds, so it would be difficult if not IMPOSSIBLE to add a new. So we will lack content for a while. One of things that attract people is big tournaments. So let's just add something to help they to manage to make tour easily, without some common problems(full channel for example). Now they can do smaller updates since we will lack of content for a while.