Gengar's Hidden Ability

After being damaged years ago, when all our Gengars were robbed of their dignity and their levitate ability (without being refunded in any way) and swapped with cursed body, now on some of the pokemons is clearly shown "hidden ability" but when is evolved, Gengar magically loses levitate once again for that sh*t cursed body and furthermore in the dex he has no hidden ability at all! Clearly is a bug that costed me hundreds of thousands of pokeyen and loads of time. Please correct the issue and please restore levitate as it should be; cursed body is a mistake and tradition and rulings of 6 generations (25 main series games) want Gengar having levitate as we do and as it should be.

To other players, be careful and always double check EVERY DAMN THING in this game; things change form one day to the other and (sadly) with every new implementation there are double the bugs too.

Other than that I suggest opening a thread to list or summarize every deviation from the original games (abilities/effect of moves being shutted down) or which gen the changes refers to. I can't read every single changelog of the past 10 year to discover why my moves/abilities don't work anymore or whatever.

Screenshot_20230228-011108.png

Screenshot_20230228-011133.png

Edited by lallo17

Game follow gen 8-5 changes as much as they can(and added Assault Vest, probablly adding other future items too...). Yes, 8-5. The game didn't update yet to 9-5. Also, thanks to this policy, even if we lost Levitate Gengar, we gained amazing things such as Reactive Gas Weezing, Shell Smash Blastoise, Drain and Mach Punch Machamp(that even if aren't good for OU because it are 100% outclassed by Conkeldurr, is a giant thing to UU.). Also this nerfed Prankster too, meaning you're no longer 100% vulnerable to priority status as long as you have anything Dark-Type on team.

however, since game freak have done the change on main games, unless they revert it back and give Gengar Levitate, Gengar would not have levitate here anymore.

Also, #Gen9MovepoolUpdateWhen? #GiveHeavyDutyBootsAndSharpnessGallade.

Edited by caioxlive13
3 hours ago, Elizn said:

People got mad at me once because I said Haunter was better because it still had Levitate.

The only way Gengar will get Levitate again is if it was added back on the core series games. 

Still, correct "hidden ability" diamond on Gengar.

7 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

, since game freak have done the change on main games, unless they revert it back and give Gengar Levitate, Gengar would not have levitate here anymore.

I know, and I have sadly to agree, however levitate was stripped down from Gengar because of its Mega; we don't have megas (thanks God) so the change makes no sense in our meta.

Pokemon without a Hidden Ability can still have a HA tag, its still useful when breeding with pokemon that have an active HA. For example if a Male Gengar (with HA) breed with a Female Dusclops (with HA) the new Duskull has a 100% chance to have the HA. I think if 1 parent has a HA tag, the offspring have a chance to inherit it, although I'm not sure on the odds off the top of my head.
Its not a bug, just how the HA mechanic works.

25 minutes ago, GingerMatt said:

Pokemon without a Hidden Ability can still have a HA tag, its still useful when breeding with pokemon that have an active HA. For example if a Male Gengar (with HA) breed with a Female Dusclops (with HA) the new Duskull has a 100% chance to have the HA. I think if 1 parent has a HA tag, the offspring have a chance to inherit it, although I'm not sure on the odds off the top of my head.
Its not a bug, just how the HA mechanic works.

No, if the female has a HA, it will always be transferred, no matter if the male got one or not. Also if u breed a Male with HA with a female of the same species without one or a Ditto without one.

2 hours ago, GingerMatt said:

Los Pokémon sin una habilidad oculta aún pueden tener una etiqueta HA, sigue siendo útil cuando se cría con Pokémon que tienen un HA activo. Por ejemplo, si un Gengar macho (con HA) se cruza con una Dusclops hembra (con HA), el nuevo Duskull tiene un 100 % de posibilidades de tener HA. Creo que si 1 padre tiene una etiqueta HA, la descendencia tiene la oportunidad de heredarla, aunque no estoy seguro de las probabilidades en la parte superior de mi cabeza.
No es un error, solo cómo funciona la mecánica HA.

Quien va a comprar un gengar con HA 😕 estan e el mercado a 500k super exagerado y e visto gengar que  estan hay meses y nada sencillamente estoy de acuerdo con que gengar debe tener levitacion de nuevo por que poco a poco gengar va a bajar de tier y eso sera en un futuro cercano

On 2/28/2023 at 4:26 AM, caioxlive13 said:

Game follow gen 8-5 changes as much as they can

And then I noticed Outrage still has 90 power, as before Gen IV, not 120... mmmmh something's wrong.

To me it seems there are too many double standards.

Without even talking of Cloud Nine...

9 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

And then I noticed Outrage still has 90 power, as before Gen IV, not 120... mmmmh something's wrong.

To me it seems there are too many double standards.

Without even talking of Cloud Nine...

nothing is wrong, learn to use the search bar top right and you can find answers to all this. Some complex nerfs/bans were made for a healthier competitive scenario, while some should be tested today, that's something to be discussed on the competitive area.