Boost UU

Jgaw

Question

As many of u know that UU tier is going bad each Day, it s like à trash tier btw OU and NU

When U play match making  u always face same pool of players, very annoying May encourage players to exchange wins, abuse pokemon % usage

Actions should be taken to raise thé number of players signing in UU matchmaking

Vote if u agree

10 answers to this question

I won't enjoy, i only will take the seasonal reward hat and simply leave this tier

You Sadly and statidtically face same players in à row, u waste so much time in queue waiting for à battle

This has no fun

Why, because few players sign there

Why few, players sign more OU/RD

I think underrated tiers wether be canceled or encourage players to build and play Those tiers. 

Solution: low ratéd tiers rewards should be worth

And please if i am wrong or missing sthg feel free to discuss this with meaningful arguments 

I think every 15 days when matchmaking rewards reset, a randomly chosen tier should have better rewards for those 15 days, after those 15 days that tier goes back to normal and another tier should have better rewards for those days.

This wouldn't completely fix the lack of players in other levels, but it would call for more players.

What they should do is abandon the usage system(using ladder usage) to tiers. One of biggest problems on lower tiers is they change constantly. Even more now with cutoffs basically locked onto 4,36% because we get new things before we could return to 6,7/1,7% cutoffs. Would be better if they do based on Tournament Usage. With this the lower tiers stabilize, would be far more easily to build and people could come back.

It would be nice if they made it more accessible to players like how RD is. That way more new players would join.

Giving it OP rewards will only incentivize people who can actually win in that tier. They have done this before with the pvp comp hats in nu, it got arguably the best hat in the game (the shell tarban) but that didn't make it more popular for the new players because they would wait hours only to face a top 100 guy who would proceed to 6 - 0 a team that took weeks to make. 

I hope they manage to revive the uu and nu tiers somehow, but it may not be possible to do it in a way that doesn't adversely affect the economy.

I disagree. Even after Randoms were implemented, UU had a somewhat nice influx of games in the past. (27k games monthly at some point)

One of the worst NU metas, for instance, had less than 5k games monthly (While dugtrio was in), and after it was banned, thus freeing the whole metagame, games quickly shot up to over twice that amount, to a steady 12-13k per month, which sadly have dropped already because nothing has been done in the tier since then.

It's fairly obvious the problem isn't the rewards or whatsoever, otherwise people wouldn't have played in the past, or wouldn't play OU right now. The problem is that tiers are a mess, and there has been no effort into making them satisfying to play again, which, of course, is reflected in the numbers.

Boosting rewards doesn't solve the actual problem, and is more of a quick-short-term bandaid, that will ultimately result in nothing at all. 

While certain people refuse to do anything about it, and opt to go blind about this mess, because of laziness, the problem won't go away.

It has been proved so many times in the past that a more satisfying meta will result in more monthly matches, that I absolutely have no idea why people insist its a reward issue, and I have even less of a clue why other people believe nothing can be done, or nothing should be done. 

6 hours ago, pachima said:

I disagree. Even after Randoms were implemented, UU had a somewhat nice influx of games in the past. (27k games monthly at some point)

One of the worst NU metas, for instance, had less than 5k games monthly (While dugtrio was in), and after it was banned, thus freeing the whole metagame, games quickly shot up to over twice that amount, to a steady 12-13k per month, which sadly have dropped already because nothing has been done in the tier since then.

It's fairly obvious the problem isn't the rewards or whatsoever, otherwise people wouldn't have played in the past, or wouldn't play OU right now. The problem is that tiers are a mess, and there has been no effort into making them satisfying to play again, which, of course, is reflected in the numbers.

Boosting rewards doesn't solve the actual problem, and is more of a quick-short-term bandaid, that will ultimately result in nothing at all. 

While certain people refuse to do anything about it, and opt to go blind about this mess, because of laziness, the problem won't go away.

It has been proved so many times in the past that a more satisfying meta will result in more monthly matches, that I absolutely have no idea why people insist its a reward issue, and I have even less of a clue why other people believe nothing can be done, or nothing should be done. 

My comment basically says what is problem: Unstable meta due to Chaotic usage statistics. On lower tiers this make a huge difference because this result on tiers having a huge movement rate and make a lot of people rebuild teams because their team that worked on Febuary, maybe not work now on March for example. And i propossed a solution: Abandon ladder usage and use Tournament usage only. The usage of tours we've seen isn't perfectly accurate, but from round 3 onwards, is far more accurate than Ladder Usage. If we pass to use they only, we could stabilize metagamings and people might return to UU/NU

6 hours ago, pachima said:

Boosting rewards is an idea  and we tryin to find thé Best solution for UU to make it more popular, to avoid facing same players in à row or wasting much time in queue

Maybe with good rewards peop'e are seduced to Build and fight but in the other asset, the team théy build in february is absolutely useless and weak in mars, no stable tier leads to People flee from it.. 

Maybe maybe using random UU pokes to New players to make them try UU is à Nice way to grow the popularity of this tier and they Can even face players with their built teams. 

3 hours ago, Jgaw said:

Boosting rewards is an idea  and we tryin to find thé Best solution for UU to make it more popular, to avoid facing same players in à row or wasting much time in queue

Maybe with good rewards peop'e are seduced to Build and fight but in the other asset, the team théy build in february is absolutely useless and weak in mars, no stable tier leads to People flee from it.. 

Maybe maybe using random UU pokes to New players to make them try UU is à Nice way to grow the popularity of this tier and they Can even face players with their built teams. 

If we want to make people stay on UU, most part of the teams couldn't be useless with a single tiershift. That's why i'm purposing using tournament usage only for tiershifts, and we can make lower tiers stable. If the tier stable and didn't change, the teams would be stable and people would not exit from metagaming. After that, improving Matchmaking rewards on all formats except randoms can move some people to other formats. I think that the best thing would be put a Untradeable Master Ball as a seasonal path reward. So people would interessing on play MM to get master balls to be safe on the case of shiny. Not only would resolve MM issue, it would also create a way to recover master ball.

On 3/3/2023 at 3:02 AM, caioxlive13 said:

If we want to make people stay on UU, most part of the teams couldn't be useless with a single tiershift. That's why i'm purposing using tournament usage only for tiershifts, and we can make lower tiers stable. If the tier stable and didn't change, the teams would be stable and people would not exit from metagaming. After that, improving Matchmaking rewards on all formats except randoms can move some people to other formats. I think that the best thing would be put a Untradeable Master Ball as a seasonal path reward. So people would interessing on play MM to get master balls to be safe on the case of shiny. Not only would resolve MM issue, it would also create a way to recover master ball.

Good idea but i don't think adding untradable Master ball is nice

However enhancing rewards May help and as well maintaining tier shift steady and stable will help more