More Alphas To Catch (All Swarms to Alpha)

MightyMichele

Question

There is only a few alphas to catch daily. Is there how to convert all of the swarms to alpha swarms?

I have calculated that if I catch 2 alphas daily I would take 41 years to find an alpha shiny.

Also I have suggested to revert back the 6x(15-31) IV sort and replace 2x31+4x(0-31).  

Edited by MightyMichele

12 answers to this question

2 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

There is only a few alphas to catch daily. Is there how to make it more abundant?

I have calculated that if I catch 2 alphas daily I would take 41 years to find an alpha shiny.

Would be possible to convert every swarm into a alpha swarm and to compensate I had suggested before to reduce from 2x31 to 0x31 alphas every catch.

I mean it wouldn't take 41 years... IT WOULD TAKE MORE THAN THAT
But If RNG loves You (Note: it hates me) it probably will take fewer years/moths/days 🙂

Edited by Deathoftherex
1 hour ago, Gengarcello said:

every irl day is 4 days in-game, spanning every 6 irl hours per day. Technically you will get 4 alphas per day.

ˢᵏⁱˡˡ ⁱˢˢᵘᵉ ᵐʸ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈ

Catch 4 alphas every day is possible but on a normal routine it's very unlikely to happen. I need to sleep 8 hours each day (I already lose 1 alpha for sleep). I assume 2 alphas daily to each timezone is well provided, though not satisfactory.

7 hours ago, KMIM said:

If we had more alpha pokémons, their price would drop exponentially and that would make alphas less important.

The prices would not decrease because I suggested also to replace 2x31 catch to 6x(15-31). Reversely, it might increase.

Edited by MightyMichele
4 minutes ago, Deathoftherex said:

I mean it wouldn't take 41 years... IT WOULD TAKE MORE THAN THAT
But If RNG loves You (Note: it hates me) it probably will take fewer years/moths/days 🙂

Exactly, for some people the shiny come at a first instance and they can get a shiny alpha after 1 or 2 months. While others might not. If a shiny comes it will be completely random 

The idea would bring to gtl a boost on alphas without IVs which can be used to EGG SHINY HUNT.

Notice that encounter alphas species are random and you are unlikely to get the one is your favorite.

I would say alphas are in a surprisingly good place, and the rate at which they spawn has already dropped prices in some egg groups. This is offset by the ability to shiny hunt Alphas by purchasing these alphas that are posted in abundance.

This serves the community in many ways, and keeps the market cycling out these posted alphas at a reasonable speed.

If your goal is to increase the ease of shiny hunting an alpha, you might consider egg hunting firsthand. You also have the option of catching any alpha on multiple characters, and using those catches to reroll your alpha. There is no limit to how many accounts can catch an alpha, and if this is what interests you, would definitely be an avenue to consider(outside of the GTL).

9 hours ago, Michelle said:

If your goal is to increase the ease of shiny hunting an alpha, you might consider egg hunting firsthand. You also have the option of catching any alpha on multiple characters, and using those catches to reroll your alpha. There is no limit to how many accounts can catch an alpha, and if this is what interests you, would definitely be an avenue to consider(outside of the GTL).

I don't think on a big change on, but return something that was put on 10th Anniversary the 6x(15-31) old sprt IV mechanism beyond that provide all swarms with alphas.

Queation

How to egg shunt with 2x31 Alphas? (waste 2x31 Pokemon only to hunt). 

Answer

Yes, it's a waste, because you could use to breed these. If there is 6x(15-31) we could find 0x31 alphas on gtl for cheap to egg shunt which makes more sense. 

Edited by MightyMichele
On 3/23/2023 at 12:40 AM, Xreactive said:

I forgot who said this but a while ago someone had the idea of making 1 alpha per region but you could only catch one per account so it would not be 1 per character  it would be 1 per email.

that makes alpha more valuable. nice raging all collectors 😉

/g