Rate (or Roast if is too bad) My Team

I only used Rain Teams in the past, and now want to make a more diverse (fun!) one.. I don't like when the matchs took 20min or so, so I prefer offensive teams over Stall:

Garchomp @ Focus Sash? IDK, to ensure he can set up Rocks

Ability: Rough Skin

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Fire Fang

Dragonite @ Leftovers

Ability: Multiscale

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Dance

- Fire Punch (maybe EQ? I already have Fire cov for Scizor/Ferro)

- Dragon Claw

- Extreme Speed (maybe roost?)

Gengar @ Choice Specs (or blacksludge and encore/substitute)

Ability: Cursed Body

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Shadow Ball

- Sludge Wave

- Focus Blast

- Thunderbolt

Infernape @ Life Orb (I also have a Jolly infernape with the standard 252/252 atack/speed, but I think: already have 3 pure physical attackers, maybe 4 is too much)

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe

Hasty Nature

- U-turn (or Maybe Grass Knot?)

- Overheat

- Close Combat

- Mach Punch

Scizor @ Choice Band

Ability: Technician

Adamant Nature

- Bullet Punch

- Pursuit

- Close Combat

- U-turn

Starmie @ Expert Belt (I don't like the recoil of Lifeorb on Starmie)

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

- Surf

- Rapid Spin (maybe thunderbolt and go full offensive?)

Edited by Ramallero

Chomp i would recommend Life Orb, a 128 Atk/128 SpA/252 Speed spread, Hasty or Naive nature and Fire blast instead of Fire Fang. Is to make sure that you will kill Relaxed(+Def/-Speed) variants of Ferrothorn before it had a chance to put rocks(Starmie can't switch in vs ferro). You can run Draco meteor on this Chomp instead of Dclaw, but i don't like too much.

Nite and Scizor are 100% ok, keep it. Optional is change Scizor's Pursuit to Aerial Ace.

Starmie's item should be Leftovers if you don't want to run Life Orb. Set are 75% as this way. You can run TBolt instead of Ice beam if you're fearing vs Rain. Also, for everything that you love most, don't use Psychic, or any wall special(aka Chansey/Blissey) will switch on you without risks. Use Psyshock(Special Atk, 80 Power/100% Accuracy , Psychic-Type. This attack use Physical defense instead of Special Defense on damage calculation )instead and attempt to drain some Recovery PPs.

Gengar and Nape is fine but we had some better options. You can run Volcarona and Breloom(Technician) or Serperior.

That's it.

Edited by caioxlive13

Ty so much for all your feedback! You take the time to elaborate, I really appreciate it 🙂

I have my alpha 5x31 Jolly Garchomp, so I need to make a new one.. but I think is worth the effort..

Great point about Starmie, I will change Psychic for Psyshock.

I have a Timid Volcarona, with bug buzz and quiver dance, but I'm not sure about the build... Maybe Fiery Dance and Roost? Or a third attack (Hurricane, Psychic, Gigadrain) or U-turn for momentum?

I have a Breloom but has poision heal and sub-punch so I have to make a new one for sure

2 minutes ago, Ramallero said:

Ty so much for all your feedback! You take the time to elaborate, I really appreciate it 🙂

I have my alpha 5x31 Jolly Garchomp, so I need to make a new one.. but I think is worth the effort..

Great point about Starmie, I will change Psychic for Psyshock.

I have a Timid Volcarona, with bug buzz and quiver dance, but I'm not sure about the build... Maybe Fiery Dance and Roost? Or a third attack (Hurricane, Psychic, Gigadrain) or U-turn for momentum?

I have a Breloom but has poision heal and sub-punch so I have to make a new one for sure

Volcarona needs to have QD, Bug Buzz, Fiery dance. For 4th move, i personally prefer Giga Drain to UNO reverse card on rotom-w(Enter after a pivot/kill, setup and giga drain it.).

Breloom you can if you have enough money, buy a prismatic pearl and a shromish HA to transfer it. Do it if your breloom are 5x31 already. From there, just rework set and you're ready to go.

Also the team that builded at end, is basically a Smurf offense so you can go on sample teams thread and check remaining sets. 

13 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Volcarona needs to have QD, Bug Buzz, Fiery dance. For 4th move, i personally prefer Giga Drain to UNO reverse card on rotom-w(Enter after a pivot/kill, setup and giga drain it.).

Breloom you can if you have enough money, buy a prismatic pearl and a shromish HA to transfer it. Do it if your breloom are 5x31 already. From there, just rework set and you're ready to go.

Also the team that builded at end, is basically a Smurf offense so you can go on sample teams thread and check remaining sets. 

Ty, I think I'm going to make a new breloom, maybe 2x31 3x28 just to test.. Looking at the current statistics I see that is used with Adamant and focus sash? How this works?

I'm going with Gigadrain then with Volc

5 hours ago, lallo17 said:

Should have Levitate, not your fault obviously

But ia not implemented in the game or I'm wrong? When Alpha Gengar was release his HA was also cursed body

38 minutes ago, Ramallero said:

Ty, I think I'm going to make a new breloom, maybe 2x31 3x28 just to test.. Looking at the current statistics I see that is used with Adamant and focus sash? How this works?

I'm going with Gigadrain then with Volc

Breloom Sash's concept is basically ensure that will spore opponent. Then you go with Swords Dance and after, Mach Punch/Bullet Seed. Adamant is a good nature, and Jolly is a option to win vs other brelooms.

40 minutes ago, Ramallero said:

But ia not implemented in the game or I'm wrong? When Alpha Gengar was release his HA was also cursed body

The only ability of Gengar is Cursed Body. They removed Levitate to put Cursed Body, to follow recent gens updates(Like movepool updates and Recovery PP nerf). Some people refuse to aceept and keep asking for Levitate Back.

28 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

to follow recent gens updates

Like all the other abilities they shutted down, the ones they didn't even implemented, the maaany ghost nerfs, Outrage still having 90 and not 120... simply, is a double standard.

Still the team is good (even if Garchomp, Scizor and Dragonite are mainstream) and I added the Levitate Gengar only because in doubles he's/her's team would certainly benefit of an Earthquake immune poke.

I have to admit, it's not my best build, it's something I did on the fly anyway.

I took your idea (assumed it was Garchomp as a base for an HO team) and adapted it a bit to cover as many things as possible.

- I placed a Garchomp Cband, so as not to force you to breed a mixed one with rocks (I don't really like jolly no cband or Hone Claws damage)

- I kept Dragonite because as you can see it's the only thing on the team that could control Volcarona

- I replaced your gengar with a modest cband Chandelure + infiltrator, because it makes it much more efficient for me when it comes to stopping hits that use substitutes for the setup, also it is check Weavile cband

- Rotom-Mow is here because I removed Starmie, and you need to remove entry hazards, and taking advantage of the fact that your team only had rocks and no spikes/toxic spikes, I didn't see the need. for a spinner like starmie

- Metagross is for Stealth rock and hitting Conkeldurr in a good way, it can also speed control with Icy Wind (The speed its calculated so you can speed creep to monsters with a base speed of 100 with a favorable nature when it's drop -1 for Icy Wind, see if you want take advantage of this to make a mixed set with some kind of rock move to deal with mons like volcarona etc.)
- Poliwrath is only there to stop rain teams, Kabutops + Kingdra break your team, so I saw Poliwrath AV as an interesting way to stop these 2 hits.

Yeah I know, I swapped out a lot of mons, but I honestly think this build is going to be better, although even this build has somewhat exploitable weaknesses like Chandelure's scarf, it could work decently.

Build: https://pokepast.es/f45be32cb04ae6b8

6 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

I have to admit, it's not my best build, it's something I did on the fly anyway.

I took your idea (assumed it was Garchomp as a base for an HO team) and adapted it a bit to cover as many things as possible.

- I placed a Garchomp Cband, so as not to force you to breed a mixed one with rocks (I don't really like jolly no cband or Hone Claws damage)

- I kept Dragonite because as you can see it's the only thing on the team that could control Volcarona

- I replaced your gengar with a modest cband Chandelure + infiltrator, because it makes it much more efficient for me when it comes to stopping hits that use substitutes for the setup, also it is check Weavile cband

- Rotom-Mow is here because I removed Starmie, and you need to remove entry hazards, and taking advantage of the fact that your team only had rocks and no spikes/toxic spikes, I didn't see the need. for a spinner like starmie

- Metagross is for Stealth rock and hitting Conkeldurr in a good way, it can also speed control with Icy Wind (The speed its calculated so you can speed creep to monsters with a base speed of 100 with a favorable nature when it's drop -1 for Icy Wind, see if you want take advantage of this to make a mixed set with some kind of rock move to deal with mons like volcarona etc.)
- Poliwrath is only there to stop rain teams, Kabutops + Kingdra break your team, so I saw Poliwrath AV as an interesting way to stop these 2 hits.

Yeah I know, I swapped out a lot of mons, but I honestly think this build is going to be better, although even this build has somewhat exploitable weaknesses like Chandelure's scarf, it could work decently.

Build: https://pokepast.es/f45be32cb04ae6b8

Ty for all your ideas! I have a nice rotom mow to use 🙂

I also have a good metagross, but is physical with Adamant nature, you think it could fit? (Already breed a mixed Garchomp with Naive nature, so I have both options now).

I love Poliwrath!! I didn't know it was usable now, for sure I'm breeding one now.

And have a really decent female litwick, so chandelure would be easy to make aswell 🙂

10 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

Looking at the paste I noticed that Chomp stayed with Dmeteor (At the beginning of the build I used mixed Chomp, then I decided to cband), but it goes with Dragon Claw in that slot.

I also saw that even though I talked about the speed of Metagross, it is not in the paste (lol), this would be the ev spread of that Metagross (You can use physical lead standard, I only raised that variant as an option to do speed control)

Metagross EV spread: https://pokepast.es/211126e789b55514

19 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

Looking at the paste I noticed that Chomp stayed with Dmeteor (At the beginning of the build I used mixed Chomp, then I decided to cband), but it goes with Dragon Claw in that slot.

I also saw that even though I talked about the speed of Metagross, it is not in the paste (lol), this would be the ev spread of that Metagross (You can use physical lead standard, I only raised that variant as an option to do speed control)

Metagross EV spread: https://pokepast.es/211126e789b55514

Cool! Can you elaborate on the EV distribution? (I think is to have more speed that certain mon after an icy wind but I'm not sure)

3 hours ago, Ramallero said:

Cool! Can you elaborate on the EV distribution?

Of course, the EV spread is to overcome mons with 100 base speed, 252 EVs and favorable nature (That's why you have as an alternative to use Rock Slide for example, to be able to deal with volcarona if you used Icy wind in the turn you leave). In fact, the EV spread seems interesting to me for a possible AV Metagross (which is not very viable in this build because it would leave you unable to use Stealth Rock)

25 minutes ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

Of course, the EV spread is to overcome mons with 100 base speed, 252 EVs and favorable nature (That's why you have as an alternative to use Rock Slide for example, to be able to deal with volcarona if you used Icy wind in the turn you leave). In fact, the EV spread seems interesting to me for a possible AV Metagross (which is not very viable in this build because it would leave you unable to use Stealth Rock)

I've noticed that Metagross' item is Leftovers. On this set, Shuca Berry wouldn't be better to Chomp/Excadrill(common leads) don't OHKO metagross with a Earthquake and give 1 turn at least to him set rocks? I've seen a lot of people using it, 2 months ago(atm, only for chomp, now we have excadrill lead to worry about too)

Edited by caioxlive13
2 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

Ohh I see, ty for the suggestion... let's farm beldums then xD... probably I'm going for a 2x31 3x28 +nat

27 minutes ago, Ramallero said:

Ohh I see, ty for the suggestion... let's farm beldums then xD... probably I'm going for a 2x31 3x28 +nat

Kept aware for Beldum Swarms and especially ditto alpha swarms. Maybe you can find your beldum ready or enough breeding material.

4 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Kept aware for Beldum Swarms and especially ditto alpha swarms. Maybe you can find your beldum ready or enough breeding material.

For sure I will! But I have to check, I have some Beldums so maybe already have a good one 🙂

I was trying different things, swaping mons and moves, and find a comp that really likes me 🙂. Is based on the previous build, but with a couple of differences:

https://pokepast.es/c27636d3a07a36eb

Poliwrath/Amoongus/Chandelure works as core Water/Grass/Fire

It has a lot of flawss (for example I can't remove hazards) so probably I have to give Gliscor Defog, or use a rapid spiner.

I remove Hidden Power Ice from Chandelure and use Trick instead, it works wonder against special walls (I just finish a PVP where tricked Choice Scarf to a Blissey, was hilarious xD). Flame body is the less used ability , but I find the burn on Scizor or in a Dragonite with 1 or 2 DDs could be a lifesaver (although not very reliable).