Teambuilding help!

I wanna build a team with my favorite pokemon Milotic as a defensive backbone, but I don't know which mons it counters and which mons appreciate the mons it counters, the current set I have is:

Milotic @ Flame Orb 

Ability: Marvel Scale 

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Calm Nature    

- Scald 

- Toxic  

- Recover

- Ice Beam

I want to use Serperior but I'm not sure if it will fit so please consider that too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 6:13 PM, Ramallero said:

I think you need Haze on Milotic, cause a mon with taunt/substitute (AKA Gyarados) can use you as a setup fodder..
Maybe go for a Water/Grass/Fire core? Milotic/Serperior/Darmanitan-Infernape (I want to say Volcarona or Chancelure but 3 special attackers is too much)
And build from there 🙂

Hmmm, I might do that core. Are there any other mons that you suggest?? Thanks for your help btw!

On 3/22/2023 at 5:53 AM, SlanyuS said:

Hmmm, I might do that core. Are there any other mons that you suggest?? Thanks for your help btw!

It depends on the type of team you wanna build, but is good idea to look at the current metagame and see what are the Pokemon that have the highest % of usage.. Today Garchomp and Scizor are the 2 top pokemon in the list and are easy to fit in almost every team, so probably both are good adittions 🙂
Garchomp brings the Ground Type (to not allow free volt-switches), Stealth Rock, and great offensive presence, you could go with the classic Physical build with Jolly nature, but today everyone are using a Mixed set with Fireblast to one shot Ferro.
Scizor has great priority in Bullet Punch, a lot of resistances and U turn to gain momentum. Some people use a more tanky set with HP investment, sword dance and roost but I prefer Choice band for immediate power.
Finally you probably need some form of hazzard removal (rapid spin-defog).. The 2 top Rapid Spinners rigth now are Starmie and Excadril, and good defogers are Rotom Wash, Skarmory and Gliscor (or even Scizor).
Also the best nature for Milotic is Bold (at least the most used one) https://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/pokemon/milotic/

This is an example:

https://pokepast.es/e4dd49b97bd9bf50

Edited by Ramallero