The solution for competitive Dittos

MasterAND

Question

Hello,

From my understanding, the only pokemon that is not possible to breed for competitive use is Ditto. Which is very sad.

The reason would be that if you manage to breed them, it would break the way the other pokemons are breed (through the egg groups).

However, with the coming of gracideas and nature herbs for shaymin (and unown), it would be possible to do something similar with Ditto.

My suggestion is:

- Create items that work like gracideas and nature herbs for ditto, with a value between 100k and 350k (perhaps bought through BPs in Battle Frontier). This item could not be planted.

- Create another item that works for Shiny Dittos, with a price between 1M and 1.6M (similar to the value of a shiny pokemon). Also not plantable.

This way, we could finally get a desirable Ditto without needing a luck of 1/21.300.088.344 (including nature and Hidden Power) and without affecting the breed system of the remaining species.

Could this be considered?

Thank you for your attention.

6 answers to this question

In PokéMMO you can change Hidden Power type by using a stack of 40 gems (ex: 40 fire gems will change Hidden Power to fire).

Ditto copies its opponent’s stats (bar HP) when switching in, making 31 IV in HP the only stat you need to make it viable (beside Ditto vs Ditto or Ditto vs Zoroark matchups).

Ditto @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 31 HP / 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Transform

Hope this helps.

Edited by Zuladra
33 minutes ago, Zuladra said:

In PokéMMO you can change Hidden Power type by using a stack of 40 gems (ex: 40 fire gem will change Hidden Power to fire).

Ditto copies its opponent’s stats (bar HP) when switching in, making 31 IV in HP the only stat you need to make it viable (beside Ditto vs Ditto or Ditto vs Zoroark matchups).

Ditto @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 31 HP / 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Transform

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I know that, thank you for the answer.

About Hidden Power, you can't change it for Ditto, because he only learns that move when he is transformed into another pokemon.

You need to have the desired IVs.

Gracideas work only on Shaymin, so you also can't breed/fix IVs for Shedinjas and Unowns.

Regarding the main topic, I understand there are perfectionists, but Ditto's IVs (outside of HP) don't matter. Those super niche, almost non existant scenarios won't happen to you 

1 hour ago, MasterAND said:

About Hidden Power, you can't change it for Ditto, because he only learns that move when he is transformed into another pokemon.

You can. It doesn't need to know the move in order for you to change its type. Just use the gems on it and it'll be the intended type when it transforms.

7 hours ago, MasterAND said:

Hi,

I know that, thank you for the answer.

No you can, even without learning the move you can use the gems that change the type