Level System [Suggestion]

BonceGG

Question

What is my suggestion?: My suggestion is to add a level system to the game. As in typical games, the level system would go from 1 to 100. You would need a certain amount of experience to level up, I'll explain this later.

Why should they add this?: This would show the experience of each player, every time you go up a level you receive a reward, every 10 levels you receive an exclusive item of clothing from the system levels (should be a new item of clothing and not an object because the object would be at high risk of devaluation). Apart from this, the levels will be seen above your head, and next to your chat name. This would be useful to know which players are experienced in the game, and which are not.

What benefits would this bring to the game?: The game would be benefited because people would be more active to reach level 100, this would become one of the goals of all players.

How do players gain experience?:

To level up you need a certain amount of experience, for example at level 1 you would require 25 experience to level up, at level 2 you would need 50 experience, and so on. I don't know how much would be the correct amount of experience to level up, I leave that to the people. Players gain experience with the following things:

-Capturing Pokemon. (+3)

-Defeating npc. (+5) 

-Win against the gym leaders. (+10)

-Win against the elite (+10 each one)and the champion. (+25)

-Collect berries. (+1)

-Hatching an egg (+5) 

-Defeat a wild Pokemon (+1 each one)

-Complete the pokedex of a region (+100)

Of course, there would be more methods to level up, but if I continue like this I will never end with the suggestion.

(Extra: Capture a Shiny / defeat a Shiny: +100 exp.)

As you can see, it's hard to level up, unless you spend a lot of time playing it will be very difficult for you to level up, that would make leveling up very exciting since it won't happen all the time.

Rewards for leveling up: All level up rewards were going straight to PC mail. So that leveling up isn't just silly, Like I said before, they should add a new exclusive item every 10 levels. At level 1 they would give a little money (50-100), at level 2 a pokeball, Level 3 money, level 4 superball, level 5 a MT, And so on.Apart from level 10, They could also add extra exclusive rewards every few levels,For example at level 95 they could give a exclusive badge on the character, They could also add a rare and competitive item like the rests, the toxic orb,  lifen orb, etc...

Where would the experience and my level be shown?: The experience would be shown in the character section, above the character card there would be an experience bar With your level, the experience you need to level up, the reward path, the next reward etc...

Other comments to add: This is my first suggestion, if you have any thoughts on this let me know, thanks!

3 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, BonceGG said:

What is my suggestion?: My suggestion is to add a level system to the game. As in typical games, the level system would go from 1 to 100. You would need a certain amount of experience to level up, I'll explain this later.

Why should they add this?: This would show the experience of each player, every time you go up a level you receive a reward, every 10 levels you receive an exclusive item of clothing from the system levels (should be a new item of clothing and not an object because the object would be at high risk of devaluation). Apart from this, the levels will be seen above your head, and next to your chat name. This would be useful to know which players are experienced in the game, and which are not.

What benefits would this bring to the game?: The game would be benefited because people would be more active to reach level 100, this would become one of the goals of all players.

How do players gain experience?:

To level up you need a certain amount of experience, for example at level 1 you would require 25 experience to level up, at level 2 you would need 50 experience, and so on. I don't know how much would be the correct amount of experience to level up, I leave that to the people. Players gain experience with the following things:

-Capturing Pokemon. (+3)

-Defeating npc. (+5) 

-Win against the gym leaders. (+10)

-Win against the elite (+10 each one)and the champion. (+25)

-Collect berries. (+1)

-Hatching an egg (+5) 

-Defeat a wild Pokemon (+1 each one)

-Complete the pokedex of a region (+100)

Of course, there would be more methods to level up, but if I continue like this I will never end with the suggestion.

(Extra: Capture a Shiny / defeat a Shiny: +100 exp.)

As you can see, it's hard to level up, unless you spend a lot of time playing it will be very difficult for you to level up, that would make leveling up very exciting since it won't happen all the time.

Rewards for leveling up: All level up rewards were going straight to PC mail. So that leveling up isn't just silly, Like I said before, they should add a new exclusive item every 10 levels. At level 1 they would give a little money (50-100), at level 2 a pokeball, Level 3 money, level 4 superball, level 5 a MT, And so on.Apart from level 10, They could also add extra exclusive rewards every few levels,For example at level 95 they could give a exclusive badge on the character, They could also add a rare and competitive item like the rests, the toxic orb,  lifen orb, etc...

Where would the experience and my level be shown?: The experience would be shown in the character section, above the character card there would be an experience bar With your level, the experience you need to level up, the reward path, the next reward etc...

Other comments to add: This is my first suggestion, if you have any thoughts on this let me know, thanks!

We kind of already have this to a certain extent. Here is the Level System at work:

Battle Frontier Ranking Hall

Spoiler

8A2U1UZ.png

Leaderboards:

Spoiler

xiNYZj6.png

As for leveling up and receiving a reward, we have that too in both examples. In the Battle Frontier, if you win 50 rounds without losing, then you will get a Silver Shield and if you win 100 rounds without losing, then you will get a Gold Shield for your Secret Base (plus some Battle Points every 7 rounds you win). As for Matchmaking, you can win prizes with enough matchpoints.

Spoiler

MZQ6WUL.jpg

I think your suggestion to add a level system to the game is a great idea. It would add an element of progression and reward for players, which would encourage them to be more active and engaged in the game. I also like this idea of exclusive items of clothing being rewarded every 10 levels, as it would give players a tangible reward for their efforts.
As for how players would gain experience, I think the methods you suggested are reasonable, but perhaps some of them could be tweaked to make leveling up more challenging. For example, defeating gym leaders and the champion could give more experience points, as they are supposed to be some of the toughest battles in the game.
Overall, I think your suggestion has a lot of potential and would add a lot of value to the game. It would be interesting to see how it would be implemented and how players would respond to it.

Edited by Supernova