Multiple accounts

Hi! I have a question regarding multiple accounts, it's known that you can play on multiple devices but I was wondering if this comes with limitations or restrictions and I'd like to know if it has any effects on:

- PvP

- Events

- Shiny rate

2 hours ago, Combee said:

Hi! I have a question regarding multiple accounts, it's known that you can play on multiple devices but I was wondering if this comes with limitations or restrictions and I'd like to know if it has any effects on:

- PvP

- Events

- Shiny rate

It is illegal to duel yourself in PvP. Same goes for enrolling into an event. You need to pick 1 account to either do PvP or parttake in an event.

To my knowledge, you can shiny hunt on multiple accounts. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the response!

I have some doubts about the last one. I spent weeks shiny hunting on multiple devices at the same time and so far I've only gotten shinies on my main device, which made me think that the game picks an account for that as well. I feel like I'm just unlucky on the other accounts though haha, but I still would like to know an official answer to that

3 hours ago, Combee said:

- PvP

- Events

- Shiny rate

The rules for multi-boxing are intentionally vague because how much discretion GMs give depends on the activity. The question asked when we enforce these rules is "Is this player making the game worse by using multiple accounts?"

In general:

• Players in staff-run events are forbade from multi-accounting and will be disqualified if found.
  • Players in staff-run PvP are forbade from multi-accounting or account sharing and are disqualified, and potentially tempbanned, if found.
  • Players in PvE coop events aren't forbade from multi-accounting at this time, but may be automatically disqualified from rewards depending on the type of event.
  • Players in automated matchmaking PvP aren't forbade from entering the matchmaking pool with multiple accounts. Accounts which play the same other accounts multiple times are restricted from receiving rewards over time, or may not be matched together at all.
  • Players who are shiny hunting on a few accounts are probably going to be ignored, but if you're doing it across 5+, we'll probably just terminate all of your accounts. If you're asking whether there is a passive nerf to their rates, the answer is no. We'd rather just close your account entirely.

But, all of this depends on if we believe that you're playing legitimately and not impacting the game too severely. For example;

• Using automation software to control multiple characters simultaneously, or multiple virtual machines, will get them all closed no matter how many you're playing; and
  • If you're being obnoxious and registering a bunch of characters to inflate the chances of fighting your own characters in matchmaking, we'll also terminate all of them.
  • Kyu locked this topic