CAPTCHA FFS

I am farming daily extensively, a lot of Payday with Meowth though, I do use strings to heal in pokecenter but thats about it.
It seems i am playing like a bot and the game thinks im actually a bot or something... Only goes to show to my skill level being insanely high and i've only been playing for couple weeks now. But it is annoying though imagine im in a battle with a shiny encounter and the captcha malfunctions and i get logged out.. i would lose my shiny encounter catch opportunity... I had it today when i was catching the mantine and even when you type in the right captche sometimes it will still say its wrong... because logic... And Yes i typed it correctly.

So far no issues but its just annoying and if this continues i have no choice but to quit playing the game.

3 hours ago, Zeus3080Ti said:

IM DONE
 image.thumb.png.905c6aa21d9798e4508bb4f132e89118.png

It's because your pay-day'ing. Especially at dragonspiral tower where tons of bots park and payday farm. When you payday there (or other high level pokemon areas) you're going to get a captcha 1x every hour. If you get a captcha, do 1 payday right after solving it, then leave and go do something non-payday related like shiny hunting, or alpha catching or whatever, you'll still get 1 captcha 1hr after your last one - because you did the 1 payday. Its an anti cheat metric everyone who paydays for hours there has to endure, and it helps keep our game from being overrun with bots and yen inflation, just solve the thing and carry on. Either that or go find other ways to farm money. No one is targeting you specifically or anything

5 hours ago, awkways said:

It's because your pay-day'ing. Especially at dragonspiral tower where tons of bots park and payday farm. When you payday there (or other high level pokemon areas) you're going to get a captcha 1x every hour. If you get a captcha, do 1 payday right after solving it, then leave and go do something non-payday related like shiny hunting, or alpha catching or whatever, you'll still get 1 captcha 1hr after your last one - because you did the 1 payday. Its an anti cheat metric everyone who paydays for hours there has to endure, and it helps keep our game from being overrun with bots and yen inflation, just solve the thing and carry on. Either that or go find other ways to farm money. No one is targeting you specifically or anything

I did exactly that, and so i went shiny hunting and i got a CAPTCHA TWICE!.

500h play time i did the pay day thing on berry forest for 7 or 8 hours and never saw 1 captcha... also whats the problem with the captcha it took 5 secs to pass it...if u have time to farm that long whats the problem of 5 secs more...

What happens is interfering in the operation of your bots and bothers you? I don't want to point out but umm something doesn't smell right here

42 minutes ago, Joselon said:

500h play time i did the pay day thing on berry forest for 7 or 8 hours and never saw 1 captcha... also whats the problem with the captcha it took 5 secs to pass it...if u have time to farm that long whats the problem of 5 secs more...

What happens is interfering in the operation of your bots and bothers you? I don't want to point out but umm something doesn't smell right here

the problem with Captcha's is they are something unreadable... look at the one above wtf is that letter or number before 72... Its shit... thats why its annoying these aren't easy to solve captcha's even for people sometimes. Dude im not using any bots that the whole issue i'm having with this, im home all the time im enjoying playing the game, and i get punished for it...
I wouldn't mind one captcha a day... but literally 1 every hour???

6 hours ago, awkways said:

I just did all my berry farming, made some new ones now shunting again lets see if i get any captcha today.

On 4/28/2023 at 12:34 AM, Zeus3080Ti said:

So it seems to me that if you play the game to long the game will actually punish you to stop playing the game... This imo is disgusting.

A captcha isn't a punishment. Just because you get one, it doesn't mean we think you're doing anything you shouldn't, they are simply a check. They take a few seconds to complete and help counteract 3rd party software.

Be happy that it happens only two times a day for u for me its every 30-60Min that i get them while my Friend havent had them a single time in 300 Hours so its certain Accounts who get them more often or some. Admins etc say its Random but its definetly not otherwise i wouldnt have them wayyyy too often in one day while my other two friends NEVER had them. So i feeel u.

19 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

A captcha isn't a punishment. Just because you get one, it doesn't mean we think you're doing anything you shouldn't, they are simply a check. They take a few seconds to complete and help counteract 3rd party software.

It is still very annoying if you get em 6x in less than 5 hours... after the Update i didn't have them anymore, THANK GOD!!! Bu No offense thats to much. I suggest for things such as payday etc that you place an NPC that gives you entrance to payday spots for example upon talking to this NPC and that this NPC displays a timer above his head that you have to speak to it and answer a very simple yet always randomized question so that no captcha is needed but just a simple Q&A to show you're not a bot and then you can payday again for another hour freely without being bothered by CAPTCHA's. Shouldn't be to hard to implement imo. It helps farmers, doesn't annoy them and tells them exactly what they have to do in order to keep farming and if they answer the question incorrectly they cannot farm for 2 hours.

3 hours ago, Zeus3080Ti said:

It is still very annoying if you get em 6x in less than 5 hours... after the Update i didn't have them anymore, THANK GOD!!! Bu No offense thats to much. I suggest for things such as payday etc that you place an NPC that gives you entrance to payday spots for example upon talking to this NPC and that this NPC displays a timer above his head that you have to speak to it and answer a very simple yet always randomized question so that no captcha is needed but just a simple Q&A to show you're not a bot and then you can payday again for another hour freely without being bothered by CAPTCHA's. Shouldn't be to hard to implement imo. It helps farmers, doesn't annoy them and tells them exactly what they have to do in order to keep farming and if they answer the question incorrectly they cannot farm for 2 hours.

This sounds like a longer and more annoying version of what’s happening with the captcha’s 

4 hours ago, Skyk said:

This sounds like a longer and more annoying version of what’s happening with the captcha’s 

Imagine if you will You suddenly encounter a shiny, Captcha pops up, you misstype it for many times in a row,, you get kicked from the game and lost the shiny encounter..
Is that fair? And don't give me th BS of you should have typed it correctly, some letters in these manners are even unreadable for humans and you know exactly what i'm talking about... 

So i ask you is that fair that someone who farms gets punished for playing the game?
Answer is no it is not... A seperate different measure to counter bots can be created but like talking to  a timer NPC or something, instead its not being done... Rather farmers get punished in the game for prolonged farming.

Imagine that a MMO preventing people to grow... Thats basically like in real life you earn money from working but you have to pay up 20-50% of what you earn to the government which in a sense is illegal to begin with because taxation is voluntary, it just goes to show how insane this captcha can be if it happens on the wrong moments, not to mention the duration of which they appear once you do farm a long time.. I can barely make 400 steps then before getting a pop up after having it had once.

I haven't done the payday farming now as much as i'd like to because chances are if i do, i get punished further...
Then whats the incentive to play? I can understand why people are leaving now... makes sense...
How about encountering to many pokemon on a daily basis while shiny hunting why isn't that being punished instead? SIts the same idea its a form of farming.

But the sad part about this is even when you have farmed a lot in Payday spots, when you remove yourself from it even to another region to hunt a shiny for example the same bloody captcha's will persist eventhough you're doing totally different activity... As if you're being put on a multiple hour list or something. And i can guarantee you they have internal lists of farmers in their database to make sure farmers get punished.

And this should be openly discussed and known.

12 hours ago, Zeus3080Ti said:

But the sad part about this is even when you have farmed a lot in Payday spots, when you remove yourself from it even to another region to hunt a shiny for example the same bloody captcha's will persist eventhough you're doing totally different activity... As if you're being put on a multiple hour list or something. And i can guarantee you they have internal lists of farmers in their database to make sure farmers get punished.

Stop making assumptions that you have no idea about. It's alright to have an hypothesis but outright making claims or conclusions without the facts doesn't make you a smarter human being. 

I understand that captchas can be annoying to some, but we should all be grateful that the system is here to check players for any potential abnormality. Keeps the game cleaner by removing all the sad persons that we call botters.