Moveset and Abillity update

sharpness gallade seems a little broken.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 175-207 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 214-253 (50.5 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 177-211 (55.3 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 276-325 (65 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

41 minutes ago, jakerocks73fan said:

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 175-207 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 214-253 (50.5 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 177-211 (55.3 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 276-325 (65 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

And that's OU walls. Gallade sits in NU for now. 

1 hour ago, jakerocks73fan said:

gallade is slow and frail and there are a lot of fighting options, i dont think its going to be ou let alone op in the tier

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

gallade is slow and frail and there are a lot of fighting options, i dont think its going to be ou let alone op in the tier

well gallade's sacred sword hits as hard as conk's cc and gallade has a secondary psychic typing with stab sharpness boosted psycho cut and good coverage. I guess time will tell. Dont think it'll be that good against most HO teams but stall will have to start using sableye or something

I was more thinking about nu environment. 

Sableye and Jolly bat will handle it tho 

well gallade's sacred sword hits as hard as conk's cc and gallade has a secondary psychic typing with stab sharpness boosted psycho cut and good coverage. I guess time will tell. Dont think it'll be that good against most HO teams but stall will have to start using sableye or something

gallade can also be trapped easily by both dugtrio and pursuit users so at best it will kill 1 mon vs stall and proceed to get trapped

Gallade will go to OU given this huge buff. 

The new SR/Spikes users will make the environment pretty interesting. I anticipate Quagsire naturally going to OU, which will make set up sweepers more powerful in the lower tiers. Will need to keep a close eye. Gastrodon becomes infinitely better and might be UU, if Quagsire has so much usage that keeps it there. 

Special shout out to Spikes Chomp and SR Hydreigon. Not many Defoggers will want to stand up to them.

Honchkrow with U-turn will be great, same with SD Dugtrio.

Drill Run Closter isn't that exciting.

Other changes shouldn't be so significant, but we'll see. 

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

Gallade will go to OU given this huge buff. 

The new SR/Spikes users will make the environment pretty interesting. I anticipate Quagsire naturally going to OU, which will make set up sweepers more powerful in the lower tiers. Will need to keep a close eye. Gastrodon becomes infinitely better and might be UU, if Quagsire has so much usage that keeps it there. 

Special shout out to Spikes Chomp and SR Hydreigon. Not many Defoggers will want to stand up to them.

Honchkrow with U-turn will be great, same with SD Dugtrio.

Drill Run Closter isn't that exciting.

Other changes shouldn't be so significant, but we'll see. 

Dugtrio fragile, it would be almost impossible to setup. RK sets would still be better. However it can be a threat because of Gallade being according to some people, better stallbreaker of OU, forcing Dugtrio on every team more defensive-focused.

Sableye with Dual Screens is something bad right now, but once berrys bug gets fixed, Azumarill Belly Drum will start reigning on NU. Altaria with Will o Wisp is a big threat to physical attackers except Blaziken(That can't be burned) and Luxray(Can be burned but doesn't care due to Guts)

Edited by caioxlive13

I was hesitant to post here, (just want to note this might not be entirely accurate/viable) but snow just buffed any ice type especially on the lower tiers whether you're using it offensively or defensively. Pilowswine living a CC in snow from a blaziken is quite interesting, this is just my analysis from theorycrafting but being able to take advantage of evasion/speed while setting up or living a +1 scrafty drain punch with vani specs is quite interesting & LC looks rather fun once the bugs are fixed 🙂

While this is just on paper, i'm sure any good player would take that into consideration when building, especially now that we have quite alot of buffs to mons already stated.

From this:

252+ Atk Blaziken Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Piloswine: 170-204 (82.1 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

To this:

252+ Atk Blaziken Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Piloswine in Snow: 116-138 (56 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Vanilluxe in Snow: 218-260 (76.7 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

And while i'm at it, cooked up a pretty heat team if anyone wants to try it.

https://pokepast.es/0699e0c39ba9e92b

On 4/28/2023 at 10:15 AM, jakerocks73fan said:

Agility on Gallade might make up for his lack of speed.

On 4/28/2023 at 1:33 AM, kiwi said:

gallade can also be trapped easily by both dugtrio and pursuit users so at best it will kill 1 mon vs stall and proceed to get trapped

What Pursuit trappers can handle it though? Also that ain't gonna kill half the time. 

Dugtrio needs to worry about priority as well. 4 attacks seems very reasonable, even sub + 3 attacks is a lit set. Doesn't need much coverage. 

Sacred Sword

Psycho Cut

Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch

Leaf Blade/Substitute

With Life Orb? GG's. 

Apart from Gallade and quagsire, im excited about the Breloom buff. Since now breloom can take out two of it's common counters in OU (amoonguss with zen headbutt and skarm with CC). With bullet seed as a 3rd move it can pressure walls like jellicent and gliscor from switching in. But for all this to work u might have to drop either mach punch or rock tomb, both of which are still really good on breloom and makes predicting the set even more important for balanced/stall players. I believe this might even turn out to be a buff in usage rate for weezing, which remains as one of the few walls which can still tank a breloom and force a switch. Also 2 consecutive CC from breloom on something like skarm makes it weak to a revenge kill, so that will be an interesting part of the play.

Breloom now runs into the classic 4MSS issue where it has the tools but it just can't check everything. Common set will likely be the following:

Life Orb w/

Mach Punch

Bullet Seed

Close Combat/Spore

Zen Headbutt/Rock Tomb

It will take some scouting and an Amoongus will still do the job coming in on any attack to find what moves the 'loom has. Carrying Protect will make it even easier to figure it out. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.