[OU Discussion] Gallade

14 hours ago, Imperial said:

I said that and someone deleted my response in literally 30 seconds even though it contributed to the discussion. I was just talking slang like the dude was, why did it get removed?

I said to keep the thread civil, that goes for everyone.  Posts that can't will be removed and users issued warnings.  We've been pretty lenient thus far but its not going to be anymore.  If you or anyone else cannot do that I would suggest not responding to that guy, same for him towards everybody else.

14 hours ago, Ajbramberg said:

Did i double post somewhere? Also still not relevant because lucario is still a sp atker and its not a serious comp mon . And i know you didnt just try to justify a bad nature by addimg two numbers together to make 70% of 5% do it thats 0.035% and adamant isnt even half that number  if you are going to sit here and throw out less than a percent of a percent numbers as a way to back something up idk what to even say.

They were removed.  Also you cannot present an argument and then say its irrelevant when someone rebukes that argument, it doesn't really work that way.

10 hours ago, gbwead said:

The most common Gallade set is Life Orb:

38ce70eec3d6aad0de393249b1e462ae.png

If you lead Ttar and I lead Gallade, you can't freely switch on Cofagrigus or Weezing. That's a prediction (hoping I clikc Sacred Sword on Ttar as you switch out) because if I do SD as you switch out, Cofagrigus will get OHKO. This means, no WoW, no Pain Split, none of that. Your scenario only applies if your opponent does exactly what you want him/her to do. You don't get to choose when your opponent's mon is choice locked and when it isn't.

Life Orb imo is not that great. Without Choice scarf you lose to anything that hits from Physical Side and had more than 80 Base speed. Gallade's bulk is very simillar to Flareon's bulk, to see how bad he are. And if we take a close look, the most common offenses had at least 2 mons able to outspeed it. Rain have at least Kingdra and Kabutops and may have more depending of team. Smurf offenses depend of Variation. Mushroom has 3(Chomp, Volca, Starmie) and Snake had 4(All from other variation + Serperior), with Nite on both variations having a speedtie. So Gallade take easily a outspeed.

6 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Cmon Munya, stop derailing this thread by talking about Lucario.

On this note, I would like to point that that Assault Vest is now the third most used item on Gallade right after Life Orb and Choice Scarf. Gallade's bulk is pretty good.

Cute that you say that sarcastically but actually said that to me earlier when i said new abillities may come for other pokes in the future and my comment was deleted.  Assault vest does nothing to stop its def fragility which is what has been quoted by many here as a downside of gallade and also disable SD so once again not really relevant to a discussion about how SD gallade with orb is too strong

4 minutes ago, Ajbramberg said:

Cute that you say that sarcastically but actually said that to me earlier when i said new abillities may come for other pokes in the future and my comment was deleted.  

I had only two interactions with you in this thread and there was no mention of new abilities, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

5 minutes ago, Ajbramberg said:

Assault vest does nothing to stop its def fragility which is what has been quoted by many here as a downside of gallade

Indeed, Assault Vest does not boost Gallade's physical defense. People that run Assault Vest on Gallade use Gallade vs stuff like Hydreigon and Volcarona. There is nothing wrong with that. If Gallade is capable of tanking a Choice Spec Hurricane Kingdra or a Shadow Ball Life Orb Gengar, that's relevant, that's impressive bulk, that's something to talk about.

11 minutes ago, Ajbramberg said:

also disable SD so once again not really relevant to a discussion about how SD gallade with orb is too strong

This thread is about Gallade. This means we can talk about SD Gallade. We can talk about Scarf Gallade. We can talk about Assault Vest Gallade. If someone wants to talk about Impish Leftovers Gallade, that's allowed too. We should look at what each set can do and what are the counter plays for each set. If some of the counter plays suggested work for more than one set, that's good, that would mean stopping Gallade is easy. However, if the Gallade's counter plays are few and set limited, in that case there is a problem. That's something to figure out and that's what this thread is for.

Just respond GB's idea, I tried it in rank many times and it's pretty good set. that's how crazy it is:

252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Gallade: 252-296 (90.9 - 106.8%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Gallade in Rain: 211-249 (76.1 - 89.8%)

And with S-Sword/PsyCut+shadow sneak, It hit back almost all the special attackers.

Vs Kingdra/Serperior:Sacred Sword 84.5 - 100% , Shadow Sneak 16.8 - 19.9%

Vs Volcarona:Psycho Cut 83.9 - 98.7% , Shadow Sneak 21.5 - 25.4%

Also many spa mons like Starmie, hydregon and Gengar hit effectively, no need any calculation then.

Lastly, Vs bold volvarona(Most of bold set will outspeed breloom, Gallade have higher chance to kill it):

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 172-204 (45.9 - 54.5%)

252+ Atk Gallade Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 45-53 (12 - 14.1%)

+1 0 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Gallade: 111-132 (40 - 47.6%)

AV gallade can tank +1 bug buzz twice and have chance to hit 2 PsyCut+Shadow sneak, also Volcarona can not keep roosting to pray a burn to Gallade, just see how great this mon is.

Lastly it does not loss any offensive potential, Sharpness=Free CB, in any case, this is not bad.

Having 2 stabs moves that have respectively 135 and 120 Base Power with no drawback/100 accuracy is gamebreaking. Especially since fighting plus psychic cover such a vast part of the metagame, you just need to pair that with a 105 BP Night Slash to be able to threaten 2HKOing nearly anything.

Its main weaknesses are its frail physical bulk, its middling speed and its vulnerability to pursuit trapping if locked on a psychic/dark move.

I don't believe these weaknesses are easy enough to abuse. While its defense is quite bad it is still able to tank most priority moves with relative ease (it also resists fighting prios). Its speed allows is to comfortably outspeed any defensive mon. Offensive teams would be best to abuse this weakness, yet Gallade could still be scarfed and hit like a truck. At last, pursuit trapping a choice-locked Gallade would often require you to sacrifice a Pokemon to a psychic or dark move, or is heavily prediction reliant if you don't want to sacrifice anything and switch your Weavile or Tyranitar on these moves (Also, so far, less than 40% of the Gallades are choice locked on the ladder). Add to all of that the fact that it's difficult to chip it with Rocky Helmet due to Psycho Cut not being a contact move, and Gallade being potentially scarf/lifeorb/AV/sash/band/lum berry/even scope lens since it can use so many crit moves. This seems very overwhelming to me.

Dealing with Gallade with a bulky team would require you to be able to threaten to tank a hit and inflict status on most of your mons, or using super-effective moves such as Acrobatics with Gliscor (and hopefully the Gallade isn't Ice Punch I guess). That's quite restricting. It is much easier to handle it with an offensive team although Gallade can still be a pain to those if it uses a scarf or a sash.

I'm looking forward to see how the meta will adapt to that.

2 hours ago, Ziiiiio said:

AV gallade can tank +1 bug buzz twice and have chance to hit 2 PsyCut+Shadow sneak, also Volcarona can not keep roosting to pray a burn to Gallade, just see how great this mon is.

Even scarier to think psycho cut can't even proc flame body. Also, the calcs at level 50 versus level 100 change a bit so psy cut has a higher chance to 2hko assuming volc doesn't roost, but ur point still stands. 

1 hour ago, Azphiel said:

or using super-effective moves such as Acrobatics with Gliscor (and hopefully the Gallade isn't Ice Punch I guess). 

Is it of any concern that in this case Gliscor couldn't run toxic orb and therefore get the benefit of its amazing ability? Just a thought - but like you said it is very restricting to lose toxic on gliscor for a flying gem or itemless for strong acros. 

26 minutes ago, Scootter said:

s it of any concern that in this case Gliscor couldn't run toxic orb and therefore get the benefit of its amazing ability? Just a thought - but like you said it is very restricting to lose toxic on gliscor for a flying gem or itemless for strong acros. 

If you are creative enough you can use both 110 base power acrobatics and toxic orb on Gliscor !

I feel the strategic aspect is a bit ignored. Like when you see Gallade in the team preview it should be quite clear what are your options against him, what are his targets, his potential switch ins etc. And given his bulk and his speed, Gallade cannot sweep. So I feel it's quite easy to limit Gallade to a 1 for 1 exchange at best with your team. Not saying 1 for 1 is bad, but typically making a single mistake against a versatile pokemon like Dragonite could end up in a free DD and Dragonite actually sweeping an entire team. But Dragonite could be choice banded as well, that ambiguity is scary, Gallade is far less ambiguous.

On top of that Gallade move choice when in, will be fairly obvious so Gallade becomes quite vulnerable to some predictions, nothing guaranteed, but that diminishes its expected value.

Similarly when your Wall is in, it will either be Gallade coming in to revenge kill which I think is the actual positions mostly discussed by people on this topic. Or trying to get a free switch in but that's dangerous, any attack from the wall will do relevant damage to Gallade (Gyro ball does 50%, Brave Bird OHKO, Will O Wisp etc.), and the wall switching out kills your momentum and puts Gallade in a bad situation

Also in OP post we see that mons like Garchomp & Gliscor do very well against him & they are popular in the meta. So once again it's more a question of what mon Gallade is actually replacing in existing teams, what do you take out to put Gallade in and why.

Beating stall/a wall mon with Gallade is a commitment (you take stealth rock, maybe life orb damage, dude predicts Gallade coming in, etc.), there are tons of alternatives with very little commitment, trick rotom, taunting, etc. etc.

But I haven't seen Gallade enough yet, that's my biggest gripe actually, I want to feel its power lol and face it more than that, give the poor mon some time

Edited by Merckis

We finally have some real tournament action for Gallade as this tournament took place a few days ago, and since I finished 2nd behind @gbweadI've experienced and seen a lot of games in this tournament, so here are my thoughts on Gallade.

The first thing I want to say is EVERYONE CAME PREPARED FOR GALLADE. So it's not a problem of adaptation, the things Gallade did in this tournament was done AGAINST its counterplay.  This is very important. Also this tournament was an invitational so we assume the average quality of players in this tournament is higher than the average of the PokeMMO community, therefore if Gallade is very oppressing it's not due to poor skill from the opponent.

So here is what I noticed, first people used a lot of Jolly Gliscor, Pursuit User and Offensive teams. Despite that Gallade was way too good due to the 2 main sets I've seen : Assault Vest and Choice Scarf.

For let's tell the obvious, if Gallade can switch moves, and uses Ice Punch like most of the ones we've seen this tournament, any team that's not offensive will get into a lot of trouble, obviously it's not impossible either but Gallade isnt the only Pokemon in the team and it's not too hard to make it very overwhelming.

Now for more offensive teams, Assault Vest Gallade is a nightmare, it can stay on stupid stuff and take one or two KOs pretty easily, just for being there. Also you always have to take into account this Gallade could be scarfed, and Scarf Gallade into Offense is really terrifying, it does so much damage that it doesnt need much more support than a team that's able to weaken a bit of everything to close it up. Also it's noteworthy that Scarf Gallade is very good against slower teams too, i've seen it run Ice Punch to afraid Gliscor and be able to trick something else, and you just come back to the first scenario but better for the Gallade user.

And that's not taking into account other sets that are more specific in the way that they can demolish even more easily a lot of teams but less universal. Substitute 3 atk, Choice Band, SD LO, SD Lum, 4 Atk Lum, 4 Atk Leftovers, all of that is doable and has its traits. Gallade's item isn't that much important when it's not Choiced so if Dugtrio becomes the norm to try to beat Gallade then it can use Shed Shell way more confortably than a lot of other Pokemon.

EDIT : Even something as niche as Muscle Band is good since it gives you the 2HKO on Skarmory after rocks without drawback : 252+ Atk Muscle Band Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 147-174 (44 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Also sets like Bulk Up to be better into Pursuit have not been explored yet and could make it even better, this Pokemon is insane in term of versatility while still always retaining its ability to threaten the whole metagame, which means it doesnt have to pick its counter, it just picks what it beats harder than the rest.

Conclusion : Please nuke this thing, it's equally unskilled as it is strong, doesnt require specific build to work, and has very limited counterplay. People don't understand a broken Pokemon doesnt have to sweep you right away to be too good, this shit does way too much for a single slot in a pokemon team requiring no support.

Edited by Zokuru
32 minutes ago, Zokuru said:

We finally have some real tournament action for Gallade as this tournament took place a few days ago, and since I finished 2nd behind @gbweadI've experienced and seen a lot of games in this tournament, so here are my thoughts on Gallade.

The first thing I want to say is EVERYONE CAME PREPARED FOR GALLADE. So it's not a problem of adaptation, the things Gallade did in this tournament was done AGAINST its counterplay.  This is very important. Also this tournament was an invitational so we assume the average quality of players in this tournament is higher than the average of the PokeMMO community, therefore if Gallade is very oppressing it's not due to poor skill from the opponent.

So here is what I noticed, first people used a lot of Jolly Gliscor, Pursuit User and Offensive teams. Despite that Gallade was way too good due to the 2 main sets I've seen : Assault Vest and Choice Scarf.

For let's tell the obvious, if Gallade can switch moves, and uses Ice Punch like most of the ones we've seen this tournament, any team that's not offensive will get into a lot of trouble, obviously it's not impossible either but Gallade isnt the only Pokemon in the team and it's not too hard to make it very overwhelming.

Now for more offensive teams, Assault Vest Gallade is a nightmare, it can stay on stupid stuff and take one or two KOs pretty easily, just for being there. Also you always have to take into account this Gallade could be scarfed, and Scarf Gallade into Offense is really terrifying, it does so much damage that it doesnt need much more support than a team that's able to weaken a bit of everything to close it up. Also it's noteworthy that Scarf Gallade is very good against slower teams too, i've seen it run Ice Punch to afraid Gliscor and be able to trick something else, and you just come back to the first scenario but better for the Gallade user.

And that's not taking into account other sets that are more specific in the way that they can demolish even more easily a lot of teams but less universal. Substitute 3 atk, Choice Band, SD LO, SD Lum, 4 Atk Lum, 4 Atk Leftovers, all of that is doable and has its traits. Gallade's item isn't that much important when it's not Choiced so if Dugtrio becomes the norm to try to beat Gallade then it can use Shed Shell way more confortably than a lot of other Pokemon.

EDIT : Even something as niche as Muscle Band is good since it gives you the 2HKO on Skarmory after rocks without drawback : 252+ Atk Muscle Band Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 147-174 (44 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Also sets like Bulk Up to be better into Pursuit have not been explored yet and could make it even better, this Pokemon is insane in term of versatility while still always retaining its ability to threaten the whole metagame, which means it doesnt have to pick its counter, it just picks what it beats harder than the rest.

Conclusion : Please nuke this thing, it's equally unskilled as it is strong, doesnt require specific build to work, and has very limited counterplay. People don't understand a broken Pokemon doesnt have to sweep you right away to be too good, this shit does way too much for a single slot in a pokemon team requiring no support.

I agree with all of your points completely except for one point - my theory is that they may have introduced Gallade as a balance to potentially adding more regenerator mons in the next update (e.g. Slowbro/Alomomola/Tangrowth) or potentially one/two new legends like they did with Shaymin for the CNY event.

I say this because I know how opposed the community were to regenerator mons being added to the current meta, and adding more alongside Amoongus with no knock off buff etc is just going to be incredibly annoying to face, if not boring.

My POV is I'd like to see what they're planning to add in the next update. If they're planning on introducing legends/regen mons, keep Gallade. If there won't be any new significant changes in the next update, then either nerf Sharpness from 50% to 25% or remove the ability altogether.

2 minutes ago, Zokuru said:

Regenerator Pokemon don't beat Gallade, and if they are too good for the game and need Gallade to be balanced then they shouldnt be introduced.

Apologies I meant Gallade to try and pressure the regenerator mons, but I agree with your point regardless just my theory.

4 hours ago, Imperial said:

I agree with all of your points completely except for one point - my theory is that they may have introduced Gallade as a balance to potentially adding more regenerator mons in the next update (e.g. Slowbro/Alomomola/Tangrowth) or potentially one/two new legends like they did with Shaymin for the CNY event.

I say this because I know how opposed the community were to regenerator mons being added to the current meta, and adding more alongside Amoongus with no knock off buff etc is just going to be incredibly annoying to face, if not boring.

My POV is I'd like to see what they're planning to add in the next update. If they're planning on introducing legends/regen mons, keep Gallade. If there won't be any new significant changes in the next update, then either nerf Sharpness from 50% to 25% or remove the ability altogether.

I prefer the ability nerfed. It would still let him viable but not "gamebreaking".

gallade is not broken

to start each set has these defaults

exemple : for the scarf choice if he faces a pursuit like weavile or tyranitar it will be complicated

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit (40 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 82-97 (57.3 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage if gallade switch gallade die

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Pursuit (40 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 69-82 (48.2 - 57.3%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO  if gallade switch a lot chance to die

if I play a weezing for example and it anticipates the poke dark the gallade risks the burn 

if i stagne and gallade use psyco cut ok he kill me but i can rk with my dark type

I played gallade scarf quite a bit and the match up against rain is not easy either

for gallade sword dance life orb you cant use sword dance vs offense cause full mons outspeed gallade and have big dammage

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 121-144 (84.6 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO  a cool chomp with not life orb

252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 97-115 (67.8 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO good dammage too if you scared use earhquake cause gyrados or dragonite for exemple if you use dragon claw and he stagne he die with life orb and abillty on chomp

252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 124-147 (86.7 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO  a cool excadrill not adamant not life orb

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gallade: 122-146 (85.3 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO  a cool gengar not modest not life orb

252 SpA Life Orb Analytic Starmie Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 136-161 (95.1 - 112.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO classic starmie

252 Atk Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 124-147 (86.7 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO  cool infernape 

252 Atk Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 330-390 (230.7 - 272.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO 

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 120-142 (83.9 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO nice dammage

252 Atk Gyarados Bounce vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 200-236 (139.8 - 165%) -- guaranteed OHKO you can play power herbe if you scared he switch

you can tell me yes but he does not come like that on gallade but gallade sowrd dance dont have a good speed all this pokemon have more speed than gallade

in situation offense vs gallade, gallade dont have adventage vs chomp, excadrill ect

gallade sowrd dance not good vs rain too 

for the gallade assault vest I don't know him too well but I imagine he's still not good against physical offenses too

after yes in match it is sometimes hard to become how is the gallade but it is the same with an infernape for example

and and gallade who can change his move is not necessarily to the advantage of the gallade vs a weavile or a scizor for example (its 50-50)

cause if weavile use night slash or scizor use bullet punch (not cool for gallade if stagne)

6 hours ago, MadaraSixSix said:

gallade is not broken

to start each set has these defaults

exemple : for the scarf choice if he faces a pursuit like weavile or tyranitar it will be complicated

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit (40 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 82-97 (57.3 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage if gallade switch gallade die

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Pursuit (40 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 69-82 (48.2 - 57.3%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO  if gallade switch a lot chance to die

if I play a weezing for example and it anticipates the poke dark the gallade risks the burn 

if i stagne and gallade use psyco cut ok he kill me but i can rk with my dark type

I played gallade scarf quite a bit and the match up against rain is not easy either

for gallade sword dance life orb you cant use sword dance vs offense cause full mons outspeed gallade and have big dammage

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 121-144 (84.6 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO  a cool chomp with not life orb

252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 97-115 (67.8 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO good dammage too if you scared use earhquake cause gyrados or dragonite for exemple if you use dragon claw and he stagne he die with life orb and abillty on chomp

252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 124-147 (86.7 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO  a cool excadrill not adamant not life orb

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gallade: 122-146 (85.3 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO  a cool gengar not modest not life orb

252 SpA Life Orb Analytic Starmie Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 136-161 (95.1 - 112.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO classic starmie

252 Atk Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 124-147 (86.7 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO  cool infernape 

252 Atk Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 330-390 (230.7 - 272.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO 

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 120-142 (83.9 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO nice dammage

252 Atk Gyarados Bounce vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 200-236 (139.8 - 165%) -- guaranteed OHKO you can play power herbe if you scared he switch

you can tell me yes but he does not come like that on gallade but gallade sowrd dance dont have a good speed all this pokemon have more speed than gallade

in situation offense vs gallade, gallade dont have adventage vs chomp, excadrill ect

gallade sowrd dance not good vs rain too 

for the gallade assault vest I don't know him too well but I imagine he's still not good against physical offenses too

after yes in match it is sometimes hard to become how is the gallade but it is the same with an infernape for example

and and gallade who can change his move is not necessarily to the advantage of the gallade vs a weavile or a scizor for example (its 50-50)

cause if weavile use night slash or scizor use bullet punch (not cool for gallade if stagne)

It had several issues. I sayed earliet that Smurf offense wins vs Gallade? Is because if are LO, any faster mon with physical atk had less problem to kill it. Scarfed is also bad matchup because i'm sacrifiing one of my mons so i can gain a free turn to setup.

Usage stats as of Today:

Usage
Win Rate
  Overall Tournament
Garchomp 40.64% 41.18% 51.19%
Scizor 33.06% 32.14% 51.14%
Rotom-W 28.73% 28.36% 51.88%
Dragonite 26.60% 31.72% 52.28%
Tyranitar 18.57% 16.18% 50.58%
Starmie 18.26% 21.43% 52.20%
Gallade 15.80% 21.43% 53.63%
Gliscor 15.77% 19.75% 52.09%
Chansey 15.04% 11.34% 48.68%
Conkledurr 14.44% 14.92% 51.37%
Breloom 13.65% 12.39% 53.39%
Volcarona 13.21% 11.97% 48.01%
Hydreigon 12.27% 15.76% 50.29%
Amoongus 12.11% 14.71% 53.40%
Mienshao 11.71% 8.40% 48.53%
Gyarados 11.58% 16.18% 48.97%
Pelipper 11.45% 9.03% 49.08%
Skarmory 11.06% 10.50% 51.09%
Excadrill 10.45% 15.13% 53.00%
Kingdra 10.44% 7.35% 49.18%
Ferrothorn 10.30% 6.51% 46.92%
Serperior 9.92% 13.45% 53.36%
Weavile 8.73% 10.92% 51.57%
Reuniclus 8.51% 11.55% 53.83%
Metagross 8.41% 22.69% 54.16%
Mamoswine 7.58% 11.34% 54.48%
Chandelure 7.49% 6.09% 48.32%
Darmanitan 7.23% 2.73% 48.66%
Infernape 7.18% 11.97% 52.36%
Gengar 6.96% 3.99% 43.78%
Togekiss 6.84% 4.20% 49.44%
Kabutops 6.71% 5.88% 50.39%
Cofagrigus 6.44% 2.73% 45.69%
Blissey 6.13% 2.94% 46.40%
Espeon 5.86% 4.20% 51.06%
Lucario 5.72% 6.72% 51.53%
Magnezone 5.65% 6.09% 52.67%
Jellicent 5.34% 11.34% 55.24%
Weezing 4.57% 3.99% 51.30%
Torkoal 4.56% 1.47% 47.35%
Ditto 4.16% 1.89% 49.99%
Seismitoad 4.12% 3.78% 50.12%
Porygon2 4.01% 4.41% 54.90%
Salamence 3.95% 1.89% 46.73%
Milotic 3.86% 1.89% 42.34%
Bronzong 3.74% 2.94% 52.61%
Toxicroak 3.68% 3.15% 49.60%
Empoleon 3.44% 2.31% 51.89%
Mandibuzz 3.22% 5.25% 52.01%
Cloyster 3.22% 1.68% 45.69%
Hippowdon 3.10% 2.73% 48.57%
Jolteon 3.08% 1.26% 39.19%
Venusaur 2.98% 1.05% 46.87%
Sableye 2.85% 2.94% 52.99%
Crobat 2.44% 1.26% 44.61%
Gastrodon 2.34% 4.62% 50.18%
Dugtrio 2.34% 3.36% 56.24%

I would like to present my analysis on the following Gallade set because that is the set I tested:
Gallade @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Sharpness  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Sacred Sword  
- Psycho Cut  
- Leaf Blade  
- Trick

Vs Garchomp

Spoiler

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 129-153 (70.4 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 100-118 (54.6 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 86-102 (46.9 - 55.7%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO 

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 121-144 (84.6 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO 

Gallade can 2HKO Garchomp with stab moves and a good chance to 2HKO Garchomp with Leaf Blade. Since 2 hits are required to secure a kill, Gallade would take 11.88% Rough Skin Dmg twice by using Sacred Sword and Leaf Blade. In a 1v1 situation, Gallade will likely lose the encounter vs Garchomp if it locks itself on a contact move giving the dmg output of EQ the the rough skin dmg. 

Overall, in most situations, Garchomp can't really afford to switch into Gallade and expect to survive unless the Garchomp is Choice Scarf or Bulky.

Vs Scizor

Spoiler

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 124-147 (70.8 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 48-57 (27.4 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 20-24 (11.4 - 13.7%) -- possible 8HKO 

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 120-142 (83.9 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

If Gallade is healthy enough to survive, Scizor can only switch on Psycho Cut or Leaf Blade. Otherwise, it will automatically lose. In a 1v1 situation, Scizor should pretty much always win.

Vs Rotom-W

Spoiler

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Rotom-Wash: 85-102 (54.1 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Rotom-Wash: 67-79 (42.6 - 50.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Rotom-Wash: 114-136 (72.6 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery 

0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 58-69 (40.5 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO 

Rotom-W can never really afford to switch on Gallade. Even if Psycho Cut is not a 2HKO, any prior dmg could be enough to secure the kill on top of the increased chance to crit (23.44%). In a 1v1 situation, if Rotom-W is healthy, Gallade would be at risk of taking WoW to the face or chipped by Volt Switch into a pokemon immune to w.e Gallade locked itself into.

Vs Dragonite

Spoiler

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 31-37 (18.6 - 22.2%) -- possible 5HKO 
252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 50-59 (30.1 - 35.5%) -- 26.7% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 10-12 (6 - 7.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 63-75 (37.9 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO 
252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 100-118 (60.2 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 
252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 21-25 (12.6 - 15%) -- possible 7HKO 

252+ Atk Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 108-127 (75.5 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 
252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 72-85 (50.3 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 107-127 (74.8 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

If Dragonite still has multiscale, Gallade can't 2HKO it with anything other than Psycho Cut and even Psycho Cut Might not be enough. Considering Dragonite most common item is leftovers (42.82% usage), there is a good chance Dragonite will be out of range of getting KO by a second Psycho Cut. Not killing with Gallade is almost certain death vs Dragonite since Dclaw does a lot (not to mention Dragon Gem) and Extreme Speed can be used as a nice finisher if Gallade is not healthy.

Vs Tyranitar

Spoiler

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 448-532 (216.4 - 257%) -- guaranteed OHKO 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 150-178 (72.4 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 150-178 (85.7 - 101.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO 

Gallade Psycho Cut vs. Tyranitar: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst move ever 

252+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 108-127 (75.5 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage 

Obviously, a locked Gallade into Psycho Cut is screwed vs Tyranitar. Tyranitar will automatically die against Sacred Sword. Tyranitar will likely live Leaf Blade if healthy, but can't afford to switch in on that move. 

Important note: If Gallade for w.e reason chooses to do Trick and TTar switches in, Gallade will still outspeed Ttar if Ttar is not speed invested, so that's not as awful as it may first look. On top of that, Ttar doesn't have a clean KO on Gallade with Crunch, but chip dmg from Sand or anything else is a big factor.

Vs Starmie

Spoiler

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 188-222 (139.2 - 164.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 70-83 (51.8 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 54-65 (40 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO 

252 SpA Starmie Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 81-96 (56.6 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 58-69 (40.5 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO 

252 SpA Analytic Starmie Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 103-123 (72 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252 SpA Life Orb Analytic Starmie Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 134-160 (93.7 - 111.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO 

Starmie has no business switching into Starmie, w.e the move Gallade locks itself into, Starmie will likely lose. Starmie might want to switch into a Trick in order to secure some dmg or a rapid spin, but that's very disappoiting.

Vs Gliscor

Spoiler

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 60-72 (32.9 - 39.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 4HKO after Poison Heal 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 38-45 (20.8 - 24.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Poison Heal 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 51-61 (28 - 33.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Poison Heal 

0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 76-90 (53.1 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Gallade can simply not do anything vs Gliscor. Even trick will only get Gallade toxiced which might end up being a good thing depending on the rest of the team, but when it comes to the encounter vs Gliscor, Gallade is blocked.

I have to go and will try to complete this analysis later.
So far, in the top 8, only Gliscor and Dnite can switch in with relative low risk against this set. In 1v1 situation, Gallade is in a bad spot vs all of them except Ttar and Starmie.

Vs Chansey

Spoiler

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 318-374 (89 - 104.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 106-125 (29.6 - 35%) -- 26.1% chance to 3HKO 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 124-147 (34.7 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO 

Chansey can afford to switch on Gallade when it locks itself on Leaf Blade and Psycho Cut. However, if Gallade does Trick or Sacred Sword, Chansey is basically dead or as good as dead. In a 1v1 situation, if Chansey doesn't run Protect, it will be forced to predict.

Vs Conkeldurr

Spoiler

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 84 HP / 84 Def Conkeldurr: 186-218 (97.3 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 84 HP / 84 Def Conkeldurr: 118-139 (61.7 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage 

252+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 84 HP / 84 Def Conkeldurr: 79-93 (41.3 - 48.6%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after burn damage 

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 193-228 (134.9 - 159.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 78-92 (54.5 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade: 42-49 (29.3 - 34.2%) -- 4.1% chance to 3HKO 

Conkeldurr can't really switch into Gallade unless it predicts it will do Trick (that would be disastreous for Gallade). Even Leaf Blade has a chance to 2HKO when we consider chip dmg from Flame Orb on Conkeldurr. In a 1v1 situation, Gallade needs to do Psycho Cut. Otherwise, if Conkeldurr is healthy, Gallade will be at risk of getting KO'd by Facade Conkeldurr.

Edited by gbwead