TT of the year vanity

• ChronoRike changed the title to TT of the year vanity

I did not want to address this publicly, but I feel I should as I saw this thread was created.

First off, I would like to thank the team for considering implementing the vanity as an addition in the first place - it was a really cool idea and a great incentive for future teams to try and reach the top 3 teams in Team Tournament.

However, the process for how this was handled was completely wrong and I hope this process never repeats for future winners.

First, we were told that we would expect to receive the item within the first few weeks of the New Year. All teams were requested to provide a list of players to receive the vanity, which was done so fairly. I understand this would take a while as staff would need to cross-check with their records.

Secondly, we were informed that there was a dispute about how the vanity looked, causing a further delay as the design had to be changed, which was completely outside of our control.

The Lunar New Year event passed, by which time the COTY winners were announced, which were [Lo] Romantic. After checking with @Bearminator he informed me that this would likely happen in the next update, around April/May. On a side note, I would like to apologise from my side for any pressure put on you, as you were placed in a very difficult spot, but I appreciate the communication you've had throughout.

However, the recent change logs have happened, in fact, three in total if you include the ones happening this morning. Still nothing. I now got told that it's not guaranteed we will even receive the vanity in the Johto update, which means that almost six months later, we still wouldn't have received anything with no clear ETA as to when we will receive it. It could easily be near the end of the year when it comes, which is when the 2023 winners will receive their trophy.

Now, I understand that people not involved with this will ask what's the big deal? After all, it's just a pixeled item in a virtual game. Well, let me tell you:

1. If this was your team in the same position I guarantee that there would be a big fuss about how the process has been handled.
  2. This was discussed and planned months in advance before Team Tournament finished in 2022, all of these delays could have been avoidable or compromised whilst Johto and other changes were in the works.
  3. I guarantee future winners won't have to wait this long, but just in case, I hope this gives you some insight as to how long you may be expected to wait.

When I see this being avoided but trivial priorities being made such as implementing an egg hatching animation (which I personally find pointless), and I've received several questions as to why we've not heard any clear update on this, it's beginning to feel incredibly frustrating and I can understand why. It's not about the vanity, but the complete lack of communication which has been replicated in so many issues which have been raised with by the wider community.

I am not looking for any compensation for us, SLSY, VGC or Lo as this was a nice addition and didn't have to be implemented in the first place, but the lack of communication and the process I'm regrettable to say has been absolutely disgusting.

@Kyu @Desu

7 minutes ago, Imperial said:

I did not want to address this publicly, but I feel I should as I saw this thread was created.

First off, I would like to thank the team for considering implementing the vanity as an addition in the first place - it was a really cool idea and a great incentive for future teams to try and reach the top 3 teams in Team Tournament.

However, the process for how this was handled was completely wrong and I hope this process never repeats for future winners.

First, we were told that we would expect to receive the item within the first few weeks of the New Year. All teams were requested to provide a list of players to receive the vanity, which was done so fairly. I understand this would take a while as staff would need to cross-check with their records.

Secondly, we were informed that there was a dispute about how the vanity looked, causing a further delay as the design had to be changed, which was completely outside of our control.

The Lunar New Year event passed, by which time the COTY winners were announced, which were [Lo] Romantic. After checking with @Bearminator he informed me that this would likely happen in the next update, around April/May. On a side note, I would like to apologise from my side for any pressure put on you, as you were placed in a very difficult spot, but I appreciate the communication you've had throughout.

However, the recent change logs have happened, in fact, three in total if you include the ones happening this morning. Still nothing. I now got told that it's not guaranteed we will even receive the vanity in the Johto update, which means that almost six months later, we still wouldn't have received anything with no clear ETA as to when we will receive it. It could easily be near the end of the year when it comes, which is when the 2023 winners will receive their trophy.

Now, I understand that people not involved with this will ask what's the big deal? After all, it's just a pixeled item in a virtual game. Well, let me tell you:

1. If this was your team in the same position I guarantee that there would be a big fuss about how the process has been handled.
  2. This was discussed and planned months in advance before Team Tournament finished in 2022, all of these delays could have been avoidable or compromised whilst Johto and other changes were in the works.
  3. I guarantee future winners won't have to wait this long, but just in case, I hope this gives you some insight as to how long you may be expected to wait.

When I see this being avoided but trivial priorities being made such as implementing an egg hatching animation (which I personally find pointless), and I've received several questions as to why we've not heard any clear update on this, it's beginning to feel incredibly frustrating and I can understand why. It's not about the vanity, but the complete lack of communication which has been replicated in so many issues which have been raised with by the wider community.

I am not looking for any compensation for us, SLSY, VGC or Lo as this was a nice addition and didn't have to be implemented in the first place, but the lack of communication and the process I'm regrettable to say has been absolutely disgusting.

@Kyu @Desu

ur right u all got info im just the representative person cause my teammates just wanted information about they dont have anything so thats why i just make this to get informed about it i dont want to make pressure on the staff cause this new additions are the priority, I mean bugs the problem with the new move add, etc. sorry if he gets pressured or something just that, u all know chinese players are not avaible on discord to see the discuss, also ty Incog ❤️

Edited by ChronoRike
2 minutes ago, ChronoRike said:

ur right u all got info im just the representative person cause my teammates just wanted information about they dont have anything so thats why i just make this to get informed about it i dont want to make pressure on the staff cause this new additions are the priority, I mean bugs the problem with the new move add, etc. sorry if he gets pressured or something just that, u all know chinese players are not avaible on discord to see the discuss, also ty Incog ❤️

Thank you for creating the thread, I've waited for so long but it's got to a point where we need clear communication.

Hi all.

Firstly, I'd like to apologize on behalf the team on the delay of receiving your prizes - and additionally for the general delay in a response to this thread.

I had seen it shortly after it went up, but wanted to gather additional information from everyone involved before responding.

Things have been held back somewhat due to the work being done on upcoming game areas (something you're aware of, I know), as well as some miscommunication from within the staff - something that has now been rectified.

It wasn't until recently that we had the ability to properly split an existing vanity item up into a 'custom' one, which was required to make a team cup for each respective year.

Now to be clear, I understand this is neither directly relevant to you, nor are you expected to sympathize or care for the reasoning, but I didn't want to make a post without at least providing you with an explanation.

For information you do care about, I come here with this:

image.gif.b0bb1aa52d7a4026eb2004d459a53c73.gif

This is the design for the 1st place Cup of the Year trophy, which features an animated globe.

This design was chosen due to a year being a complete planetary cycle, and thus it was given an animation as it needed to be decidedly more flashy.

It's still in the process of being worked on, but should be finished soon.

The 2nd and 3rd places are similar, as you would expect, in the same vein as the regular Team Tournament prizes.

We are going to endeavor to get these vanities out to you as soon as possible, which may be possible in an upcoming supplementary patch (client update).

If that does not turn out to be possible, and on the assumption that they're finished in full, it will have to be done during the next server update (when the game goes down for maintenance).

I hope this at least answers some of your questions, and I want to ensure you that making sure we get these out to you is currently at the top of my priority list.

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

Hi all.

Firstly, I'd like to apologize on behalf the team on the delay of receiving your prizes - and additionally for the general delay in a response to this thread.

I had seen it shortly after it went up, but wanted to gather additional information from everyone involved before responding.

Things have been held back somewhat due to the work being done on upcoming game areas (something you're aware of, I know), as well as some miscommunication from within the staff - something that has now been rectified.

It wasn't until recently that we had the ability to properly split an existing vanity item up into a 'custom' one, which was required to make a team cup for each respective year.

Now to be clear, I understand this is neither directly relevant to you, nor are you expected to sympathize or care for the reasoning, but I didn't want to make a post without at least providing you with an explanation.

This is the design for the 1st place Cup of the Year trophy, which features an animated globe.

This design was chosen due to a year being a complete planetary cycle, and thus it was given an animation as it needed to be decidedly more flashy.

The 2nd and 3rd places are similar, as you would expect, in the same vein as the regular Team Tournament prizes.

We are going to endeavor to get these vanities out to you as soon as possible, which may be possible in an upcoming supplementary patch (client update).

If that does not turn out to be possible, and on the assumption that they're finished in full, it will have to be done during the next server update (when the game goes down for maintenance).

I hope this at least answers some of your questions, and I want to ensure you that making sure we get these out to you is currently at the top of my priority list.

I appreciate your reply and the update on what's been going on. I understand that a lot has been happening behind the scenes but I'm grateful for you communicating what's planned.

The design looks great like with many of the vanities you create, and myself and I'm sure many others look forward to receiving it when it's ready!

Is the animated globe exclusive only for the 1st place of the Cup of the Year, or is it also the same for the 1st place of the Team of the Year as well?

On 5/7/2023 at 11:43 AM, Darkshade said:

Hi all.

2 hours ago, Darkshade said:

The animated globe is being given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place of Cup of the Year only.

Hi Darkshade, I think there may have been some confusion so wanted to check with you:

Team Of The Year - This is for teams who finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in Team Tournament 2022 (OpTc, SLSY and VGC). Could you please confirm if the animated globe you showed us are for those three teams, in gold, silver and bronze respectively?

Cup Of The Year - This is for the team who won Cup Of The Year 2022 which was a one-off tournament, so [Lo]Romantic (my understanding is there were no vanities for 2nd and 3rd for this competition). Could you please confirm if they will receive the same gold globe vanity, or if they will receive a different exclusive vanity?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 12:46 PM, Imperial said:

Hi Darkshade, I think there may have been some confusion so wanted to check with you:

Team Of The Year - This is for teams who finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in Team Tournament 2022 (OpTc, SLSY and VGC). Could you please confirm if the animated globe you showed us are for those three teams, in gold, silver and bronze respectively?

Cup Of The Year - This is for the team who won Cup Of The Year 2022 which was a one-off tournament, so [Lo]Romantic (my understanding is there were no vanities for 2nd and 3rd for this competition). Could you please confirm if they will receive the same gold globe vanity, or if they will receive a different exclusive vanity?

Sooo since this isn't being answered can the mods lock this thread? Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Sooo since this isn't being answered can the mods lock this thread? Thanks.

Nope, still need to answer the following:

On 5/9/2023 at 7:22 PM, LifeStyleNORE said:

Won team of the year 2019 and 2020, cup of the year 2020 as well...

I hope these are rectroactive @Darkshade

1 hour ago, LeJovi said:

Nope, still need to answer the following:

5 minutes ago, TheShyn said:

Where is Aw's vanity ?? Team Of The Year 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 ???

The first time Bear announced this vanity, I asked if my team would receive it since we finished at the top in 2021, but according to him only for 2022 onwards.

Edited by Makarovs
On 5/19/2023 at 2:20 AM, Makarovs said:

The first time Bear announced this vanity, I asked if my team would receive it since we finished at the top in 2021, but according to him only for 2022 onwards.

And how is that fair? Only teams from 2022 onwards count? C'mon. Staff gotta be better than that. 

(not directing this to you but to staff themselves) 

This event seems very private, but why not draw the teams better, since the people who play don't know anything about this TT Tournament... unless they announce a Link once a month to see who wants to play this event 🤡 .. .

7 minutes ago, keirama said:

This event seems very private, but why not draw the teams better, since the people who play don't know anything about this TT Tournament... unless they announce a Link once a month to see who wants to play this event 🤡 .. .

I don't understand what you exactly mean, but it's always advertised on the forums every month and there's an official Discord which is updated regularly.

All the teams can register whenever they want but half of the new ones never show up when it's due to start so it's pointless to register in the first place...

Hace 3 horas, Imperial dijo:

No entiendo a qué te refieres exactamente, pero siempre se anuncia en los foros todos los meses y hay un Discord oficial que se actualiza periódicamente.

Todos los equipos pueden registrarse cuando quieran, pero la mitad de los nuevos nunca aparecen cuando deben comenzar, por lo que no tiene sentido registrarse en primer lugar...

Sí, creo que tienes razón en algo.🤡

Edited by keirama
22 hours ago, keirama said:

You mean......something like this?

https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/154245-team-tournaments-2023-general-thread/