TT of the year vanity

JJ's 1st thread
Orange's thread

JJ's 2nd thread

These are the 3 threads where players were keeping track of the best teams from 2013-2018. As you can see, there was a clear consensus in the community that winning a TT would grant 5 pts and losing the finals of a TT would award 2 pts. This is 38 pages of players congratulating each other for their achivements.

Edited by gbwead

Really no clue why people are attacking Bear when all of his decisions seem fair and well thought. 
To begin with, you're lucky devs are willing to retroactively reward old teams for a leaderboard that didn't even exist at the time. 
I can't find a single reason to complain other than bad faith ...

4 minutes ago, TohnR said:

Really no clue why people are attacking Bear when all of his decisions seem fair and well thought. 
To begin with, you're lucky devs are willing to retroactively reward old teams for a leaderboard that didn't even exist at the time. 

There is a leaderboard that existed at the time, that's the point and ignoring that point, well that's just... hmm what did you call it "bad faith"?

6 hours ago, TohnR said:

If you really do have no clue then perhaps the best course of action is to refrain from making a post in the first place. Their criticisms is also fair and well-thought-out, although harsh in some cases. You may disagree with them which is fine, but don’t go around and pretend everything that has been said was done in bad faith. If you didn’t bother to go through everything they said and/or try to understand then that’s on you and ignoring that on purpose makes you come off as dishonest and hypocritical. I’m pretty sure their biggest concern is more about preserving their legacy rather than the actual reward itself

Edited by LeZenor

- Using 1,2,4,7,15 for 2013-2018 makes it same results as DJJ basically, besides 2016, so 2016 has to be talked over, tie is possibility, to save us all headache

- keeping 1,2,4,7,10 for 2019-2022 is most sense since the results announced there happened AFTER the system was made, not retroactively as 2013-2018 ones.

- using 1,2,4,7,15 for 2023-as long as I will be host, and for 2013-2023 megatable.

I will not shift the system [for future ones]to "whoever wins most TTs", I think 15 points gives enough importance to wins. Matter of opinion if someone would choose

- 3 wins, 1 semifinal as equal to 3 wins 4 semifinals

or

- 3 wins 4 semifinals > 3 wins 1 semifinal.

3 hours ago, Bearminator said:

- 3 wins, 1 semifinal as equal to 3 wins 4 semifinals

or

- 3 wins 4 semifinals > 3 wins 1 semifinal.

I'm not sure I understand this part. Are you talking about 2023 or are you talking about all TTs even the ones with 4 rounds?

In a 4 rounds TT, losing in semi-finals means ending up with a score of 2-1.
In a 5 rounds TT, losing in semi-finals means ending up with a score of 3-1.

Overall, 3 wins + 4 semifinals should always be better than 3 wins + 1 semifinals. However, the difference is not that great when we think of 4 rounds TT.

Unrelated to the vanity discussion, but I would like the suggest the following change to the formula for 2024:

From
1 2 4 7 15

Losing in second round (Final Score 1-1): +1 

Losing in third round (Final Score 2-1): +2

Losing in semi-finals (Final Score 3-1): +4

Losing in finals (Final Score 4-1): +7
Winning TT (Final Score 5-0): +15

To
1 2 4 8 16

Losing in second round (Final Score 1-1): +1 

Losing in third round (Final Score 2-1): +2

Losing in semi-finals (Final Score 3-1): +4

Losing in finals (Final Score 4-1): +8
Winning TT (Final Score 5-0): +16

I find it weird that the number of points scored from third round to semi-finals goes from +2 to +4. This is basically x2. Then from semi-finals to finals, the score goes from +4 to +7. This is basically x2 -1. I think if you always go x2 between rounds, this is more consistent.

Edited by gbwead
9 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

To be honest, I wouldn’t even reward any points for anything under semi-finals.

Would 100% agree if we were playing anything other than pokemon, and/or if it wasn't 3v3
The more precise you are the less impact the odd rng can have on standings